Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 08:13:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Big Brother returns [split topic]

Started by oggyraiding, October 04, 2023, 01:21:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kidney

I shall continue watching for Yinrun.

twosclues

Yeah I'm finding this a very pleasant, easy watch so far. I don't mind if it's light on conflict early on if the people are likeable, which pretty much all of them are. Does actually feel a bit like an early series, but with the gloss of later years which I'm still getting used to. Current faves are Yinrun, Hallie and Jordan.

JesusAndYourBush

What happened to Yinrun's awesome wig on the 2nd day of the task?  It started off Marge Simpson tall but ended up rather deflated.

thr0b

Crikey, they're not wasting time - nominations announced Thursday night, voting through Friday, presumably we see the noms as the bulk of tonight's show and OUT.

Predictable that it's the two oldest, but also they're clearly the two biggest pains in the arse. So fair enough.

oggyraiding

Zak seems a good lad, I thought he'd be a twat because he's cool and handsome, but I like him. Tbh all of them seem decent, except Farida, Kerry, and Olivia. Didn't really get Farida's whole thing about how Kerry can't be friends with Hallie like a mum can't be friends with their child. Even miserable punished Jenkin isn't too bad. Maybe one of the most pleasant BB rosters ever.

thr0b

I like Olivia. She's brusque but not unpleasant with it - a very dry sense of humour that they don't all get.

JesusAndYourBush

It's been a refreshing change so far. Previously they've always interfered with the voting procedure for the first couple of weeks, conspiring to stop them voting out the annoying ones first and instead booting one of the nicer ones.

Here it ran like clockwork. The 2 most annoying ones up for eviction then one of them gone. Simple with no fuss.

Ja'moke

Trish completely clocked Kerry at the end of that episode. Everything she does feels performative. It's like she's trying to do a Nikki Grahame, but it's so forced and just embarrassing.

Noodle Lizard

Glad to see you're getting involved, Ja'moke! A true fixture of CaB Big Brother threads.

thr0b

Kerry gave off very TERFY vibes in the first week and is now giving off very Wine O'Clock vibes this week.

Her over-reaction at how amazing it was to be able to sleep inside the house after being outside for approximately five hours was very punchable, and they SAW her for it.

Hallie appeared more  upset at being stuck outside, but was also able to be calmed down and laughed at herself. So that was genuine.

thr0b

Oh, and they're nominating today. Two votes each.

Noodle Lizard

I thought Hallie came off pretty badly there. Gotta remember she's just 18 (I think?), but she's definitely got a spoiled brat vibe about her which is quite unappealing. If even the poshos aren't throwing a strop about doing some fairly cushy backyard camping, there's no real reason for anyone else to.

Kerry's way overplaying her hand, can't imagine it's convincing anyone. She definitely seems to be one of the more BB-literate contestants, but you can't suddenly decide to be a Legendary Housemate and come off as anything other than embarrassing.

The rest are all fine, though. A relatively hate-free series.

twosclues

Yeah Kerry's a classic case of feeling emboldened from surviving the eviction vote, and that being your downfall. The rock-paper-scissors outburst was skincrawling.

thr0b

I'm thinking Hallie may be struggling a bit with the camping and being outdoors due to being around a bunch of people she hardly knows, and having to publicly shower among them. Given she has said she has pretty severe body dysmorphia, I suspect the removal of any privacy added to her tantrum.

Basically a bit of a stroppy tantrum, and a bit of genuine distress.

I think some of the tantrum was done with a knowing wink, but it'll probably get her some nominations.

Ja'moke

Quote from: twosclues on October 17, 2023, 08:59:41 AMYeah Kerry's a classic case of feeling emboldened from surviving the eviction vote, and that being your downfall. The rock-paper-scissors outburst was skincrawling.

The way Dylan just blankly stared at her after that was very funny.

