Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 08:11:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length

What's The Deal With.... Tattoos?

Started by Dead kate moss, July 09, 2012, 12:02:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Up above the streets and houses
0 (0%)
Bungle's Hairy Balls
0 (0%)
Between his hairy legs - if you saw them
0 (0%)
You must be very tall.
1 (11.1%)
Paint
0 (0%)
The
0 (0%)
Leon Britton having a shit
1 (11.1%)
World
1 (11.1%)
With
0 (0%)
Your
0 (0%)
Anus!
1 (11.1%)
Morgan Freeman doing his popular "Rape Dance"
5 (55.6%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Icehaven

Quote from: Replies From View on August 12, 2012, 02:48:20 PM
Can it be shared?

Well it could be, however I'm paranoid that he'd somehow be able to find it here somehow, so if you Google image search the artist, Angelique Houtkamp, you get a general idea, but it doesn't look half as good as most of those drawings (even though they're not great imho)

dozybugcarrot

Some years back i was living next to a tattoo studio that also doubled as the local supplier of coke and weed. It was very popular. A housemate of mine, lets call him John[nb]I don't remember his name, it may be John[/nb], decided to take advantage of the convenience of just wandering next door to get his  tattoo of a native american (to be frank, quite naff but nicely done) touched up. The tattoo was on his shoulder, so after a few lines of coke and a couple of spliffs with the owner, let's call him Bill, he lay down on the table and went into a happy daze while Bill buzzed away with the needle.
He became alarmed when he realised that Bill was giggling, so quickly stood up and looked in the mirror. It turned out Bill had got a bit carried away and rather than refilling in the lines of the tattoo he had started drawing in a bit of a background, some trees, clouds, and a moon with a smiley face. John was upset.

Replies From View

At least the sun was smiling.  He could have drawn one of those new-fangled "pissing" ones.

Saucer51

I really don't mean to sound icky and precious but I loathe tattoos. I don't have them, never will and can't understand anyone who finds them alluring or attractive. But seeing as I'm in a tiny minority, please understand that it means no disrespect to anyone. Someone with tattoos may heartily disapprove of my equally artificial make up and gel nails so hey-ho.

I know someone who has a 22 year old daughter covered in body art. An expanse of leopard print plus random objects such as a knickerbocker glory, a cat, a palm tree and a mobile 'phone. All down her arms with virtually no free space, down her back, even a huge anchor on her leg which will make her look like Biffa Bacon's mother if she ever puts on weight. But the diagram posted by Nuclear Optimism made me smile for its apparent truisms. Yet she's an extreme case. I guess in 40 or 50 years time it will be quite normal to see sweet old ladies with little red devils on their shoulders and my unadorned skin will single me out as somone who had a less than wild youth.

Johnny Townmouse

Quote from: Saucer51 on August 13, 2012, 02:16:38 PM
I guess in 40 or 50 years time it will be quite normal to see sweet old ladies with little red devils on their shoulders and my unadorned skin will single me out as somone who had a less than wild youth.

Perhaps it is the false-assumption that having a tattoo is somehow wild or rebellious that makes untattooed people feel so resentful and disproportionately annoyed by someone else's body preference. Apart from all the other aesthetic reasons of course.

Replies From View

Until a person's anus is thoroughly tattooed inside and out, I do not consider them to even have one tattoo.  The flesh of the anus must be completely blackened with ink, with no uninked flesh discernible at a magnification of x100.  Then they are welcome to say they have a tattoo.

Saucer51

Quote from: Johnny Townmouse on August 13, 2012, 04:42:41 PM
Perhaps it is the false-assumption that having a tattoo is somehow wild or rebellious that makes untattooed people feel so resentful and disproportionately annoyed by someone else's body preference. Apart from all the other aesthetic reasons of course.

Resentment isn't really feasible on something so easy to achieve for anyone. Resenting an athletes gold medal because you couldn't possibly run like the wind yourself is one thing, but to resent someone for having a tattoo when it's so easy to have one simply by visiting a tattoo parlour is quite different. Is a dislike of something always closet resentfulness in your world?

Johnny Townmouse

Quote from: Saucer51 on August 13, 2012, 05:14:09 PM
Is a dislike of something always closet resentfulness in your world?

No.

What a stupid thing to say.

Replies From View

Quote from: Johnny Townmouse on August 13, 2012, 05:21:23 PM
No.

What a stupid thing to say.

Alright then which colour is bigger than grey?

mook

gray. but that's americans for you.

Replies From View

Correct.  They are so fat that they can call a toilet a room.