Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 10:34:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The Lazarus Project (time-loopy sci-fi nonsense on Sky) - Series Two

Started by studpuppet, November 10, 2023, 02:39:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

studpuppet

Couldn't find a thread for the first series - searching brought up every page that Phoenix Lazarus has ever posted on (and who is still on my shit list for not posting a song on the Oscillations Advent Calendar last year). I digress...

Anyway - I watched the first series recently which was pretty good for time-travel-y guff. Fairly big (Sky) budget, lots of bends and twists, with Groundhog Day-style montages as characters play out different permutations of the same situations to find a version where the world doesn't end (or does end, depending on their motives). Lots of interesting ideas to play with, and a finale that has given the next series (beginning on 15th Nov) something to expand upon. It's not quite in the league of Severance, but it's something to watch while you're waiting for the second series of that to come down the pipe.

Second series trailer:

And here the first if you didn't ever catch it.

bobloblaw

I enjoyed this due to the cast and Joe Barton's dialogue/humour. Saw a preview of this and it's more of the same (in a good way). Joe confessed he has no particular endpoint or series 3 plans but is enjoying winging it.