Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 01:51:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The Road to 500,000 posts

Started by madhair60, August 09, 2012, 03:30:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yesitis

It's mostly a turnip/sexual favours based economy.

EDDIE : PAGE 7!!!

You're all a bunch of silly sausages, because although you can see how many posts have been made in General Bullshit, there will be no way of knowing who got post 500, 000.

Depressed Beyond Tables

Are you being a ballbag on purpose?

Depressed Beyond Tables

For anyone interested in this in the past 8 or so hours there have been approx 23 posts. We are 55 posts away now. Naturally, there should be a lot more per hour during UK daylight hours. Plus you have to factor in the inevitable surge of deliberately manipulative posts that should start happening coming up to the last 20 or so posts. A modest increase in posting rates means this whole debacle should easily wrap up before 8pm (between 7:20 and 7:50).

Fake edit: 54 now

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: Mr Eggs on August 10, 2012, 11:42:42 PM
Your stats are way of SMBH. We just need ONE NUTTER to do LOADS. I Nominate YOU.

My net connection died last night or I'd have been all over that shit.

We're down to 45 now. Or were a minute ago.

Edit: 44

Small Man Big Horse

And Pedro isn't online. Unless he's lurking, ready to pounce at the very last second. That or he has an alarm system rigged up for when we're down to 10. That is the sort of thing he'd do after all.

-4!

mook

course he has... in cahoots he is... CAHOOTS I TELLS YA.

Quote from: Small Man Big Horse on August 11, 2012, 01:33:46 PM
And Pedro isn't online. Unless he's lurking

I thought it's a woman. That's even weirder.

Depressed Beyond Tables

Mook, you seem to be blowing your load big time.

Consignia

I'd be relatively simple to write a script which monitors the current stats, and automatically posts when the time is hit. The only issue would be the frequency of checks could be an unintentional DoS attack and kill the board at the promised time.

Depressed Beyond Tables

Mook's gone full mental. This thing will be over before 3.

There are two types of people in this world: Those who care about post numbers and those who don't. Here's a picture of both types reacting to the approach of the GB half mil.

mook

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: Aki Kaurismäki on August 11, 2012, 01:38:41 PM
I thought it's a woman. That's even weirder.

She claims to be a woman, but many suspect her of being former poster PK Duck. It's a long and dull story, to be honest, and we'll probably never know the truth.

mook

Depressed Beyond Tables

Mook's going to Dundee in his bare feet.

Depressed Beyond Tables

I'd love to hang around and watch the shitfest countdown but I'm off. My money's on Pedro Bear, by the way. I just hope it's accompanied by a the usual image of a cartoon girl doing something arbitrary. In-jokes are really great from the outside.

You've all made the assumption that the statistics instantly update everytime somebody posts.

Which, now that I look at it, it does.

Small Man Big Horse

mook

might not though. check again, just to make sure.

Small Man Big Horse

Oh yeah, they do.

Edit: I'm definitely not just wasting time / posts here. Oh no no no.

mook

only a total nasty would say that you were.

Do I have to do all the heavy lifting then get pipped at the post?

I can see Pedro Bra hiding round the corner.