Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 08:58:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length

june loves janet, tonight

Started by Sluice, May 16, 2005, 08:05:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sluice

22.00 June Loves Janet jessica Stevenson & Julia Davis
 Julia and Jessica's collective CV reads like a guide to British comedy (Brasseye, Jam, Big Train, Marion and Geoff, Human Remains, Nighty Night Armstrong and Miller, Spaced, Shaun Of The Dead). For this exclusive
show Julia and Jessica present 60 minutes of comedic research - new stuff so fresh, it has bits in it.

resonance 104.4fm

Darrell

Holy Jesus, this is actually making me angry.

butnut

Emergency Lalla Ward Ten

They're astonishingly bad at improv aren't they? And their arrogance in persevering with it is really offensive. I wish they'd stop saying '...sort of...' all the time.

Still, it's on fortnightly, the day of transmission keeps changing, the show's been shrunken down from 90 minutes to 30 within the space of five programmes...you can't say Resonance have lost confidence in it.

Rats

I'm listening now, what's the matter with it? I've laughed at least 5 times in the last 10 minutes

Emergency Lalla Ward Ten

It's mainly the way Davis half-heartedly attempts 'surreal' bits, which Stevenson closes down every time. So you get exchanges like:

S: I went to the park the other day.
D: Did you rape a giraffe?
S: No, I...sort of...just walked around.

I was quite fond of the one-off Clear Spot they did - I thought 'Well, fair play to them for having a go'. But I hate the idea that they genuinely think they're good.

Rats

hmm, it's getting boring now, that last skit was shite, julia davis can't get a word in edgeways either.

Darrell

It's more the fact it is utterly and totally incomprehensible more than anything.

Not a single word is audible.

Clinton Morgan

Quote from: "alan strang"Cor - Zappa!

(Pricks up ears) Eh? Eh?

alan strang

Quote from: "Clinton Morgan"(Pricks up ears) Eh? Eh?

Don't get too excited - they just used a bit of 'Harry You're A Beast' in one of the cut-up station jingles. It was, thankfully, well after those two silly buggers had finished talking about their vaginas for "comic" "effect".

benthalo

It's certainly passed me by if this has been mentioned recently, but Resonance have been re-running the four hour-long editions on Thursday nights at 18:00. I'm guessing they're bleeped.

This doesn't seem to herald a new series.  28 July, 4 August, 11 August and 18 August are the only scheduled broadcasts, although Resonance listings tend to be updated sporadically.