Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 09:14:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Bodies (dead body netflix limited series)

Started by Dex Sawash, October 22, 2023, 02:35:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dex Sawash

Only watched the first episode so far, not sure on much about it yet. Did wonder where Stephen Graham was at the whole time, as he was the main face they were pushing in the promos and he hadn't turned up. Then he appeared as a Big Brother hologram 'this is the future world'-type screen on a building at the very end and I nearly burst out laughing.

Inspector Norse

Flashy and trashy, I thought the first episode was a lot of fun but the second didn't really sustain the momentum. Yet to decide if it's worth sticking with: a pretty intriguing plot and decent leads and production values but too much cliché in the writing and settings.

ozziechef

I'm 4 episodes in so far and it's fun and moves at a decent pace so far. The historical stuff is a bit cheesy, but there's enough to keep me going for the last 4.

Stephen Graham being the face of this is a bit odd as he's be in it for about 10 minutes across the 4 episodes, but think he may be a bigger part in the back half.

neveragain

A lot of this feels like Americans writing in a 'British' voice (or several, given the different time periods.)

Shaky

Supremely entertaining tosh, this, and it leans into it's comic-book origins. Great fun and you really start to care about the characters in each time period.

cacciaguida

Finished this last night

Overall a marginal thumbs up. Got really into it around episodes 3-5 as the mystery began to reveal itself.

Then the mystery fully revealed itself, and it left me a bit meh.

Decent enough though, and the general premise was engaging enough to keep me entertained over 8 eps.

SteveDave

Good on them for keeping it to a one and done.

You get the idea that could've ended it at episode 6 and then drawn out episodes 7 and 8 into a second series.