Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 06:55:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length

John Major - Live at the London Palladium!

Started by Small Man Big Horse, August 20, 2012, 08:42:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Small Man Big Horse

Well, not quite, but he will be appearing at the Leicester Square Theatre on Wednesday 19th September, in England's beautiful capital city London. Yes, now you (and your loved ones) can fulfill the dreams of a lifetime by seeing him live rambling on about the history of the British Musical Hall  - here's the press blurb:

QuoteTo celebrate the publication of his new book, My Old Man: A Personal History of Music Hall, join former prime minister, John Major, as he uses his own unconventional family past to tell the richly colourful story of the British music hall. Sir John will share anecdotes of the great performers of the day, such as Marie Lloyd, Vesta Tilley and George Robey and conjure up a lost age of entertainment. There will be a question and answer session followed by a book signing.

The Q&A surely could become a disastrous affair, which is the only reason I'm tempted to attend. But do you have an urge to see this once great[nb]Um, according to someone, somewhere, maybe?[/nb]former prime minister? And what would you ask him, given the chance?

biggytitbo

If you go ask him what the fuck is going on with his top lip. And if his nob smells of curry obv.

Ginyard

Can you ask him to do a Rob Newman impersonation.

I'll go if Douglas Hurd's singing 'I'm Henery the Eighth'.

Blumf

Can you tell him about some cones I spotted on the M6 near Jct. 6, the hotline seems to be dead for some reason.

Uncle TechTip

Quote from: biggytitbo on August 20, 2012, 08:49:58 PM
If you go ask him what the fuck is going on with his top lip. And if his nob smells of curry obv.

Isn't it because he used to have a moustache, and the moustache somehow weighed his top lip down, and made it very thin? Look at Michael Wilson off GMTV and Sky News.

Major has a very monotonous voice I suppose but the history of his family is probably the most interesting of all those prime ministers.

biggytitbo

It looks more like a ghost tash, the eerie imprint of a tash long dead.

Jemble Fred

Yes, or like you'd been staring at a moustache-shaped lightbulb, etc...

He's doing that show here in Bath next month, and I am incredibly tempted to go along. Certainly not a night out I could ever have envisaged.

I would love to write a play about Major. If I was a playwright. It's not as boring as it sounds.

Not only should you go and see it, SMBH, but you should secretly record it too. I want to live in a world where people speak in hushed tones about getting "sorted out" with a copy of the John Major bootleg.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

A classic British oddity. Part Music Hall and cricket obsessive, part international banking and oil stooge.

Tokyo Sexwhale

For a Tory, John Major seemed like a decent enough bloke.  He also deserves credit for his part in the Northern Ireland Peace Process and creating the National Lottery which has Britain to win shit loads of medals.

Of course on the negative side, we had a number of economic crises, "back to basics" and he slept with Edwina Currie.

biggytitbo

I can't take the 'John Major is a actually a decent bloke' line.

He was chairman of the Carlyle group after all.

Tokyo Sexwhale

The Roofdog

I'd ask him which he enjoyed more: Little Tich's big shoes act or the massacre at Srebrenica.