Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 02:32:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Johnson appears maskless at a hospital

Started by Fambo Number Mive, November 09, 2021, 10:53:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mothman

Quote from: Blinder Data on November 12, 2021, 01:46:26 PM
People are overthinking this. Johnson didn't put on a mask because the thought that he should literally didn't enter his head. They probably told him to and he said "oh yeah, of course" and instead thought about how fit the nurses looked and then whoops forgot to put on my mask oh well doesn't matter does it? Hurr hurr hurr
Needs more Latin.

olliebean

People are overthinking this. Johnson didn't put on a mask because the thought that he should literally didn't enter his head. They probably told him to and he said "oh yeah, of course" and instead thought about how fit the nurses looked and then whoops forgot to put on my mask oh well doesn't matter does it? Hurr hurr hurr

He did put on a mask though, because he was asked to. (Three times, AIUI.) Then he deliberately took it off to have photos taken, either because he didn't feel like wearing it or because he wanted to be seen not wearing it in the photos. Either way, it wasn't that it didn't occur to him to wear a mask: it was an active decision on his part to remove it.

Kankurette

I bet he did it because he knows people will say 'well the PM didn't wear one, why should I?'

Cuuuuuuunt.

Attila

People are overthinking this. Johnson didn't put on a mask because the thought that he should literally didn't enter his head. They probably told him to and he said "oh yeah, of course" and instead thought about how fit the nurses looked and then whoops forgot to put on my mask oh well doesn't matter does it? Heu heu heu

There you go, mothman.

mothman

I'd forgotten my earlier post, and panicked a bit, thinking, what are you bringing ME into this for?!

Jerzy Bondov

Boris Johnson looked disgusting–nipples protruding–in his white shirt in hospital. Very very disrespectful

Fambo Number Mive

Johnson appears to have been interviewed maskless at a vaccine clinic today. I imagine a lot of people attending the clinic would have been the over 50s or people at high risk getting their boosters.

Must be a lot of votes among White Rose types.

Fambo Number Mive

I note the clinic is in Newham, an area with a high number of ethnic minorities and a mainly Labour voting area. Johnson doesn't care how many Labour voters or people who are ethnic minorities die.

Fambo Number Mive

QuoteDavid Hughes from the PA news agency, asks about the prime minister being pictured not wearing a face covering on a hospital visit - and whether this sends the wrong message to the public.

Boris Johnson says he wears a mask "wherever the rules say I should" - and urges others to do the same.

A straightforward lie. People were told to wear a mask whereever they were in the hospital unless exempt - and Johnson, who is not exempt, posed with it off to appeal to his base.

Fambo Number Mive

And now he's been accused of being maskless (while not being exempt) at a theatre in Islington:

QuoteBoris Johnson once again flouted official requests to wear a mask as he watched a performance of Macbeth at a busy theatre in north London on Tuesday night, witnesses say.

The prime minister was in the audience to see the Shakespearean tragedy at the Almeida theatre in Islington, after a torrid few days in which backbench Tories have accused him of losing the plot.

Three fellow audience members said Johnson was not wearing a face covering during the performance, despite the theatre's requests for visitors to wear one at all times when not eating or drinking. He was photographed in the auditorium with a mask around his chin and again inside a public area of the theatre without a mask on at all, alongside someone believed to be a member of his family.

One audience member sitting near him in the auditorium said Johnson had "coughed and spluttered" during the performance without wearing a face covering and was "talking throughout" which had added to an impression of "arrogance".

Ticket-holders were emailed before the performance, saying: "Remember to wear a face covering at all times throughout the building unless you are exempt."...

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2021/nov/24/boris-johnson-accused-of-flouting-request-to-wear-mask-at-theatre

Hospital, train, theatre, next to Attenborough...

Milo

And now he's trying to get people to wear masks again...

Fambo Number Mive

Load of pricks on Twitter already saying they won't wear masks. On exchange between an anti-mask tweeter and a pro-common sense tweeter went as follows

anti-mask - produce evidence masks works
pro-mask/pro common sense - *tweets evidence
anti-mask - says he hasn't read the link tweeted as evidence, tweets a homophobic slur than that fucking "crying with laughter" emoji.

#DoNotComply trending on Twitter. People comparing bringing mandatory mask wearing back in in some settings to the Nazis. So many selfish people in England.

Why not require masks in schools again?

Fambo Number Mive

None of the media asked Johnson if he regretted being photographed maskless in a theatre and a hospital.

It's disgusting what an easy ride he gets from the British media.

mothman

He's one of them. And probably knows what they've been up to...