Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 01:14:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Trey Parker working on Borat movie?

Started by Hemorrhoid Shark, March 01, 2005, 12:02:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hemorrhoid Shark

http://www.spalliance.net/content.php?subaction=showcomments&id=1109201464&archive=&start_from=&ucat=38&

I'm very skeptical about this - I don't think some guy posting on a message board exactly counts as "evidence", even if he does claim to be a freind of Matt & Trey - but it's an interesting rumour nonetheless.

The possibilities for this are quite intruiging. The Ali G movie was dire, as the latter Ali G shows have been, but Borat is easily the best character Cohen has come up with so far. The Borat segments were just about the only funny parts of the recent Ali G in the USA series. If Trey Parker really is working on the script for this, then it could be fantastic.

It also raises another interesting question:  I wonder, if this rumour is true, if Trey knows that Cohen's celebrity send-ups were pioneered by another controversial British comedian?
Can you imagine a collaboration between Matt & Trey and Chris Morris? Just thinking of that makes me feel dizzy...

What do you guys recokn?

Santa's Boyfriend

I think your board name would be most appropriate if that happened.

ColinBradshaw

A Borat movie wouldn't work at all, it'll end up like the AliG film.

The only way it would work is if they used  the same concept as the TV stuff and stretched it out for 90 minutes.

Which would be good as I'm a fan of Borat.

TotalNightmare

Quote from: "ColinBradshaw"A Borat movie wouldn't work at all, it'll end up like the AliG film.

The only way it would work is if they used  the same concept as the TV stuff and stretched it out for 90 minutes.

Isn't this Borat movie a 'mockumentary' about him being in America and such. The original director back out of the project really recently when a live stunt for the film (Borat BADLY singing the national anthem at a red neck rodeo) went tits up. As a result, they were chased out and shot at.

Utter Shit

As long as plenty of Jews get thrown down wells in front of baying Texan crowds, I'll be happy.

ColinBradshaw

Quote from: "TotalNightmare"
Quote from: "ColinBradshaw"A Borat movie wouldn't work at all, it'll end up like the AliG film.

Isn't this Borat movie a 'mockumentary' about him being in America and such. The original director back out of the project really recently when a live stunt for the film (Borat BADLY singing the national anthem at a red neck rodeo) went tits up. As a result, they were chased out and shot at.

I think the national anthem singing was shown in the last series of Ali G in the USA.

Jemble Fred

I think he's repeating the idea for the movie – the story TN's referring to was on the news just the other day.

WINKY HOLE

Borat has to be one of our finest comedy exports. The yanks are well confused by it............ An English jew singing anti-semitic songs.............. LOVELY !! The yanks would be commiting career suicide by doing such a thing.

KEEP IT EDGY....... WANK RATCHETS

ColinBradshaw

Yes, you were right about thr rodeo thing. Just read about it here. http://www.webgeordie.co.uk/borat/news.htm
Dunno how I didn't hear about this with all coverage it got.

Nuts 'n Gum

Bump.

Just read on IMDB that the director of the movie is Larry Charles, of Seinfeld fame, and Peter Baynham is in the writing credits.
Could be interesting, although I am sceptical.

Quote from: "Hemorrhoid Shark"
It also raises another interesting question:  I wonder, if this rumour is true, if Trey knows that Cohen's celebrity send-ups were pioneered by another controversial British comedian?

I read an interview with one of them when team america came out and they declared brasseye to be their favourite programme of all time.

By the way, did everyone hate the ali g movie then? It was quite a giggle I thought.

Godzilla Bankrolls

The Ali G film was like a tawdry old British sex comedy, with a bit of cruddy US stoner flick humour chucked into the mix too. Not as bad as I expected, but it still managed to destroy any credibility Baron-Cohen had along with any chance of him ever gaining any ever again. Martin Freeman was the best thing about it, from the days when Martin Freeman used to appear in terrible things and thus appear to be the best thing in them.

Altogether now -

Julie
You know me love-a you truly
From me head down to me goolies
...You turn me on with your big babylons!