Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 09:58:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length

HELLO

Started by Barry Admin, May 13, 2017, 03:05:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gradual Decline

Cheers, Neil.

Just want to add my thanks for all your work along with all the daft bastards who have recently returned from watching Alien: Covenant.

a peepee tipi

Thanks! I don't mean it, but everyone else is saying it! (Genuinely made my day and genuinely missed this place even as relatively short as the downtime was!)

Sydward Lartle

I'm glad the tags have vanished, especially as they were nowt but a platform for cackling opportunistic hyenas to slag certain posters off whilst rubbing their engorged glans through their pockets.

Blumf

I approve of this turn of events.

mothman

Thanks from me also. Shame about the karma but then it always was a rather odd conceit.

Bobby Treetops

Thank you Neil, I completely get why you'd fuck off all this palaver off....but it's good to be back. 

Again thanks you Neil.

Bobby Treetops

...and you still owe me 200 bitcoins

wosl

Very well done, Neil.  Great to see the place back.  Loss of karma good (because kittens had accrued far too much, for one thing); loss of tags sad, but the main thing is: the forum lives!

Mini

Great work Neil!

Now, I think someone was saying something about Derek...?

kittens

can't believe i'll never break 2000 karma now, devastating
still though, nice work neil making site go again.
was fun when we were all huddling in the facebook group wasn't it

Lost Oliver

THANK YOU NEIL.

Ian Drunken Smurf

Well done Barry/Neil. I remember it was a bugger getting up a site again with about 100k posts - I realise that was a drop in the ocean compared with CaB. Slightly sad that I never got a negative karma point, but glad the site is back.

Thomas

Neil, you have worked a wonder. Thank you.

We went outside and were some time, but we came back.

GMTV

Thanks! The Internet would be NOTHING without this place.

No tags now so I might try and make the odd post now and again.

Eight Taiwanese Teenagers

Quote from: Ian Drunken Smurf on May 14, 2017, 10:42:07 AM
Well done Barry/Neil. I remember it was a bugger getting up a site again with about 100k posts - I realise that was a drop in the ocean compared with CaB. Slightly sad that I never got a negative karma point, but glad the site is back.

-1 karma for vaingloriousness

asids

Good work Barry. When I went on to CAB and saw a blank page I was worried it might have been gone forever and my life wouldn't have been worth living. Now it is.

The main CAB page is still saying that we've been hacked and tells you to listen to Sleater-Kinney, so you might want to change that. I mean the Sleater-Kinney bit.

Consignia

I too must extend my thanks to Barry Admin for the spending the effort on getting this site back up and running. It's great site and I'd be lost without it.

For my own curiosity I've installed a local copy of Simple Machines Forums to have a look at it's security. <removed further details>

mobias

Cheers Neil for getting it back up and running. Much appreciated.

slapasoldier

Quote from: Sydward Lartle on May 14, 2017, 01:13:20 AM
I'm glad the tags have vanished, especially as they were nowt but a platform for cackling opportunistic hyenas to slag certain posters off whilst rubbing their engorged glans through their pockets.

I never saw any examples of that. What posters do you mean?

Consignia

<removed>

Uncle TechTip

Amazing scenes. Thanks man.

Barry Admin

Thanks again everyone, for your gratitude and continued support, and posting.

Consignia, interesting stuff and all, but I'm always conscious that there are some total malicious nutters who read this site, and I constantly worry about enabling them/giving them ideas...

Consignia

Quote from: Barry Admin on May 14, 2017, 03:35:42 PM
Consignia, interesting stuff and all, but I'm always conscious that there are some total malicious nutters who read this site, and I constantly worry about enabling them/giving them ideas...

Really sorry. I'll remove the content. It's just my natural curiosity getting the better of me.

Barry Admin

Ta, appreciate it!

BlodwynPig

Thank you Neil.

koeman

I'd like to add my thanks to the ever growing list.

Thursday

Sorry if I missed this being discussed, but are we just sticking with no karma/no tags or is the plan to re-implement them eventually? I'll miss them sometimes, but I quite like the idea of not having them, at least for a while.

Means I can't indulge the needy part of myself that wants to get good karma for my hilarious jokes.

Ta very much Neil. How do I make a paypal donation to show my appreciation? The links to do it seem to be missing.

im barry bethel

Quote from: Consignia on May 14, 2017, 03:37:40 PM
Really sorry. I'll remove the content. It's just my natural curiosity getting the better of me.

After reading it I couldn't work out if you're a tech genius or on a fantastic wind up

im barry bethel

Quote from: Nice Relaxing Poo on May 14, 2017, 05:49:58 PM
Ta very much Neil. How do I make a paypal donation to show my appreciation? The links to do it seem to be missing.

PayPal donations to imBarrybethel@hotmail.com or try

Quote from: Barry Admin on May 13, 2017, 05:11:19 PM
Yeah, thanks for offering. neilbombd@gmail.com if you PayPal. Thanks again.