Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 09:36:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length

RWC 2023

Started by poo, September 04, 2023, 11:16:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dontpaintyourteeth

druss

Quote from: Dr Trouser on September 09, 2023, 08:11:57 PMalways nice to hear the England fans booing the kicker
Yes, a shame they are not as honourable as other nations' fans.

bgmnts

Genuinely haven't heard anything untoward in a Wales rugby game or any booing stuff like that in my limited experience.

Dr Trouser

Jesus, Ford has some bollocks about him, retro drop goal onslaught for the win.

Argentina giving a great example of shitting the bed here.

Who's the match commentator for this England game?  I like the way he sounds like he's clenching when England do somthing good.  Mark Pougatch on the other hand is a right cunt.

dontpaintyourteeth

Hoping this signals the end of Owen Farrell as a guaranteed starter tbh

Dr Trouser

This morning I spent two hours unblocking the drain - watching this game was not entirely different to that experience

Dog Botherer

better quality rugby in Namibia vs Italy. knew England's only hope was puke rugby, didn't expect Ford to go full Wilkinson or Argentina to play shitter than they've played in a decade though, dats da world cup baybee.

kitsofan34

Fifteen minutes into the Japan/Chile coverage and not a peep about either team yet.

dontpaintyourteeth

Quote from: Dog Botherer on September 10, 2023, 01:23:26 AMbetter quality rugby in Namibia vs Italy. knew England's only hope was puke rugby, didn't expect Ford to go full Wilkinson or Argentina to play shitter than they've played in a decade though, dats da world cup baybee.

To be fair (why? -cab editor) playing 77 minutes with 14 men... was hardly the moment for expansive rugby

kitsofan34

Chile vs Japan very entertaining so far.

With the way rugby is formatted, it's the high tier 2 vs low tier 1 team games that are most entertaining, unless you have two huge teams playing (Scotland vs SA, France vs NZ)

Dog Botherer

Quote from: dontpaintyourteeth on September 10, 2023, 11:41:52 AMTo be fair (why? -cab editor) playing 77 minutes with 14 men... was hardly the moment for expansive rugby

England would have been playing exactly the same tactics regardless of the card. their attack is simply non functioning at the moment. it's hard to overstate how bad Argentina were last night, another team wouldn't have dropped everything then given away a penalty at every scrum, and then England would have looked like they did against Ireland.

Chile must absolutely fancy a crack at a demoralized and poor Argentina. they've faded a little towards the end but great to see their ambition and talent.

Good Hank

Thoughts as it stands: France look decent; hard to tell about Ireland because of the quality of the opposition; England actually thought about how to play a difficult game rather than brainlessly conceding foul after foul; Eddie Jones will probably take the Aussies to the semis; there's a shock waiting to happen so Wales might be in for an uncomfortable night.

Dr Trouser

Scotland still in it despite a ref and TMO who seem to hate them. I'm assuming SA will now empty the bench and go on to win, but god i hope not.

dontpaintyourteeth

dontpaintyourteeth

I hope Fiji smash this lot

Dr Trouser

Warrenball v2.0 only this time even less dimensional

Good Hank

Wales look very lumpen.

Dr Trouser

No one's told Fiji this isn't a sevens match.

poo

Haha Jamie Roberts bald

Dr Trouser

His hair is an amazing optical illusion, one side looks like hair, other side slap head.

bgmnts

poo

Dr Trouser

Absolute cock of a yellow card

bgmnts

Poor Feej :(

No idea why it was a yellow but ho hum.

Dr Trouser

Good Hank

Fiji have been great value. Ultimate chaos.

bgmnts

Bit gutted for Fiji. I always remembered them being a team that passed the ball around well but they kept knocking it on.

Dr Trouser

Fiji are the only team this weekend who seemed to want to play rugby. If only there had been a better/neutral referee.

Wales have a lot of thinking to do.

poo

Wild physical contest thought it was great