Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 11:55:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Ahsoka (star wars cartoon live action spinoff)

Started by Dex Sawash, July 12, 2023, 03:42:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dex Sawash

Dunno if I care about this but it has enough female characters to annoy all the right people.
My yt links never work for CaB

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

Dex Sawash

Dex Sawash

There's a new trailer that is too nothing-y to bother with

Glebe

I think I've only seen the Clone Wars movie that kicked the animated series off, so I'm not that au fait with the characters.

Dex Sawash

The Clone Wars cartoons are dire and I let them all play while I read CaB  a few years ago. Rebels is sort of OK in a shit for cunts kids way.

Butchers Blind

Since ROTJ, everything Star Warsy, apart from Rogue One and Andor, has been shite.

madhair60

Quote from: Dex Sawash on August 08, 2023, 06:08:18 PMThe Clone Wars cartoons are dire and I let them all play while I read CaB  a few years ago. Rebels is sort of OK in a shit for cunts kids way.

wrong

Quote from: Butchers Blind on August 08, 2023, 08:31:03 PMSince ROTJ, everything Star Warsy, apart from Rogue One and Andor, has been shite.

wrong also

Dex Sawash

madhair60

still got it B)

edit: actual content; no, can't agree with that at all, I think Clone Wars got better and better as it went on and offered the richest most interesting SW stuff, in fact it probably still does. In fact I'd argue it pretty much justifies the prequels. Then Rebels was a nice continuation of it.

The prequels get a lot of love these days, almost entirely off the back of a generation of kids who grew up with Clone Wars. Maybe one day they'll do a cartoon series that fixes the sequels so that my grandkids can try to convince me that Rise of Skywalker isn't concentrated AIDS.

madhair60

Finn and Rose's Totally Worthwhile Adventures

Snoke and Palps' Clone Vacation

Captain Phasma & Boba Fett: The Wedding

Dex Sawash

Haden Christianson's still got it! Or, the one thing we didn't want to happen

Terry Torpid

I haven't watched any Star Wars stuff since Rise of the Skywalker, and that was just to finish off the "saga". Wasn't interested in a show about someone who looks like Boba Fett but isn't, wasn't interested in a show about actual Boba Fett, wasn't interested in a show about some bloke from Rogue One which I wasn't interested in in the first place, and now there's a show about someone from a cartoon I never watched set in the prequel era which, you guessed it, I'm not interested in.

I can't judge any of them without seeing them. Could be great. I guess I'll never know.

Frankly I'd be happy if they just stopped making anything.

pigamus

I've just come back from Tesco and saw this on the side of a bus.

"Arse... soaker?"

Dex Sawash

fucksake there's another one due out this year. Skeleton Crew with Jude Law and a buncha kids.

edit- Ophelia off Rome (hbo) too

Mr Trumpet

Quote from: Terry Torpid on August 15, 2023, 01:20:56 PMwasn't interested in a show about some bloke from Rogue One which I wasn't interested in in the first place,

I can't judge any of them without seeing them. Could be great. I guess I'll never know.

Frankly I'd be happy if they just stopped making anything.

To be fair that one (Andor) really is very good. And not in a "good by Star Wars standards" way, legitimately decent telly.

Glebe

Yep, Andor lives up to the hype, best SW since forever.

Dr Rock

Quote from: Huxleys Babkins on August 09, 2023, 11:24:09 AMThe prequels get a lot of love these days, almost entirely off the back of a generation of

fukwits

Alberon

Quote from: Mr Trumpet on August 20, 2023, 10:52:25 PMTo be fair that one (Andor) really is very good. And not in a "good by Star Wars standards" way, legitimately decent telly.

You don't even need to be up to speed on the rest of modern Star Wars.

Watch Andor. Seriously.

Terry Torpid

Shan't.

*stamps feet*

Magnum Valentino

The episode of Andor with the heist in it is the best Star Wars thing since 1983. Only watched it the other day, still have the season to finish, but wanted to echo the praises of the forum (which is what inspired me to watch it in the first place).

There's also a great scene in a warehouse in the second episode with some really memorable action madness in it. Andor is good gear.

Dex Sawash

Dex Sawash

Dex Sawash

idunnosomename

Amazing how banal them trying to use John Williams themes seems now. Used to be the opening two notes of the force theme would genuinely seem special. Now its just like hey we made MORE STAR WARS again

Oh i suppose i better spoiler this even if likely no one will care as it's all over the wikipedia page but big fanguff gimmick for this is

Spoiler alert
live-action debut of Grand Admiral Thrawn. Be funny if he's just a shit face-paint job like Blanka in tge Street Fighter movie
[close]

Dex Sawash

Quote from: idunnosomename on August 23, 2023, 12:02:52 PM
Spoiler alert
live-action debut of Grand Admiral Thrawn. Be funny if he's just a shit face-paint job like Blanka in tge Street Fighter movie
[close]

He looks like

Spoiler alert
Commander Data blue himself
[close]

druss

Oh it has a female in the lead role? I won't bother then as that's the only reason the sequel trilogy was puréed dog shit.

Dex Sawash

Episode 2 was marginally better, maybe. Chopper is best bin droid in SWU and has made the live action transition well. Darth Titus Pullo's apprentice/sidekick is terrible.