Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 12:59:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Shows you avoided / missed for years for no good reason

Started by Easy_To_Assemble, October 20, 2023, 02:14:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
I've just started watching Life on Mars 17 years too late, and wondered why I had this weird need to actively avoid it. Enjoying it quite a lot as it happens.

I think it was partly a slight contrarianism on my part (everyone likes this show, so I'm not going to bother), and also an assumption I wouldn't like it.

Are there any shows you've avoided watching for years, only to discover it anew, waaaaay after everyone else had had their fill?

Endicott

Currently watching Tutti Frutti, recently PVR'd from its BBC repeat. Don't know why I missed it first time round, its right up  my street.

Still haven't seen Our Friends In The North, I should pull my finder out on that one.

I haven't actively avoided either of these, just missed them and then been a bit lazy.

Angst in my Pants

I recently finished watching a rather wonderful programme called Breaking Bad. I'd recommend it - but there's no-one left who hasn't seen it already.

There's a spin off series called Better Call Saul, but it only started 8 years ago so I should probably wait another 7 years or so before trying it.

dissolute ocelot

I avoided The Wire cuz the creator was being a dick, avoided Seinfeld for years, avoided Angel which was shit for 3 years but gets better, and have still avoided Game of Thrones though I watched the terrible Lord of the Rings show.

Also avoided Charmed cuz I thought it was a Buffy rip off but recently watched some, and its shit. I'm right sometimes.

Everyone i know seems to love Married At First Sight but definitely not watching that.

ollyboro

I watched Our Friends In The North about 6 months ago. Not really sure why it took me so long. I must have been out when it was on.

DrGreggles

Succession

I mean, everyone says it's good, and it probably is, but I just can't be arsed to pay attention to something new.

madhair60

Sonny_Jim

Quote from: Easy_To_Assemble on October 20, 2023, 02:14:25 PMI think it was partly a slight contrarianism on my part (everyone likes this show, so I'm not going to bother), and also an assumption I wouldn't like it.

Sopranos and to a much lesser extent Game of Thrones are both like this for me.  "Oh everyone says it good?  Shan't watch it then, now to go back to finding shitty movies on Tubi"

Oh and never seen any of the LOTR, but that's less ODD and more that everytime I watch a fantasy film I wish I was watching sci-fi instead.