Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 08:31:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Billions

Started by Blue Jam, August 27, 2022, 12:39:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr_Simnock

Yes that was fantastic, a great ending for once one I can't find fault with and really enjoyed. Taylor's 'no way' in the restaurant when confronted made me laugh out loud,one  of many times over the last 12 episodes.

Blue Jam

Yeah, bloody loved that, nice warm fuzzy ending and I'm just glad they didn't fuck it up. More Better Call Saul than Barry.

kitsofan34

Just finished watching the first series, which, as so many have remarked, is big, dumb fun.

Having just witnessed Chuck and Axe's big stand off at the end of the series 1, the immediate, obvious urge is to plow on and watch series 2. After all, it's a very bingable show. Sadly my neuroses about burning out on a show prohibit me from doing so.

It's an interesting show to watch since I know that there's seven series of this to come, most of which I believe focus on the Chuck vs Axe plot. The fact that this is on the showtime network doesn't help, the most notorious American channel for rinsing every ounce of juice from their shows possible. Going in fairly naively, it'll be intriguing to see how they manage to keep this story going in an interesting manner, or whether or not they'll fall into endless twists for the sake of it.

Anyway, a very fun first series. Stupid, really stupid, but fun.

Mr_Simnock

Quote from: kitsofan34 on November 02, 2023, 03:50:06 PMJust finished watching the first series, which, as so many have remarked, is big, dumb fun.

Having just witnessed Chuck and Axe's big stand off at the end of the series 1, the immediate, obvious urge is to plow on and watch series 2. After all, it's a very bingable show. Sadly my neuroses about burning out on a show prohibit me from doing so.

It's an interesting show to watch since I know that there's seven series of this to come, most of which I believe focus on the Chuck vs Axe plot. The fact that this is on the showtime network doesn't help, the most notorious American channel for rinsing every ounce of juice from their shows possible. Going in fairly naively, it'll be intriguing to see how they manage to keep this story going in an interesting manner, or whether or not they'll fall into endless twists for the sake of it.

Anyway, a very fun first series. Stupid, really stupid, but fun.

You have just 6 more seriese to come now. The show stays reasonably fresh till about 5, then I think it was time for a change which ensures that 6 and 7 are absolutely brilliant

kitsofan34

What's your favourite series/season, Simnock? Don't you dare say series 1!

thr0b

It's brilliant and twisty in all the right ways. Gets even better from season two, when they really start to flesh-out the supporting cast.

It never really gets too ridiculous either - sometimes it stretches credibility, but always in the service of a good story, and that's absolutely fine by me.