Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 07:21:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Billions

Started by Blue Jam, August 27, 2022, 12:39:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

C_Larence

Only clip I've ever seen from it was Paul Giamatti making an omelette in real time. Didn't grab me.

Ignatius_S

Quote from: Blue Jam on August 10, 2023, 06:43:10 PMBillions S7 drops in the UK on Saturday...

...on Paramount+ FFS

One episode per week so I may just wait until they're all available and take in that and Your Honor and then cancel. Meh, £6.99 per month isnae bad really, better than forking out for a couple of boxsets. Might have to start a Paramount+ recommendations thread.

It's also on Sky Atlantic and Now Tv.

Your AppleTV thread was/is great, so you should do a Paramount+ one! However, I would definitely recommend Yellowstone - that's coming to Channel 5 (not sure about the spin-offs though).

*edit* On Sky, I think the first airing was 04.00 this morning and it's on this evening, so looks like Paramount+ gets it a little earlier!

Ignatius_S

Hopefully, watching the first episode later - hoping for a good send-off.

That said, last season there were a lot of complaints of it suddenly being woke, mainly from people who seemed to feel that it had 'suddenly' become anti-billionaires.

Hat FM

interesting (is it?) thats it on both now tv and paramount plus. hope that sort of thing continues as i don't want to pay for paramount.

Ignatius_S

Quote from: Hat FM on August 11, 2023, 12:47:54 PMinteresting (is it?) thats it on both now tv and paramount plus. hope that sort of thing continues as i don't want to pay for paramount.

I suspect that the licensing deal Sky has meant that it would be able to show it - also, international sales are often important for shows being renewed and companies like Sky made the final series possible. As mentioned, Channel 5 is now starting to show Yellowstone.

Sky and Paramount have a strategic partnership - people who subscribe to Sky Cinema get Paramount+ for free and recently, it's been possible to access most of the same content through Now Cinema.

Disney is also working with Sky and interesting, in the Uk, you still can only watch the first ten seasons of Modern Family on Disney+... but Sky has the final season on demand! I recently re-watched the show and found this out the hard way!

Blue Jam

"I am the buck!" Mike Prince is headed for a massive fall isn't he? Let's hope so.

Oh Chuck, don't pretend you're not enjoying the chafing of that ankle tag immensely.

Great to have this back.

Blue Jam

Watching this on a laptop and noted that Now TV have ditched their pointless app which means you can now use Virtual Desktop to watch their content in VR, yaaaaay!

Ignatius_S

I have been joying the new season a lot - rather liked the flash forward opening. How did we get there???

Nice to be seeing some familar faces again. When Taylor insisted on recruiting new traders, I thought there wasn't going to be any prizes for guessing one in particular.

Some nice humour and particularly enjoyed Chuck's dad recounting his experience with the first wife of a golf club owner. I thought to myself, 'isn't that owned by?' and yes, it was!

Hat FM

Fairly bored by this. Is Damien Lewis going to pop up at the end and save the day somehow and at the same time sacrificing his freedom? time will tell. what they should have done is taken a year out when Lewis quit and asked him if he felt the same way a year later. The idea that anyone would vote for Prince to be president is laughable.

Mr_Simnock

Quote from: Hat FM on September 07, 2023, 09:47:42 AMFairly bored by this. Is Damien Lewis going to pop up at the end and save the day somehow and at the same time sacrificing his freedom? time will tell. what they should have done is taken a year out when Lewis quit and asked him if he felt the same way a year later. The idea that anyone would vote for Prince to be president is laughable.

I thought Lewis's comeback was funny, something to do with Axe helping with the finance for ceratin weapons to Ukraine on behalf of a government, as if any gov would need a disreputable exiled former finance grifter, billionare or not, to organise the finances of weapons transfers lol. The main issue's with passing on anything to Ukraine for use in the war are mainly political, and do you want certain technology used in this war etc.

Blue Jam

I did enjoy that blatant bit of product placement with Axe's drinks cabinet in episode 2. An attempt to make Unicum ("from Budapest!") and Brennivin ("from Reykjavik!") look like exotic tipples billionaires drink? I've tried both, neither are especially posh. Perhaps about as posh as Jagermeister.

EDIT: Becherovka as well, not tried that one. Also sounds a bit like Jagermeister and can be had for about £20 for 70cl:

https://productplacementblog.com/tv-series/unicum-liqueur-becherovka-and-brennivin-aquavit-in-billions-s07e02-original-sin-2023/

"Unicum" huhuhuhuh

bgmnts

A billionaire who willingly drinks Unicum for pleasure would make me think there is such a thing as a psychotic tastebud.

