Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 12:22:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Time - Series 2

Started by Sebastian Cobb, November 10, 2023, 01:31:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sebastian Cobb

Dunno if this has come out quietly but it's on iPlayer in its entirety now.

This time it's in a womans' nick. Although it sets itself up with a central relatable prisoner (Jodie Whittacker is kind of the Sean Bean) that falls off pretty quick and her other two cellmates (Tamara Lawrance
, Bella Ramsey) end up having their own big fully-realised arcs as well (along with other people too).

It's pretty good, although probably teases you with the worst (predictable) outcome happening and then not a little too much.

There's some good cameos along the way and Lisa Millett off of Early Doors is the PO with the shred of humanity. They also managed to keep the chaplain from S1 by writing in she'd put in for a transfer.

I don't want to give too much away but needs a TW around 'baby stuff'
Spoiler alert
One person's in for infanticide and there's a birth that looks like it'll go bad
[close]

neveragain

Thought this was great, as good as the first series except for Jodie Whittaker's character who was failed by the writing. Not enough of an arc, not enough story to be likable. Just constantly shouting, "All I did was fiddle me leccy!"

jamiefairlie

Quote from: neveragain on November 16, 2023, 12:56:59 AMThought this was great, as good as the first series except for Jodie Whittaker's character who was failed by the writing. Not enough of an arc, not enough story to be likable. Just constantly shouting, "All I did was fiddle me leccy!"

At what point do we stop blaming the writing?

neveragain

Quote from: jamiefairlie on November 16, 2023, 01:08:54 AMAt what point do we stop blaming the writing?

Well, I thought her acting was fine as far as it goes. It was her story that failed to grip me. The parts concerning the other two characters I found strong in all areas.

Sebastian Cobb

Agree Whittacker's character was the weakest, I think she's supposed to be the most relatable of the three, being a struggling mum doing a bit of fraud to make ends meet but she just seemed like a bit of an entitled arsehole giving the heroin addict shit when she was having a strop etc.