Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 10:33:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length

A.I George Carlin "I'm glad I'm dead"

Started by Sonny_Jim, January 11, 2024, 01:56:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

idunnosomename

Thought the case against the script being AI generated was interesting. Wonder how that will factor into the case

Dudesy

Sonny_Jim

I would think that the Carlin family lawyers know this as it gives them a lot of power going into discovery.  Dudesy could be forced to show what (if any) material the AI was trained on.

IANAL but it seems to be pretty obvious that they are in the shit.  Can't really claim fair use or parody but it'll be interesting to see how this plays out.  I have a feeling it'll just quietly be settled though.

Edit:video has been made private

wrec

idunnosomename

Spokesperson for the podcast says the script was entirely written by the creators with no AI

https://www.nytimes.com/2024/01/26/arts/carlin-lawsuit-ai-podcast-copyright.html

Quote"It's a fictional podcast character created by two human beings, Will Sasso and Chad Kultgen," Del wrote in an email. "The YouTube video 'I'm Glad I'm Dead' was completely written by Chad Kultgen."

"Chad Kultgen" sounds like what people would call an AI chatbot

dissolute ocelot

Quote from: idunnosomename on January 28, 2024, 01:35:18 PM"Chad Kultgen" sounds like what people would call an AI chatbot
An excellent rule to live by is to never trust anybody called Chad.

Sonny_Jim

Oh it's a podcast character now, is it?  A fictional one at that?  And you say no Carlin material was used to generate an AI?

Let me go put on my surprised face.....

dissolute ocelot

It is quite impressive that some actual human being wrote an entire hour of that crap. Like if someone sat down and drew 10000 little turd emoticons. Although if you wanted to do a clever art project writing an interminable amount of bad material, there are many better targets to write a stupidly long anti-parody of, like Larry the Cable Guy or Le Petomane.

EDIT: Unless of course they thought it was good. Are they now saying it wasn't?

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: idunnosomename on January 28, 2024, 01:35:18 PMSpokesperson for the podcast says the script was entirely written by the creators with no AI

https://www.nytimes.com/2024/01/26/arts/carlin-lawsuit-ai-podcast-copyright.html

"Chad Kultgen" sounds like what people would call an AI chatbot

He has a wiki page: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chad_Kultgen

I can't say I'm surprised this was written by a human. I thought maybe the voice was done using AI (there were a couple of points where the emphasis on certain words was slightly out) but the bit at the end claims it's an impression.

Fwiw, I don't know Carlin's work well enough to know if it would fool his fans but I thought it was pretty good anyway. Maybe it's more that I agreed the fuck out of it but I did laugh here and there.

kalowski

All I know is chat gpt is shit at creativity, but seems good at coding.
Quote[Upbeat jingle playing]

NARRATOR: (cheerful tone)
Hey there, comedy connoisseurs and culture enthusiasts! Get ready to spice up your day with the hottest hub of hilarity – introducing Cookdandbombd.com!

[Sound effects: Sizzling and bomb explosion]

NARRATOR: (enthusiastic)
Cookdandbombd is not your average website; it's a side-splitting sanctuary where comedy and culture collide in the most unpredictable ways! Whether you're into stand-up, absurd humor, or just looking for a good laugh, this is your go-to destination.

[Background laughter]

NARRATOR: (playful)
What's on the menu, you ask? Well, how about a hearty serving of witty banter, a side of satirical discussions, and a dash of comedic chaos? Cookdandbombd serves it all, piping hot and ready to tickle your funny bone.

[Sound effects: Tickling]

NARRATOR: (energetic)
But wait, there's more! Dive into our cultural cauldron, where the latest trends and timeless classics collide. From movies that make you snort popcorn to music that'll have you dancing in stitches, we've got it all covered.

[Background music: Upbeat and catchy]

NARRATOR: (uproarious)
And don't worry, we promise our jokes are fully Cookdandbombd approved – no overcooked punchlines here! Our community of comedy enthusiasts ensures only the cream of the comedic crop makes it to your screen.

[Sound effects: Crowd cheering]

NARRATOR: (closing)
So, why settle for ordinary when you can spice up your screen time with Cookdandbombd? Visit us now at Cookdandbombd.com – where laughter meets culture, and the punchlines are always well done!

[Upbeat jingle fades out]

Pink Gregory

christ AI is so fucking boring isn't it

Tikwid

Sonny_Jim

Putting this onto this thread as it purely does not deserve it's own:

I think this may be the worst thing I've found on the internet.

dissolute ocelot

The lawsuit between Carlin's family and the creators of the fake Carlin has been settled, and the Dudesy people are not going to do anything involving any aspect of Carlin ever again. The special had already been taken down.

Sonny_Jim

Saw some prick on Twitter try and play this off as 'it's the best the Carlin estate could hope for because there was no case to answer, they hadn't done anything wrong'.  Morals of reanimating dead people aside, it seems pretty fucking obvious that it wasn't a parody or an 'impression'.