JesusAndYourBush

Quote from: twosclues on October 17, 2023, 08:59:41 AMYeah Kerry's a classic case of feeling emboldened from surviving the eviction vote, and that being your downfall. The rock-paper-scissors outburst was skincrawling.

Yeah she's embarrassing.  First the food thing some days ago "I don't like vegetables", grow the fuck up you big baby, and lately the screaming and just generally being annoying. She'll be up for eviction this week but with 2 votes instead of 1 it'll maybe ensure she's up with at least 3 others. (Have they ever done just ONE vote in previous series? I don't remember it.)

And I couldn't even make out that she's said rock paper scissors until they replayed it in the aftershow thing as she was so screamy,

I thought for a moment we were going to get a Nikki Grahame moment during Hallie's rant in the diary room but I can't remember anything quotable, so no.

And in the gardening task are they able to heat up the tins of food?  Mushy peas are lovely but I'd not be as keen to eat them cold, and neither were they.  There's a fire but nobody had the nous to try and light it. Are there any pans in which to cook the food that they've not even noticed? Or am I reading too much into the task.

centristmelt

Kerry is beyond Karen 101 at this point.

JesusAndYourBush

Ahhh, that last nomination fucked it. They would have had 6 or 7 of them up if that last vote had gone somewhere else.

thr0b

I like that they've decided Zak is "fake" simply by virtue of him actually being nice, while also liking to wind people up.

I hope he stays.

Queen Peach

show is going from boring to tedious I'm afraid.

how are the ratings?

thr0b

Quote from: Queen Peach on October 19, 2023, 11:57:17 AMshow is going from boring to tedious I'm afraid.

how are the ratings?

Holding up at around 800k-1million on overnights, which was ITV's target.

It's definitely got a very engaged audience as well - I had a look at one of the vote on the app from Late & Live , which gives a live tally of how many people have voted - it went from 300-4000 in a handful of seconds, all of whom will have seen targeted ads, and had to register to do so.

Heavily sponsored as well - they're wearing Vinted clothes, most of the ad-breaks are heavily sponsored with clips from the show appearing in ads from companies.

I suspect ITV are very, very happy with this.

Queen Peach

no one interested in tonight's show? felt the girls shouldve been binned tbh

twosclues

Everyone's reaction to the rule break was very Nasty Nick. Discussing nominations became so normalised in later years, it's funny to see it loop back around to being a scandal. Enjoyed Zak's petty revenge and Kerry somehow managing to come across as more of a cunt than Hallie and Olivia.

thr0b

Their looks of shock that someone could have discussed nominations were a joy to behold. As were the girls reactions to being put in jail in the pouring rain.

This is honestly one of the best runs of the show in years.

JesusAndYourBush

I LOLed when they walked out in Guantanemo suits. Should have left them in the rain a little longer perhaps.

pk1yen

Not much to add but I'm really enjoying this series. Not watched it properly since I think 2003!

Crazy how much Henry has grown on me simply through proximity to Yinrun and Jordan (who'll both be part of final 4 surely), despite his intense Tory vibes. I think he'll survive tonight due to this as well. Nobody wants to upset Yinrun.

I also quite like Chanelle but I couldn't tell you why -- I think maybe she looks like she'd fit in in 2003. I sort of understand people liking Zak as a contestant, but I'd absolutely detest him in real life.

The proliferation of therapy-talk and people trying to 'speak their truth' to each other is starting to really piss me off though. None of these constant apologies feel real or honest - they all feel like they're being filtered through internet self-help bollocks about 'honest communication' learned from the internet.

pk1yen

Forgot to add, there have been a lot of genuine laughs for me so far as well

The other day, when Paul walked past Jordan & Henry, muttered "alright" at them and walked off ... and Jordan added "what a lovely interaction"

kidney

Paul really is just a non-entity. I didn't see the launch night but I'm really struggling to see what he offers as a contestant and why they opted to put him in. Sick of his shirtless-ness too.