Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 07:43:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length

What's The Problem With Anne Robinson?

Started by The Mumbler, June 10, 2005, 01:53:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Emergency Lalla Ward Ten

Looks like Jonathan Ross has got his 'failure' show to name-check at the Comedy Awards, then.

It makes me angry that they wasted about  half a million quid making this series. Any one of us could have told them it was going to be awful.

The Mumbler

Putting Titanic on this Friday does seem a rather desperate and ratings-hungry measure to try and make people forget about BBC1's comedy zone.  Peter Fincham must have had What's The Problem? at least partly in mind when he talked of spreading comedy across the week recently.

Mister Cairo

QuoteEXCLUSIVE: ANNE 'AXED'

Got my hopes up for a minuite there

Ambient Sheep

Um, have they been taking into account the fact that it's opposite BB's eviction night?  Something that HIGNFY has never had to contend with.

The Mumbler

Well, that's not quite true.  The spring/summer series of HIGNFY has usually extended into June, and BB's launches have been late May since 2001.  Has Big Brother always run a half-hour eviction at 9pm?  

The trouble with the "ratings" argument, though, is that it renders sensible discussion of the show's conceptual and comic failings redundant.

Emergency Lalla Ward Ten

What are the Big Brother viewing figures like this series? I'm always surprised when I see it's still on.

Ambient Sheep

Quote from: "The Mumbler"Well, that's not quite true.  The spring/summer series of HIGNFY has usually extended into June, and BB's launches have been late May since 2001.
Well to be honest I did know that they overlapped by a couple of weeks...but HIGNFY has established a run by that time.  Besides which...

Quote from: "The Mumbler"Has Big Brother always run a half-hour eviction at 9pm?
Yes: 9pm - 9.30pm and 10pm - 10.30pm.  Which is another thing...HIGNFY has usually been on at 9.30pm - 10pm, i.e. between the two instalments.

Quote from: "Emergency Lalla Ward Ten"What are the Big Brother viewing figures like this series? I'm always surprised when I see it's still on.
http://chilled.cream.org/forums/viewtopic.php?p=292627#292627 :-)

The Mumbler

Fairly dos - plus HIGNFY gets a weekend repeat on BBC2.  But - y'know - Big Brother doesn't even necessarily help things on C4 either.  The last show in Johnny Vegas' series - which went out immediately after what was (so I hear) a terribly exciting eviction follow-up, got 500,000 viewers.

geeef

I kept getting emails telling me that tickets were (unexpectedly?) still available for  this show. Somehow I managed not to bother going to a recording though.

Ambient Sheep

Quote from: "The Mumbler"Big Brother doesn't even necessarily help things on C4 either.  The last show in Johnny Vegas' series - which went out immediately after what was (so I hear) a terribly exciting eviction follow-up, got 500,000 viewers.
Ouch!