Devil's piss.

Blue Jam

A kinky sex tape scandal? I guess Chuck's your man...

Blue Jam

Yessssssss

Spoiler alert
RICK HOFFMAN!
[close]

Ignatius_S

Quote from: Blue Jam on September 15, 2023, 06:33:38 PMYessssssss

Spoiler alert
RICK HOFFMAN!
[close]

I know! So awesome! Something I've been really enjoying is the vibe of this send-off season is 'we're getting the band together.... and all the support acts as well'.

Ignatius_S

Quote from: Blue Jam on September 08, 2023, 07:39:43 PMA kinky sex tape scandal? I guess Chuck's your man...

Actually, I was kinda hoping for him to explain with lots of rhetoric why it can't be considered kinky.

The ending of the episode got me wondering though - usually, I would think that Chuck had some sort of ulterior motive but this time, wasn't sure if his actions were genuinely helping a friend.

Blue Jam

Just watched S07E09. Gawd Mike Prince is a c**t. Looking forward to him getting another comeuppance immensely.

Also I have a major style crush on Wendy Rhoades. The hair, the make-up, the minimalist jewellery.

Mr_Simnock

Quote from: Blue Jam on October 07, 2023, 11:55:37 PMJust watched S07E09.

Is that the one with him dealing with Wags, Wendy Rhoades and finance C3P0 at the end? That was a great episode.

Blue Jam

Quote from: Mr_Simnock on October 08, 2023, 07:02:57 PMIs that the one with him dealing with Wags, Wendy Rhoades and finance C3P0 at the end? That was a great episode.

Yes, and yes it was. Looking forward to Mike Prince getting an almighty comeuppance now.

thr0b

Burned through the nine episodes so far this weekend. Man, it's such a good show.

Wags going into bat for Wendy is always good - his purest love.

And...it's Billions. Can we be absolutely sure Prince won't come out on top?

Blue Jam

Quote from: thr0b on October 08, 2023, 08:27:26 PMAnd...it's Billions. Can we be absolutely sure Prince won't come out on top?

Spoiler alert
Wasn't there a flashforward in S07E01 hinting that his Presidential bid wasn't a success, and that Wendy may have been the one who poleaxed it?
[close]

thr0b

Quote from: Blue Jam on October 08, 2023, 08:30:36 PM
Spoiler alert
Wasn't there a flashforward in S07E01 hinting that his Presidential bid isn't going to be a success?
[close]

Context is everything. We've been mislead before.

Ignatius_S

Rather late watching the last episode - loved it! And I finally twigged where I recognised Wendy's therapist from - The Morning Show!

Very much enjoyed Chuck Snr's intervention and tales of Depravity Island. I so much want a spin-off series with three of the characters (working title: Pop, Ira and the Doc).

Adored the scenes with Wags and Chuck. The speech about Wendy was beautifully delivered (natch) and really reflects their long-term friendship, which has been nicely emphasised this season.

With regards about where leaves us either the finale, historically, this point in the season has not been a great place to be on top as there's been some sort of reversal of fortunes by the end.

Also, I can't help feeling that Prince may be being played by Wendy. With checking out the company, would she really have gone to Rian? If she really wanted it to be checked out, I think Wendy would have asked someone that she has more of a history with. Plus, Kim seemed strangely confident in giving Rian a hard no when she approached him to make the pitch. In any case, I suspect by Wendy asking Rian she knew it would get to Prince.

Mr_Simnock

Forgot to mention me laughing when they did there own 'Bohemian Grove' bit, bean a while since I used read up on all that muck and it was good to now seeing it being shown as a bit of a has been.

thr0b

Wags clearly loves Wendy in a very siblingy way. She's probably the only woman he truly respects.

Anyway, episode 10 puts everyone in play. Clearly they're all going to fall in some way, but this was a great episode.

Mr_Simnock

Agree, another good one, this series has been absolute gold, one of the best TV shows I've ever seen.

Ignatius_S

Looks like Prince needs a new desk sign - or at least, edit the one he has.

thr0b

Episode 11 -

But anyway. Clearly Big twist incoming. That was great fun.

Blue Jam

Could have sworn this last series was 13 episodes but no, finale up now! Going in...

thr0b

That finale was fantastic stuff. Have to say, it ended exactly as it should. Some growth, some reverting to type (or accepting they at least would do so.)

Quite a surprising end to the Chuck/Wendy/Axe relationship triangle as well. I was firmly expecting it to go in completely the opposite direction.

Next up - a bunch of spin-offs, including Wags In Miami.

Which is not a joke.