Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 02:50:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Toast of Tinseltown

Started by paruses, December 14, 2021, 01:40:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

paruses

Starts 4th Jan on BBC 2 if I've read this right.

Ffs - keep trying to copy a link from Beyond the Joke but phone won't cooperate.

Anyway - Ed's in it. Can't remember who Sue Pipkin is but that character is in it as is Tim Downie as not the Clemfandango one. The article explicitly says there is no word on if Clemfandango will appear but surely...

Hope its not shit. I rewatched a selection of episodes few months back and forgot how much I enjoy it.

Will post link as an edit if I can.

Larry David's in the first episode, apparently.

The Bumlord

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: paruses on December 14, 2021, 01:40:21 PMTim Downie as not the Clemfandango one

Danny Bear :-D

Thanks for the headsup. I'm looking forward to this.

Tony Tony Tony

Quote from: paruses on December 14, 2021, 01:40:21 PMStarts 4th Jan on BBC...

Will post link as an edit if I can.

Happy to help.

Here you go

The Channel 4 Toasts are all now on BBC i player but, seem to be missing the pre-credits Clem Fandango stuff...

BeardFaceMan

There's a Clem Fandango supercut video on YouTube, I think on Channel 4's, um, channel.

gotmilk

Quote from: Peacock Johnson on December 19, 2021, 03:33:07 PMThe Channel 4 Toasts are all now on BBC i player but, seem to be missing the pre-credits Clem Fandango stuff...

Watched a few from series 3 last night and all the pre-credits scenes were there.

Old Nehamkin

Quote from: Wayman C. McCreery on December 14, 2021, 05:06:12 PMLarry David's in the first episode, apparently.

Wow, that's a pretty big get, innit. LD guesting on someone else's show is a rare thing indeed.

Quote from: Old Nehamkin on December 19, 2021, 04:09:09 PMWow, that's a pretty big get, innit. LD guesting on someone else's show is a rare thing indeed.

Sadly I think it must be bollocks. The only source was an article on Chortle, which has disappeared. Beyond the Joke mentioned it as part of an article too, but that bit has now been removed.

So it's either nonsense that one website stole from another, or they broke an embargo.

Cuellar

Maybe it'll be like when Bob Mortimer turned up as 'Kevin Spacey'

Malcy

Trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6PZcg_7EmJ0

Unsure if it was on the original link when posted or not.

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: Malcy on December 21, 2021, 11:24:28 PMTrailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6PZcg_7EmJ0

Unsure if it was on the original link when posted or not.

Haha!

Yes!

Yess!

Yyyes!!

YES!

YESS!!

YYYYESSSS!!!!!!

Tony Tony Tony

Just giving this thread a bump as a reminder that it starts tonight on the beeb.

Rather hoping that it is dropped on iPlayer in its entirety after the first ep and that Clem Fandango makes it to Hollywood.

Pseudopath

Quote from: Tony Tony Tony on January 04, 2022, 06:46:39 PMRather hoping that it is dropped on iPlayer in its entirety after the first ep and that Clem Fandango makes it to Hollywood.

You got your wish on the iPlayer drop. Weirdly, all three series of Toast of London are up there too. 

Thought the first episode was a bit flat, but I've already laughed out loud three times in the first minute of Episode 2. Particularly at the:

Spoiler alert
Homer cameo
[close]
...so hopefully it picks up.

dr beat

Watched the first 2 eps and not sure what to make of it so far.  Really enjoyed 1st one, not just for *that* opening cameo, but other than that it felt like a standard ToL episode, no bad thing at all really. But then it felt quite ponderous, wondering if its suffering from being a few minutes longer to fit the standard BBC length rather than C4.

Virgo76

Quote from: Wayman C. McCreery on December 19, 2021, 04:44:38 PMSadly I think it must be bollocks. The only source was an article on Chortle, which has disappeared. Beyond the Joke mentioned it as part of an article too, but that bit has now been removed.

So it's either nonsense that one website stole from another, or they broke an embargo.

Er...

Enjoyed episode 1.
Not in the US yet so will have to see how that works. Will Ed, Jane etc still be in it? Presumably Jane will be on the phone.
Good to see the other vampire involved.
I wonder what new viewers would make of it? It is quite an odd show really.
No musical numbers so far anyway thank God. These were always a low point.
Are we supposed to know who the guy at the end of episode 1 is?

Tony Tony Tony

Quote from: Virgo76 on January 05, 2022, 06:05:35 AMAre we supposed to know who the guy at the end of episode 1 is?

That was my thoughts as well. It was definitely a signpost that he is likely to play a big(ish) part in upcoming episodes.

Enjoyed the first one a lot as it elicited a few belly laughs. Looking forward to binging the rest on iPlayer. That's my Friday night sorted.

Enjoyed Des Wigwam immensely, always good work from Kayan Novak, as well as the the Larry David cameo.

bigfatheart

Quote from: Virgo76 on January 05, 2022, 06:05:35 AMAre we supposed to know who the guy at the end of episode 1 is?

Having watched up to the third episode,
Spoiler alert
he's Toast's new roommate in America. No, we're not meant to know who he is yet, just an introduction of a new character.
[close]

ASFTSN

I know he's been ill, but it was a bit of a blow to see Harry Peacock seems to have forgotten how to do Ray Purchase's voice.

Milo

Quote from: ASFTSN on January 05, 2022, 07:26:08 PMI know he's been ill, but it was a bit of a blow to see Harry Peacock seems to have forgotten how to do Ray Purchase's voice.

Only initially, I feel, in his post-anger state.

Seen the first three so far today and it has been a tonic and a joy. An absolute treat.

superthunderstingcar

I'm trying to pace myself so I've only watched the first one so far, but thanks for the recommendation everybody.

Milo

It feels like a lovely holiday.

Captain Z

Quote from: Tony Tony Tony on January 05, 2022, 04:21:36 PMEnjoyed Des Wigwam immensely, always good work from Kayvan Novak

Yes, he was my favourite thing in E1 too. His "2 years ago" picture made me laugh the most, and was that one of Harry Enfield's scouser shellsuits from the BBC props dept?

jobotic

Really enjoyed the first one but I really hope Mrs Bloody Purchase isn't in it anymore

DigForVictory

Only seen episode 1 but it felt like it had never been away. In a good way though.

Usually when a sitcom returns after a long hiatus things feel off, the actors have forgotten how to play the characters and it all feels a bit forced. This just felt like a classic piece of Toast.

Malcy

This is brilliant. Watched the first one last night and plowing through the rest tonight.

Just stuck on episode 4 and the opening scene is great for this alone.

Spoiler alert
Larry David uttering the words - "Yes I can hear you Clem Fandango" is not something I thought I'd ever hear!
[close]

Really enjoying it. Opening scene of episode 2, the cast, the story, whole lot is just bloody brilliant so far.

Took me to ep 3 to realise
Spoiler alert
his American agent is Doon Mackichan. Can't believe I didn't see it at first and now it's so obvious.
[close]

His housemate reminds me of Tom Hanks.

The Guppy

Quote from: Malcy on January 05, 2022, 11:52:10 PMTook me to ep 3 to realise
She's clearly having the time of her life playing that character. Weirdly I didn't recognise
Spoiler alert
Rashida Jones until she started speaking English.
[close]

Malcy

Quote from: The Guppy on January 06, 2022, 12:16:32 AMShe's clearly having the time of her life playing that character. Weirdly I didn't recognise
Spoiler alert
Rashida Jones until she started speaking English.
[close]

Had to Google that one. No idea who it is.

The Guppy

She's one of those Americans they have nowadays.