Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 12:52:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Victor Lewis Smith does a DVD commentary

Started by Emergency Lalla Ward Ten, July 17, 2005, 08:40:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Emergency Lalla Ward Ten

...on that James Harries documentary that Keith Allen did a while back.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0007TKR48/qid=1121628985/sr=1-1/ref=sr_1_9_1/202-8741966-4500610

Thanks to Squidy for the tip-off.

I do love the idea of VLS and Allen chatting away out of character, but I hated the doc. So I'm in two minds, really.

Neil

Thanks for that, great news.  Will have to look for an audio rip of it because there's no way I'm saving up for that rubbish.  Shame Keith Allen is on the commentary too though.

Alberon

I liked the doc, though not enough to buy this, even for the commentary and 43 mins of extra scenes.

Yeah, the doc was biased from the start against the deeply weird family, though at least he didn't do a Bashir on them, you can't say Keith Allen didn't say what he thought to them. Maybe when the DVD turns up on Ebay for a couple of quid in six months time...

Alberon

Just done a little websearch on James Harries and discovered he was beaten up the other week outside the family home.

The Sun reported it under the sensitive headline Gender bender beaten up

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2005320418,00.html

There's a picture of Lauren's face covered in bruises so beware if you don't want to see that.

TJ

alan strang

Quote from: "Alberon"Just done a little websearch on James Harries and discovered he was beaten up the other week outside the family home.

Christ. I don't understand why they stick around. Why don't the family up sticks entirely and move to London? There's certainly nothing left for them in Cardiff.

According to that shite C4 doc about the "Curse" of "Child" "Stars" the other day, the Harries family have devised a reality TV show around themselves - but no-one's actually picked it up yet. This probably explains why they're happy to allow the VLS doc - which was just nasty - to be released. Potential advance publicity, etc. Having said that, you can sort of imagine Associated Rediffusion taking the joke to extremes and actually producing a Harries reality show.

How come there's no commentary from any of the family on the DVD though?

Clinton Morgan

Quote from: "Alberon"The Sun reported it under the sensitive headline Gender bender beaten up.

Cunts.