Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 17,819
  • Latest: Jeth
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,578,495
  • Total Topics: 106,671
  • Online Today: 1,086
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 06:01:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length

12-15 year olds in the UK are getting the Jab

Started by Big Mclargehuge, September 13, 2021, 08:28:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Big Mclargehuge

So the governments just announced they'll be jabbing 12-15 year olds imminently in a move that should *hopefully* help stem transmission rates just in time for a winter thats set to feature a very likely spike in Flu cases and a potential spike in covid cases as early adopters of the vaccine begin to lose immunity. Kids will be offered the jab pending parental consent in the first instance, but if the child really wants the jab despite the parents wishes, assuming they have no underlying health conditions and they're deemed compitent enough to make the choice, their decision will override the parents.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/sep/13/uk-children-aged-12-to-15-to-be-offered-covid-jab

Personlly; Im absolutely in favour of this move. I think it's daft that they've left it this long and while Im a bit disheartened they're only offering a single jab at this point, I suppose some protection is better than nothing. what HAS genuinely astounded me today is the absolutely demented way antivax parents have handled this situation. I mean, I was expecting some demented comments to fly around but you've got people referring to Chris Whitty as "The Doctor of death" and the 21st centurys answer to "Joseph Mengele" Some are threatening to firebomb schools, pull their kids out indefinitely, go on general strike and theres even the startings of mass letter writing campaigns to schools to tell them they dont give consent to their kids being jabbed. they're even talking about punishing the kids if they choose to get vaccinated agains their parents wishes. like having their privacy removed. losing their phone until they're 18 or not having the internet anymore which just seems venemous.

the weirdest conversation I found whilst browsing twitter were a small group of parents attempting to organise some kind of mass antivax solidarity indoctrination. where they'd get all the kids round to one house and basically brainwash/drill into them that they're to refuse the vaccine under any circumstance, run away from school if they attempt to coerce them into having it and to always carry a voice recorder with them to record any and all conversations had between them and teachers/doctors so that parents have evidence of coercion...which...well if it gets them offline for a few hours  writing up transcripts im in favour of that last one.

Pinball

Great. Vaccinate all the little germ bags. They might not die from it, but those they infect is a different level of risk.

Running around supermarkets like the dangerous little vectors they are.

Ferris

Great news. I'm waiting to be able to vaccinate the nipper (he's 3 in feb) then I'm straight back to living a full-on plague life.

mothman

GoblinAhFuckScary

Quote12-15 year olds in the UK are getting the Jeb

Cloud

Even as it was, there were nutters outside of one of our local schools talking to the kids and telling them not to get the jab.  It's going to get interesting.

jobotic

there were White Cunt stickers on the signs at my daughter's infant school last week, the school took them off after I told them.

Pinball

Anti-vax nutters doing this should be prosecuted for child abuse, trespass on school property, illegal graffiti, and anything else the school authorities, council and police can think up. Most schools will have CCTV to catch these pricks with, I'm sure.

These people are as thick as pig shit and they are damaging childrens' and adults' lives. Wankers.

Kankurette

It scares me how many of these people are out there and how they're willing to put their kids at risk, or even punish their kids. Oddly, their desire for bodily autonomy doesn't extend to other people.

Fucking Us4Them are the absolute worst.

Try talking to my son outside of the school gates without my permission and see where it gets you. Do you like having an angry man loudly asking why you're trying to touch young boys in the earshot of the absolute worst reactionary parents? Because that's what'll fucking happen.

jobotic

Load of Tories debating it now are suddenly concerned about the mental health of children.

Don't suppose having far-right cunts screaming at you that your parents want to hurt you does much for their mental health either

Kankurette

Oh, so NOW they care about mental health after years of crap about resilience and snowflakes and cutting funding to mental health services. It took me TWO FUCKING YEARS to get a therapy appointment on the NHS and I had at least two suicide attempts and a lot of self-harming episodes during that time. I cannot express how angry I am about all this 'oh but what about mental health' crap. Where were these Tories before COVID?

And if I'd had some cunt screaming abuse at me outside the school gates I'd have had a panic attack, or ended up lashing out.

Fambo Number Mive

I've never seen any counter protesters for these anti-vax/anti-mask types but I presume most people would rather avoid being anywhere near a load of unmasked shouting people who don't believe covid is real.

It's interesting how blocking a road to call for more climate change measures is seen as worse by the media than standing outside a school shouting at children during a pandemic.

Cloud

For context:

https://www.nwemail.co.uk/news/19574642.anti-vaccine-protesters-labelled-weirdos-confronting-school-children-outside-furness-academy/

Not the best context as this particular paper writes a story and then writes another story based on the comments people made on the original story, this is the latter, I can't find the former as their website is shit.

Lots of zero-brainery in the comments (it'll either make you laugh or despair for humanity or just make your brain turn to mush, possibly all of the above)

There were also antivax protesters sat outside the playground in the park the week before

SpiderChrist

Quote from: Pinball on September 14, 2021, 10:48:40 AM
Anti-vax nutters doing this should be prosecuted for child abuse, trespass on school property, illegal graffiti, and anything else the school authorities, council and police can think up shot in the face and their corpses kicked all over town by hoodlums. Most schools will have CCTV to catch these pricks with, I'm sure.

These people are as thick as pig shit and they are damaging childrens' and adults' lives. Wankers.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

QuoteMore than 70% of under-50s hospitalised with Delta unjabbed - PHE
We've got a bit more now from Public Health England's statistics on the Delta variant. Some 12,407 people were admitted to hospital in England up to 12 September who were either confirmed or likely to have the Delta variant of Covid-19, PHE says.

Of this number, 6,230 were under the age of 50 and 6,167 were aged 50 or over.

Of the 6,230 under 50, 4,517 (73%) were unvaccinated, 848 (14%) had received one dose of vaccine and 721 (12%) had received both doses.

Of the 6,167 aged 50 or over, 1,786 (29%) were unvaccinated, 435 (7%) had received one dose of vaccine and 3,913 (63%) had received both doses.

From bbc coronolivetextravaganza

Johnboy

My 13 year old got his second jab last week here in Ireland

Ferris

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on September 17, 2021, 01:06:58 PM
From bbc coronolivetextravaganza

I'll crack out my laptop and do some rudimentary statistics on this later. Don't all shit yourselves with excitement at once.

Chedney Honks

Drygate will no doubt have some question marks about this  🤣🤣🤣

Drygate

I'm trying to think of some but still got brain fog from the dewormer.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

https://twitter.com/LawrenceGilder/status/1440701570325180421?s=19

Some fresh UK stats re age distribution of infection, illness, deaths etc

Shows an explosion of cases in school ages but shrinking in most other categories even incl 20-29.

2 people aged under 50 are recorded as dying from Covid related causes today.

The vaccines are working. We need young people to be given them, and older people to get boosters. This shows how the shortfall in fully vaccinated young people is providing an easy infection route.

https://twitter.com/LawrenceGilder/status/1440701581188481030?s=19

Fambo Number Mive

Fake consent letters have been sent to schools to try and discourage parents from letting their children get the jab. Some schools have sent out the fake letters.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-58713266