Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 09:33:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length

"Lucas and Walliams: The Early Years"

Started by Emergency Lalla Ward Ten, July 15, 2005, 07:52:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Emergency Lalla Ward Ten

Tonight on the Paramount comedy channel, 11pm. 'Rare footage' is all the Radio Times says. God knows what it might be. Mash and Peas?

I'll report back, but hopefully someone with uploading skills will be able to circulate proper copies at some point...

JesusAndYourBush

It could be their appearance on "Dom & Kirk's Night O Plenty" where they trashed the studio.  This was in May'96. I do recall them having a tv show as well at this time, but I can't remember if the show was on Paramount or somewhere else. EDIT:Yeah, it was a Paramount show Mash & Peas.

Bean Is A Carrot

It could also be their Paramount Comedy sitcom parodies, which are mostly great.

Walliams did 'Gamesworld' around 1990/1 IIRC, and his bits were quite amusing too. D.C.I. Mike Hatter and Lesley being two of his more prominent characters.

Regular John

Quote from: "Garfield And Friends"Walliams did 'Gamesworld' around 1990/1 IIRC, and his bits were quite amusing too. D.C.I. Mike Hatter and Lesley being two of his more prominent characters.

Definitely, you could tell he was taking the piss out of Big Boy Barry!

Emergency Lalla Ward Ten

Well, it turned out to be a compilation of interviews from the old ITV series Funny Business circa 1996/97 (some of them on the set of Shooting Stars sketches), with new links from Iain Coyle.

It's a reminder how much weirder/sillier they used to be, anyway. Lucas did his gag about Michael Elphick playing a pantomime villain ('When he came out, the audience all went 'Booooooooooooooooooon'...').

Darrell

ColinBradshaw

Yes but Lucas had a few parts in The Smell Of Reeves And Mortimer.

One of which was an hilarious sketch with Ray Cox and Roy Evans(the councillors) shot on location in Adlington On Sea at a 'utility post'.

Lucas played the Mayor and was asked to demonstrate the shoe horn on the recently proposed utility post. It was too high up for the Mayor so Vic was trying to lift him to reach it, calling him a fat pig in the process. Bob objects to this and ends up fighting with Vic in a side-splitting fashion.

Probably one of my all time funniest Vic and Bob sketches. Highly recommended.

Godzilla Bankrolls

He also played the landlord of the pub stroke organ - and gets an unusually big cheer from the studio audeince -  as well as one of the Stott's sons ("You can see her eyes PEEEEEEEPIN' OUT!"). I'm sure he must have played a few more parts in that second series, but I'm at a loss.