Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 08:48:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Comedy Tribute Acts

Started by Imperator Helvetica, March 18, 2024, 04:44:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pavlov`s Dog`s Dad`s Dead

Quote from: PlanktonSideburns on March 25, 2024, 11:07:41 AMMagine seeing two uncanny kays in a border dispute, trying to wrestle knives out of eachothers hands on an alley
Three of them in a field except you can't tell it's them under the pillow cases, trying to establish who's the grand dragon.

idunnosomename

Quote from: Shaky on March 19, 2024, 11:36:01 AMRemembering how opposed Zelda Williams has been to ghoulish recreations of her fathers work, I looked into this tosser and found this. "Astonishing" indeed:

some wikipedian callously decided yesterday he didnt deserve his wikpedia page hes had since 2011 because he "doesnt appear notable on his own"

https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Roger_Kabler&oldid=1191141462

Matthew Dawkins Jub Jub

idunnosomename

The Lurker

That Lee Lard fella has been doing the whole tribute act thing for years.

I've seen a clip of Simon Mark as Kay. In it, he did the routine word for word - so much so he says "what are you laughing at that for?" to the audience as Kay did, despite it being silent at the tribute act's gig.

Oh and....

The Lurker

Holy shit, you can hire the Peter Kay tribute act as an after dinner speaker for the bargain price of.... £750 to £1250

https://www.lmg-entertainments.co.uk/entertainer/lee-lard/

Glebe

Prolly been said before but that skinny Chubby tribute should be doing Syd Little instead, ffs.

Glebe

George White

Quote from: extraordinary walnuts on March 18, 2024, 05:32:55 PMBlimey

Thought his name was familiar. He has a  minor jobbing career in things for decades. Voices in Duckman and the Brave Little Toaster to the Rescue, was in the New Carol Burnett Show, bits in Clueless the series, Cybill, Tales from the Crypt, but then realised I know him from a strange little neo-noir called Alligator Eyes.

Quote from: letsgobrian on March 19, 2024, 11:59:13 AMIf you don't like the Robin Williams, then Legends of Comedy have many other tributes to choose from (or at least they did 10 years ago).

https://legendsofcomedy.com/cast/

I'm guessing this was compere Bill Kirchenbauer's idea, as in 2016 he opened a club "Uncle Crazies" where Kabler's Williams act was the attraction.

I liked Kirchenbauer's appearances in Fernwood2Night, but from watching youtube videos of his act on 80s TV performances, he was a mediocre road prop comic.

He had a recurring role on Mork & Mindy as Todd Norman "TNT" Taylor, so I guess he perceives some connection to Williams.
Kirchenbauer I know mainly from his bit part as Captain Geline in Airplane! where He was YOUNGER than I am now, then. Then again, played the dad in Catholic sitcom Just the Ten of Us, where he was only ten years older than his daughters (one of whom being Heather 'Elm St' Langenkamp in a school uniform).

beanheadmcginty

TheAssassin

Quote from: extraordinary walnuts on March 18, 2024, 05:32:55 PMBlimey

Someone posted on twitter that Robin Williams used to hire homeless people when he was making films - some of those homeless have an uncanny resemblance to him

https://x.com/fopminui/status/1772700752927985776?s=20

PlanktonSideburns

Mobius

i'm pretty sure the bottom right guy plays a homeless person in 30 rock called moonvest

idunnosomename

QuoteWell known catch phrases such as 'GARLIC BREAD' and CHEESE CAKE' obviously make an appearance during the show, as does 'Brian Potter' from 'Phoenix Nights' and 'Max' from 'Max and Paddy's Road to Nowhere'. Yes....complete with wheelchair and attitude, Lee brings the popular Brian Potter character to the stage where no-one escapes his sharp tongue and quick wit!!

Lee Lard is perfect for After Dinner, Presentaion Nights, Captains Day and Corporate Functions.

He has performed the length at breadth of the UK working with Hilton Hotels, The Belfry, Celtic Manor, Holiday Inns and Maddison Hotels to name but a few.

That is clearly every hotel Lee Lard has gigged at.

Also so many copy typos.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: dissolute ocelot on March 18, 2024, 05:28:19 PMWeird. I'd imagine you'd need permission from a comedian to do their material. Music performance has mechanical licensing so you can cover songs, venues pay fees, and everything's handled automatically. But that doesn't apply to plays (you need a licence/permission to perform a play that's in copyright), and I doubt it applies to stand-up or public readings of anything anyone else wrote.

It seems most of the comedians that get this treatment are telling jokes that are more "Trad. Arr." than original composition.

Fambo Number Mive

Stinky Lomax

Seems to be some golfing thing.