Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 11:06:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Doctor Who - Series 14: Tennant's extra / Ncuti stars

Started by Mister Six, November 24, 2022, 03:47:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mister Six

Well now that Chibnall has finally ridden off into the sunset - where he will hopefully be vapourised by its fiery glow, never to return - we might as well kick off a proper thread looking forward to the surprising comeback of David Tennant and the exciting debut of Ncuti Gatwa.

(Also, a petition for @Ambient Sheep to include "RTD back for Doctor Who" as part of the chronological list of "main threads about the new series" whenever he gets around to posting that in here.)

To kick things off, here are a few recently released promo images (which I admittedly put in the "RTD back" thread just before it hit 98 pages):

And this reminder of times past, not all of them good:

Mister Six

...I think my wife has those trousers that Jodie's wearing there, actually.

And so it doesn't get lost at the end of the last thread:

Quote from: daf on November 24, 2022, 03:37:04 PMHappy Doctor Who Boxing Day everyone!

Replies From View

Mister Six

Quote from: Replies From View on November 24, 2022, 03:57:13 PMI personally think it's the kind of script that a man with flexi-hair writes when they are doing what they think someone with hair would write

It's not that having hair is better, it's that he's not happy with his inner bald self and therefore can't write scripts that feel true

We're all bald under our hair.

GoblinAhFuckScary

it's like... i don't know, that outfit could work with a different coat. god i hate jodie's coat

no coincidence that the worst eras have the shittest coats

Jerzy Bondov

It should have Gatwa's head on it not Jodie, she's represented already by the coat.

The more I look at it the more confused I get. Are the boots Smith's? I guess the shirt is Capaldi? What bit is Pertwee?!

Alberon

Kelvin

Jerzy Bondov

Am I sexually defective for wanting to see Jodie in a nice puffy shirt and velvet jacket? Driving a weird car she's built herself?

Norton Canes

This actually happened. In an episode of Doctor Who. On television.

Norton Canes

Was this made by the same guy that did the awful DVD covers for Time-Flight and Arc of Infinity?

Midas

Quote from: Replies From View on November 24, 2022, 03:59:40 PMWhy is that Whittaker photo even there

It's because they're promoting a new dolly of her dressed like that

Alberon

More expression on the doll, but I haven't a clue who her friend is supposed to be.

daf

JamesTC

Blofelds Cat

Quote from: Jerzy Bondov on November 24, 2022, 04:04:48 PMIt should have Gatwa's head on it not Jodie, she's represented already by the coat.

The more I look at it the more confused I get. Are the boots Smith's? I guess the shirt is Capaldi? What bit is Pertwee?!

She`s wearing Pertwee`s thong...

Replies From View

Jodie's coat, Capaldi's shirt, Tennant's tie, T. Baker's scarf, Sylv's tank top, Davison's celery, Troughton's trousers. Can't place the boots, though. Eccleston's maybe?

Replies From View

Quote from: Alberon on November 24, 2022, 04:21:24 PM

More expression on the doll, but I haven't a clue who her friend is supposed to be.

Genuinely baffled.

I'm grateful he's not holding a sonic screwdriver, as I'd then be trying to work out which Doctor he's meant to represent.  So it's one of the Power of the Doctor companions?  Was there anyone wandering around in pyjamas and a leather dressing gown?

It's like they fed pictures of the Fourteenth Doctor into an AI and it misinterpreted his tall hair and gave the figure a massive forehead instead.

frajer

superthunderstingcar

Mister Six

Quote from: Huxleys Babkins on November 24, 2022, 04:40:17 PMJodie's coat, Capaldi's shirt, Tennant's tie, T. Baker's scarf, Sylv's tank top, Davison's celery, Troughton's trousers. Can't place the boots, though. Eccleston's maybe?

The boots are Smith's.

I reckon the combo looks quite good, actually, except for Sylvester's top, which is very unflattering.

Mister Six

Quote from: Replies From View on November 24, 2022, 04:41:19 PMGenuinely baffled.

I'm grateful he's not holding a sonic screwdriver, as I'd then be trying to work out which Doctor he's meant to represent.  So it's one of the Power of the Doctor companions?  Was there anyone wandering around in pyjamas and a leather dressing gown?

Hitchhiker's Guide crossover inbound?

Jerzy Bondov

Quote from: Jerzy Bondov on November 24, 2022, 05:06:42 PMthere it is, the worst post ever made

Wait a bit, I'm trying to shrink down a picture of the other Ian Watkins.

BritishHobo

Mister Six