Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 02:10:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Gallagher/Squire

Started by SteveDave, December 21, 2023, 01:24:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Video Game Fan 2000

Quote from: SteveDave on December 21, 2023, 01:24:45 PM"The Stone Roses but with a proper singer"

annoying to imagine the sort of people making this statement "this old band is great but one their main features, cock sure and amateurish swooning vocals, was bollocks and should be replaced"

Brown is a nob sure but the vocals on The Stone Roses and related singles are just terrific. it makes it. what the the fuck are people expecting, damo suzuki? flavor flav?

what's next, the Happy Mondays after the guitarist has a tune up?

Kankurette

The Happy Mondays with a non-bald singer and a Bez who can dance properly?

Mr Banlon

Dirty Harry, but played by Michael Elphick

Quote from: Video Game Fan 2000 on December 22, 2023, 01:08:00 PMannoying to imagine the sort of people making this statement "this old band is great but one their main features, cock sure and amateurish swooning vocals, was bollocks and should be replaced"

By some more cocksure and amateurish swooning vocals.

"Singing their number-two hit, born to runner up"

jobotic

Get flag man in from Sleaford Mods and this has got legs.

turnstyle

Quote from: non capisco on December 21, 2023, 09:41:14 PMI still think Beady Eye might be the funniest band name I've ever heard, fair play to him.

Looking through me beady eye, up at the skeeeeeeeeeeeeeyyyyyy

Am I right in thinking Liam chose that name so they'd be next to The Beatles in music shops. A fine plan, if you can forget that the Beastie Boys exist.

On that logic I fully expect them to name this collab Beat Les or some bollocks.

Video Game Fan 2000

Vitamin C

Liam on the call Squire made to him:

QuoteWhen rock n' roll calls you gotta pick up the phone.

No mate. Think I would send rock n' roll straight to voicemail personally. Maybe block caller and report spam?

Menu

But Liam can't sing anymore either. What is point?

LordMorgan

I really liked John squire solo album time changes and eveything
But those vocals of his, oh marone

Some decent songs on it tho

The roses and oasis will always have a special place in my heart ,  with oasis breaking out at the right time in my life when I was "getting into" music. 13/14
Roses were about to release second coming so naturally I went back and listened to them. So I was into them as a new thing at the same time as oasis etc

I'm hoping this will be a fun record with some nice songs
 Great guitar playing and I like liams voice. What can I say

DrGreggles

Jockice

Quote from: turnstyle on December 22, 2023, 09:22:13 PMAm I right in thinking Liam chose that name so they'd be next to The Beatles in music shops. A fine plan, if you can forget that the Beastie Boys exist.

I'd love to forget that the Beastie Boys exist.

The Mollusk

Christ can we please not have another fucking thread where we discuss the various apparent high points of either of these cunts' old bands? I'm serious. There's enough revisionist rock bore crap stagnating this forum as it is.

checkoutgirl

Quote from: LordMorgan on December 23, 2023, 07:00:45 AM13/14

I was probably 14 too. I got bored of Oasis a couple of months in after buying one CD single though. It surprises me that everyone else didn't get bored of them as well because they're not particularly interesting sonically.

They're the type of band that could be a stepping stone to something more fulfilling but if they're the main event for years then something has gone wrong.

LordMorgan

Quote from: checkoutgirl on December 23, 2023, 08:53:58 AMI was probably 14 too. I got bored of Oasis a couple of months in after buying one CD single though. It surprises me that everyone else didn't get bored of them as well because they're not particularly interesting sonically.

They're the type of band that could be a stepping stone to something more fulfilling but if they're the main event for years then something has gone wrong.

Wasn't so much a stepping stone , but an absolute blast off point for me.

Quote from: Vitamin C on December 22, 2023, 09:50:05 PMLiam on the call Squire made to him:

No mate. Think I would send rock n' roll straight to voicemail personally. Maybe block caller and report spam?

"Rock and roll? Sorry, you've got the wrong number, this is Self Respect"

greenman

Quote from: LordMorgan on December 23, 2023, 07:00:45 AMI really liked John squire solo album time changes and eveything
But those vocals of his, oh marone

Some decent songs on it tho

The roses and oasis will always have a special place in my heart ,  with oasis breaking out at the right time in my life when I was "getting into" music. 13/14
Roses were about to release second coming so naturally I went back and listened to them. So I was into them as a new thing at the same time as oasis etc

I'm hoping this will be a fun record with some nice songs
 Great guitar playing and I like liams voice. What can I say

He didnt sounds as bland on vocals as you might have expected I spose but "your uncle doing a bowie impression on boxing day" style was certainly unique.

I got the impression that Brown was behind the new music in the reformed Roses though so it would be a good few years since Squire has done much, his second solo album was pretty bland as well from memory.

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

I wonder which dreary old cunts they've roped in for bass and drums. Probably just members of Liam's backing band.

Indomitable Spirit

The Mollusk

Beastie Boys had more talent and creativity in Mike D's left bollock than all of these miserable sacks of shite combined

iamcoop

This'll be shit but The Beastie Boys were shit too.

Thanks then

Blue Jam

Is Bonehead going to be on this?

Indomitable Spirit

Twelve second snippet has dropped and if you were hoping for something in vein of Shed Seven covering Rain by The Beatles you're in luck!

Kankurette

Quote from: The Mollusk on December 23, 2023, 08:22:11 AMChrist can we please not have another fucking thread where we discuss the various apparent high points of either of these cunts' old bands? I'm serious. There's enough revisionist rock bore crap stagnating this forum as it is.
So what bands are we allowed to talk about? I don't know how to say this without coming across as a bitch but I don't even know who half of the bands you like are or what they sound like. And I haven't got the time or mental energy to sit and listen to all of them.

Most of the threads in here aren't about bands like Oasis.

Red82

I'm surprised there isn't an in depth thread on The Falls Peel Session boxset I must admit. I figure that it exists but has been and gone.

iamcoop

Loads of previous Fall threads pal.

I agree with Kanks. Tedious gatekeeping from the usual suspects again.

Kankurette

Bands/genres on the front page of Oscillations, besides these guys:
- Hard dance/electro
- Pogues
- Rolling Stones
- The Clientele
- Simple Minds
- Fugazi
- Daniel Johnston
- Mansun
- Iron Maiden
- Peter Gabriel
- Hardcore/rave
- KCi and JoJo
- Classical
- Denny Laine
- Voice Actor
- Rob Halford's solo stuff
- Sleaford Mods
- Wicker Man OST
- The O
- Belle & Sebastian
- Black metal
- Kiss

earl_sleek

Guys there's only so many threads and if we use them all up on lumpenindie we won't have any left for the free jazz Mongolian wanking soundtracks

iamcoop

Quote from: Red82 on December 23, 2023, 12:00:22 PMI'm surprised there isn't an in depth thread on The Falls Peel Session boxset I must admit. I figure that it exists but has been and gone.

Btw you should start this thread. Then I can piss people off by saying the 2003 Peel version of Mere Pseud Mag. Ed is way better than the version on Hex.