Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 10:26:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length

RWC 2023

Started by poo, September 04, 2023, 11:16:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

poo

AKA The Southern Hemisphere Pwn Show, featuring France and Ireland

dontpaintyourteeth

England gonna have a real time good at this one.

Dog Botherer

looks like it's racists vs women beaters opening night

shoulders

Unlike Ashton where we scraped a final with defensive play I think Borthwick's team are just plain gash, badly managed. Disorganised, error strewn and clunky and in need of a factory reset.

Are there many likeable teams from the main countries currently? Don't say Australia. France?

Going to be cheering on the pacific islanders as usual, I hope they hospitalise the lot of us then claim the trophy by spear tackling it off its prissy little plinth. Japan can also be supported.

Good Hank

Hoping for at least one surprise result to make it 1% entertaining.

kitsofan34

Partly fuelled by the increasingly immoral poisoning of football, I have become more and more interested in rugby over the last year, aware of rugby's murk but without quite as much in depth knowledge of said murk as my 30 years of watching football has brought to that sport.

I've been educated on the game by a Welsh man on youtube, called Squidge Rugby. He's very insightful and is the best analyst of the sport I have watched. He has done 17 (soon to be 20) deep dives on all the teams, which might give anyone interested but lacking in information a better idea of who is who.

https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PL8x7mbkf2w981Cph_6QtAiRxhsjHPDV3Y&si=jyxoZpxuj3NdzfkF

The RFU really do mirror the Tory party. It's a complete shambles. I do wonder if the only hope is to rebrand the domestic game and appoint a maverick to put into place rugby's equivalent of Bazball.

rjd2

Quote from: Good Hank on September 04, 2023, 10:16:56 PMHoping for at least one surprise result to make it 1% entertaining.

Its going to have a lot of one sided games as always but if you look at the group stage their is intrigue their.

Pool A

NZ v France is a corker to open with yeah neither will struggle to qualify but what a game to start with.Uruguay v Namibia will also be a cracker.

Pool B

South Africa, Scotland and Ireland, that's a proper group of death.

Pool C

Wales, Australia, Fiji and Georgia,,,

Georgia won't qualify but they will be competitive and then its going to be a serious battle for the other 3. Fiji have rocked up with aspirations of reaching the semi finals.

poll d

England, Argentina and Japan

Japan have not kicked on sadly so they probably won't do much but England are rubbish so who knows? then of course the england v argentina game will be a cracker, genuine 50/50.

Dr Trouser

Quote from: rjd2 on September 05, 2023, 01:22:42 PMPool C

Wales, Australia, Fiji and Georgia,,,

Georgia won't qualify but they will be competitive and then its going to be a serious battle for the other 3. Fiji have rocked up with aspirations of reaching the semi finals.

Georgia deserve to qualify purely based on the extravagant moustaches they've grown. Feel sorry for Fijii as their flyhalf Muntz is out the tournament and he was instrumental in their performances this year. Replacement is dogshit so I fully expect Wales to limp home topping the group and making us believe we can win it (which we can't and don't deserve to).

Feel really bad for Scotland and their tricky draw.

Eng - Arg will be fucking hilarious.

dontpaintyourteeth

Fancy Argentina to beat Are Brave Posh Lads tbh

Senior Baiano

I'm going to save a fortune steering clear of pubs for seven weeks

Dog Botherer

Quote from: dontpaintyourteeth on September 07, 2023, 10:00:40 AMFancy Argentina to beat Are Brave Posh Lads tbh

could be a proper 40+ point pumping for La Roses

bgmnts

Wales will win it cos we're the best.

Senior Baiano

Argentine rugby guys are the absolute fuckin worst btw, I know that much about the sport.

Norton Canes

Why did France just get a pen (to make it 3-5)? Please explain

dontpaintyourteeth

France were quite good there.

Dr Trouser

Never seen the all blacks play so badly.

Was a great match to watch.

centristmelt

First ever pool match defeat for them!

Dog Botherer

NZ can't handle big lads at all, they're out in the quarters. crappest NZ team i can remember watching.

France look pretty decent but not unbeatable. prone to a few absolute clangers. NZ got at Dupont but couldn't take advantage.

dontpaintyourteeth

It's still between Ireland and South Africa for me Clive

dex

The opening ceremony was pretentious wank. But the France v NZ game was good. Good to see NZ not getting away with their dirty tricks like in years gone by.

I'd just be happy to see a northern hemisphere team win the tournament for a change be good for the sport. France and Ireland definitly in with a chance.

Hoping for a Japan v Boks style upset somewhere too.

buttgammon

Everyone is laughing at me for saying we'll lose to Fiji, but they won't be laughing on Monday morning (they will but they'll be laughing at the Welsh rugby team, not me!)

Norton Canes

Blimey. After all the moves towards diversity in sport presentation teams lately, it's a bit of a shock to turn on ITV and see a panel of four white blokes

Norton Canes

Is it too much for the commentators to explain each of these rules transgressions? We're not all experts

Dr Trouser

At this point I doubt even the referees can remember which new rules World Rugby have bought in to 'increase in play ball time'

Glebe

rjd2

This is going to make the inevitable quarter final exit all the more annoying.

Dr Trouser

Quote from: Norton Canes on September 09, 2023, 11:34:26 AMBlimey. After all the moves towards diversity in sport presentation teams lately, it's a bit of a shock to turn on ITV and see a panel of four white blokes

We've got a white man, a black woman and a cheating whining fuck for this match, which is pretty diverse

jamiefairlie

Quote from: Norton Canes on September 09, 2023, 11:34:26 AMBlimey. After all the moves towards diversity in sport presentation teams lately, it's a bit of a shock to turn on ITV and see a panel of four white blokes

I know, the cunts. One of them should kill themselves live on TV as an act of reperation

Dr Trouser

always nice to hear the England fans booing the kicker