Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 11:12:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length

8 and a half cats

Started by gigolo aunts aren't gentlemen, June 03, 2005, 09:44:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Emergency Lalla Ward Ten

There's something about the way 00s comedians sit around on shows like this, with their feet figuratively (if not literally) up on the table. That real look of 'will this do?' arrogance about them. We were talking about The Brain Drain on here the other day - not a great show by anyone's standards, but God it was ISIHAC compared to this.

Mr. Analytical

I caught some of Paul Kaye on this a few weeks ago and he literally had his feet up and would smirk with every office-grade comment he made.

To think I actually found that 'Perfect World' thing he was in quite funny.

A Passing Turk Slipper

Quote from: "Darrell"
Quote from: "A Passing Turk Slipper"Anyone see that? Someone said something about the bombing and Janet Street Porter had a go at them.

It was "bumming"...
Hah! Was it really? I didn't ear the actual joke, just something that sounded like bombing, then turned around to see JNS going off at him for making jokes about stuff he shouldn't be. What a fool I am though, and a needless bump.

Utter Shit

Quote from: "dumpster"What happened to Dave Spikey's Man Utd joke tonight?  It seemed to set up a situation where he's sat drinking whiskey with a footballer, then it obviously cut to someone else!
The gag wasn't really relevant to Manchester United, it was yet another incident where he levers a pre-prepared gag into the show, regardless of how relevant it is to the topic. It's an old joke - there is a car crash with the United player, and he's in the wrong. The United player is shaken up, so Spikey offers him a drink from the bottle of whiskey to calm him down. The player takes it, and offers him some back. He declines, noting that the police will be there in a minute. United player is arrested for causing an accident by being drunk at the wheel.

There was a bad atmosphere on this programme last night, seemed like 4 people looking for a fight, with Sean Lock and Dave Spikey mugging like lunatics in between them all. I still love Sean Lock though, he's a big cuddly bear.

Utter Shit

Quote from: "A Passing Turk Slipper"
Quote from: "Darrell"
Quote from: "A Passing Turk Slipper"Anyone see that? Someone said something about the bombing and Janet Street Porter had a go at them.

It was "bumming"...
Hah! Was it really? I didn't ear the actual joke, just something that sounded like bombing, then turned around to see JNS going off at him for making jokes about stuff he shouldn't be. What a fool I am though, and a needless bump.

I thought it was just because it was an Elton gag, isn't she friends with him?

Mister Cairo

Janet Street-Porter seems to suck all the comedy out of a room

Utter Shit

With those teeth, that must make a sound destined to appear on the next Aphex Twin single.