Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 10:39:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Lawmen; Bass Reeves (Paramount+)

Started by Dex Sawash, December 06, 2023, 01:10:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dex Sawash

David Oyelowo is former slave turned frontier deputy. Semi-true series. Watched a couple of these eps.
Still unrevealed is why title promises plural Bass Reeve

Overall OK, has some odd continuity around scene breaks that may seem more normal with commercials inserted. Dennis Quade, Donald Sutherland, others you may be familiar with.

Famous Mortimer

I was visiting a mate once and as we were driving round, he pointed out a building where Bass Reeves had done something pretty good once. Sadly, this anecdote will probably not make it to my autobiography.

Terence Bowl

Quote from: Dex Sawash on December 06, 2023, 01:10:10 PMStill unrevealed is why title promises plural Bass Reeve
I'm assuming every season will be about a different lawman, hopefully some of the lesser known ones rather than the usual Earp, Garrett, Masterson stuff but probably not.

I watched the first the episode along with the new SciFi show Beacon 23. It was alright but unlike Beacon 23 I haven't gone back to it though I'm still downloading them so I may go back to it at some point (but I've got 100+ shows sitting on a hard drive that I've said that about where I still haven't seen more than the 1st ep if that).

Dex Sawash

Quote from: Terence Bowl on December 06, 2023, 07:21:06 PMBeacon 23.

Just watched e1 of this, seems good. Gonna do 7 day free trail and watch rest of

Dex Sawash

Have mostly slept through Beacon 23 starting from the 100 year flashback around e4 or 5 where I got bored.

Terence Bowl

Beacon 23 is just about interesting enough to keep me watching but it does seem like they're dragging out a movies worth of plot to last a season. It's been panned on IMDB but that's mostly coming from fans of the novel outraged at how much has been changed, it seems that all they've kept is the title, the location and the picture of the lighthouse keeper (which apparently is a real and quite famous photo).

Watched the second episode of Bass Reeves and again it was ok but didn't have me desperate to see episode three.

Hopefully some of the US TV show writers used their free time during the strike to polish up the scripts they were working on and we'll get some better shows next year.