Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,585,782
  • Total Topics: 106,776
  • Online Today: 949
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 03:10:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Keith Chegwin opens up about crisp addiction.

Started by Glebe, August 15, 2012, 12:27:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Glebe

The late Cheggers, in a recent photo last week.

Hot on the heels of revelations concerning Jimmy Savile's biscuit fancy comes Children's Film Foundation star and wacky presenter Keith Chegwin's admission to crisp addiction. Chegwin opened up to Piers Morgan on an edition of the slimy scumbag's Life Stories show, due to be aired later this year. And CaB has an exclusive tell-all with the star, in which he opens up a particularly pungent bag of contents.

"I've tried to kick the habit since opening up on the recording of Life Stories," Cheggers tells us from his luxury Bootle slum, "but it's no use. I'm still putting away at least 100 packets of Monster Munch a day, usually washed down with a 2ltr of Tesco lemonade." The binges start early. "At around 9AM, you can usually find me munching away in front of the TV. I'll watch daytime favourites such as Waybaloo and Doctors, perhaps popping out to the corner shop if my stash is running low. Me mam goes crazy because of all the crumbs I leave on the couch!"

And things could be getting worse. "Recently, I've started on the serious stuff. Come evening time, I'm tucking into family bags of cheesy Wotsits, Cheetos, Meanies and anything from Walkers, although worchester sauce is favourite."

Sadly, Chegwin blames his habit on his ex-wife. "Maggie Philbin introduced me to Skips backstage during the recording of a Cheggers Plays Pop one day in 1984. I think that's where it stems from. I'll always regret sharing the prawn cocktail-flavoured snack with my ex-wife and former Tomorrow's World presenter."

Thankfully, Chegwin has recently decided to admit himself to London's Priory Hospital in an attempt to reform his ways. "I'll going to get myself together," he says in closing. "After all, crisp addiction isn't the worse thing in the world. It's better than waking up every other day in a urine-soaked bed like I used to do."

Piers Morgan's Life Stories: Keith Cheggers airs on Christmas Day in place of the Queen's Speech.