Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 11:29:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Scott Pilgrim Takes Off

Started by madhair60, November 17, 2023, 10:28:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

madhair60

it's out and it's much better than I expected (though I'm only a bit into the first episode)

madhair60

oh shit they really kept it close to their chest what exactly this is. not a straight adaptation in the slightest.

letsgobrian

Quote from: madhair60 on November 17, 2023, 11:29:50 PMoh shit they really kept it close to their chest what exactly this is. not a straight adaptation in the slightest.

Yeah, it wasn't until Edgar Wright was on Comedy Bang Bang this week that I had an inkling of where they were going with it.

madhair60

two episodes down and really enjoying this. huge departure from the comics, though more effective if you have read them (or seen the movie, I suppose). eight half hours is a lot, so it could go to shit but i'm impressed thus far

BJBMK2

Binged the lot this evening. Will keep spoilers close to the chest if your still going through it, but it's a lot of fun. Big daft, goofy fun, in the same vein as the original comics, as opposed to the movie, which I have a kind of love-hate relationship with (I can watch and enjoy it just fine, but parts of it just feel way too self conscious at times).

madhair60

13 schoolyards

Yeah I was really on board with this just being a straight adaptation of the comics, as the movie flubs a fair bit and a lot of the interesting stuff about the series comes along in the books that were done after the movie. But the new turn is one I'm more than happy to go along with

phantom_power

Just seen the first one and enjoyed it and intrigued by where it goes now. I liked how it seeded things with little differences to the source material here and there but nothing that makes much odds and then BAM that ending

13 schoolyards

Now watched the first three episodes and am loving it. Everyone's great, but I did not expect Gideon Graves to be the comedy MVP (the lawyer bit in ep.2, his big emotional speech in ep.3. NO FEAR)

madhair60

Finished this and I thought it was shockingly good. A huge surprise.

Milo

Well that was absolutely fucking brilliant huh.