Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:00:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Who's Been Jabbed With The Vax?

Started by Dr Rock, January 09, 2021, 06:06:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ferris

Can't do m + 9 either, as I found out when talking about a beretta pistol in a film.

mothman

What happens if you do? And what happens if you type North Korea nowadays?

EDIT: not Bad Korea anymore, it seems.

mothman

Just booked my 12yo's appointment. Was expecting to have to jump through all the hoops to get her a GP one because autism, but she surprised us by volunteering to go to a vaccination centre, so UWE it is...

Chedney Honks

Could you get a shot every few months of a good one and become impervious, rather than relying on two bumps of the christ church clotter?

Would it save lives to give more than an annual booster?

Will the new drugs be OTC or only hospital treatment?

olliebean

Which animals are completely immune to Covid? Thinking about irradiating one and getting it to bite me.

buttgammon

Read something recently suggesting rabbits can get it, but I'm not sure if this means it's properly zoonotic or just that they harbour it in their fluffy fur and twitchy noses.

Steven88

I had the pfizer booster on Sunday, no side effects whatsoever apart from a little bit of a sore arm.

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

Is the soreness actually a side effect of the vaccine, or is it just from having a needle poked into the muscle? Would the same thing happen if you stabbed yourself with any sterile needle?

Fr.Bigley

Its a side effect, localised antibodies doing their thing innit.

JaDanketies

Surprised that it looks like there'll be a big push to get the booster. Originally I thought that it would probably be best for everyone if we got the third world double-vaxxed, since there's only a finite supply. But if they're gonna restrict the freedom of people who don't get triple-vaxxed, it's not a hill I'm going to die on.

kalowski

mothman

mothman

... and now youngest is too! OK it's a Friday late afternoon, but was struck by how quiet it was.

bgmnts

Got my booster tomorrow, can't wait.

bgmnts

Booster jab was Moderna, no headache because I pre-emptively took paracetamol as per advice but fair play my arm is sore as fuck and the jab spot is a tad swollen and itchy.

Is that normal?

olliebean

Quote from: bgmnts on February 04, 2022, 01:52:24 AMBooster jab was Moderna, no headache because I pre-emptively took paracetamol as per advice but fair play my arm is sore as fuck and the jab spot is a tad swollen and itchy.

Is that normal?

Pretty much. I didn't get swollen and itchy, but the arm was painful enough to keep me awake most of the first night, and too painful to sleep on that side for more than a week after.