Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 05:36:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Margaret Thatcher is toast

Started by Santa's Boyfriend, August 16, 2012, 05:28:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dark Sky

Quote from: ZoyzaSorris on August 17, 2012, 11:17:27 PM
personally i dont think there is anything at all wrong with cheering on the death of someone who was so happy to ruin the lives of so many others in order to make a few rich people  much richer, including her own family, and anyone getting on their high horse about it is a fanny.

Now you've put it in perspective, cheering on the death of an elderly woman with Alzheimer's suddenly seems like a perfectly acceptable thing to do!

[YES I'm a New Page Fanny]

Santa's Boyfriend

Pinochet was pretty frail when he karked it too.  I'm sure the victims of his torture chambers thought it terrible for people to celebrate the death of an old man like him.

George Oscar Bluth II

I will celebrate the death of Blair with vigour. Cannot wait.

Jollity

I will not personally be celebrating Thatcher's death, as I was only eight when she left office, and I don't therefore think that it's my party to have. On the other hand, I am going to be utterly fascinated by the internet reactions of other people. IRL reactions might be fun too, but we all know the internet is madder.

biggytitbo

Quote from: ZoyzaSorris on August 17, 2012, 11:17:27 PM
personally i dont think there is anything at all wrong with cheering on the death of someone who was so happy to ruin the lives of so many others in order to make a few rich people  much richer, including her own family, and anyone getting on their high horse about it is a fanny.

That wasn't Thatchers politics though, she was always a very lower middle class provincial politician - all about preaching  hard work and aspiration to those on low and middle , a kind of snobbery yes, but of the Hyacinth Bucket kind. The consequence of her philosophy was the rich got rich and the poor got screwed, but she was never like a blairite figure who was comfortable with the 'filthy rich', she was much more...well conservative than that.

She was a really damaging and divisive figure, but it was never really about rich vs poor, it was about the poor vs the slightly less poor, because it was the latter that gave her all her power.

Dark Sky

Quote from: Santa's Boyfriend on August 18, 2012, 06:03:27 PM
Pinochet was pretty frail when he karked it too.  I'm sure the victims of his torture chambers thought it terrible for people to celebrate the death of an old man like him.

Fine, all the people tortured in Margaret Thatcher's torture chamber may emit one, "well, I guess she 'ad it comin'" when she dies.  Everyone else who was simply affected adversely by her policies may rejoice when she finally leaves Number 10 and is no longer Prime Minister.

ziggy starbucks

Even her own children will celebrate when she dies, they hate her more than anyone does. Just watch Carol's and Mark's faces at the state funeral, they'll struggle to hide their grins.

Only Iain Duncan Smith will be genuinely upset, and he's a bald cunt

Santa's Boyfriend

Quote from: Dark Sky on August 18, 2012, 10:02:09 PM
Fine, all the people tortured in Margaret Thatcher's torture chamber may emit one, "well, I guess she 'ad it comin'" when she dies.  Everyone else who was simply affected adversely by her policies may rejoice when she finally leaves Number 10 and is no longer Prime Minister.

Do I actually have to explain the point I was making?