Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 10:38:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Loki season 2

Started by madhair60, October 08, 2023, 12:41:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dissolute ocelot

Episode 6 did at least inject some energy and pace, and some nice jokes..

Spoiler alert
At least it didn't end on the Braveheart-tier cliche of dying nobly "being free", an idiotic concept of free will that assumes we're all heroes getting to choose whether to ride out to battle and destroy the universe. Although in this case, that might have been fun.

There's definitely something symbolic about it ending with Loki sitting on his arse doing fuck all other than grimacing and barely holding shit together (that's a bit unfair to the supporting cast but not to the writers).
[close]

My Disney+ subscription expires on the 27th I think. No point in renewing it.

Famous Mortimer

I rather liked it - love a good time loop bit of business, and the cast were all excellent. I've been a fan of Moorehead and Benson for years, so it was nice to see them getting some of that Marvel money and making something visually interesting with all sorts of good ideas in it.

Kudos to them for subtly sidelining Kang as well, while leaving it open to him returning if there are any Jonathan Majors developments. I liked him a lot in this, too.

dissolute ocelot

Quote from: Famous Mortimer on November 19, 2023, 04:29:20 AMI rather liked it - love a good time loop bit of business, and the cast were all excellent. I've been a fan of Moorehead and Benson for years, so it was nice to see them getting some of that Marvel money and making something visually interesting with all sorts of good ideas in it.

Kudos to them for subtly sidelining Kang as well, while leaving it open to him returning if there are any Jonathan Majors developments. I liked him a lot in this, too.
Not sure about Majors as a 19th century Chicagoan, but he was very good as a villain in this; the scene with Loki in Kang's office at the end of time in the final episode was great. Majors was also the best thing in Ant-Man 3. Though if he does prove to be a wrong un, I'd rather they found a more earthbound villain for the Avengers rather than trying be even bigger than Infinity War/Endgame.