Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 02:15:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length

mmmhh hhhsstt mmhhddd hmmmyt!

Started by biggytitbo, August 22, 2012, 09:29:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

biggytitbo

Quote from: gmoney on August 22, 2012, 12:40:00 PM
Your dentist must have added some cheeky charges as well then. A filling and extraction on the NHS should be £96. Unless you're not counting something else?
He let me use his toilet?

biggytitbo

Quote from: Zetetic on August 22, 2012, 12:23:48 PM
You're covered for rounds for 3 months at a time I think.Come back with those goalposts.

For most people who don't qualify, in most circumstances, it may as well be private unless you have atrocious dental health.

Treguard of Dunshelm

Quote from: Toast on August 22, 2012, 12:31:16 PM
Zhjnunun, abobql pna qrsrng zl EBG13 rapelcgvba nytbevguz.

Guvax ntnva, puhz.

gmoney

Quote from: biggytitbo on August 22, 2012, 12:50:05 PM
He let me use his toilet?

Maybe? Why did he charge you double what anyone else would pay?

Depressed Beyond Tables

Zetetic

Quote from: biggytitbo on August 22, 2012, 12:51:16 PM

For most people who don't qualify, in most circumstances, it may as well be private unless you have atrocious dental health.
No. No competition on price. Subsidised prices across the board (broadly, some by dental charges), although of course this matters more for some cases than others (which is almost the point of socializing the cost, right?). Notable distortion in pricing structure; for many subsequent treatment will not cost any more beyond examination.

I also note that the point you're making now is substantially different to the comparison with privatisation in secondary care.

biggytitbo

Quote from: Zetetic on August 22, 2012, 02:42:17 PM
No. No competition on price. Subsidised prices across the board (broadly, some by dental charges), although of course this matters more for some cases than others (which is almost the point of socializing the cost, right?). Notable distortion in pricing structure; for many subsequent treatment will not cost any more beyond examination.

I also note that the point you're making now is substantially different to the comparison with privatisation in secondary care.

Even if its subsidized, you're still paying for bog standard healthcare. If the same model was extended to the rest of the NHS people would be foaming at the mouth with rage, why is it OK because its teeth?

Zetetic

Yep. I'd broadly agree with you there. Makes less sense than prescription charges to me.

the midnight watch baboon

I have to to see an oral facial man in the hospital to have a weird filling done, which is free heh heh heh. They could nearly do it at the dentist for the £200odd fee but it's worser than that heh heh.

Jerzy Bondov

I went in my NHS dentist and a friendly woman looked in my mouth and said it was alright but I drink too much tea. Seventeen pounds and fifty pence.

My girlfriend went in her private dentist and a friendly man looked in her mouth and said it was alright but she drinks too much tea. FIFTY POUNDS.

edit: Right I've got the charges for both here now. If I need two crowns, it will cost me £209. Phew! That's a lot of money. If my girlfriend needs two crowns, it will cost her £1244!! Over a thousand pounds more! I'm going to go and have a word now, what a joke.