Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 12:45:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Fact Hunt

Started by geeef, July 18, 2005, 03:10:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

geeef

Any 'whores have any info on this new Al Murray ITV1 series? I guess it must be lined up for the autumn schedule at some point, but what it actually is I have no idea. All I know is that the Go-Home productions guy, who did the Sex Pistols/Madonna mash-up single, has done the theme music.

Alberon

It's a quiz show, done in a pub quiz style setting apparently.

I know that sounds really unpromising, but Al Murray is at his best when ripping into the general public. One of the best bits of going to see Time Gentlemen Please recorded (where Fact Hunt comes from) was for the bits between the takes where Al would generally on top form.

Lee

Quote from: "geeef"All I know is that the Go-Home productions guy, who did the Sex Pistols/Madonna mash-up single, has done the theme music.
Heh heh, the curse of Avalon is in full swing here, it would seem.

Jemble Fred

I always thought Al Murray was at his best when standing next to Harry Hill in a curly wig. But never mind.

EDIT: Erm, he is pretty good anyway, BTW. It's just that he'll always be Big Alan to me...

Labian Quest

I like the name of the show anyway, that should keep the continuity announcers on their toes.

Godzilla Bankrolls

Can we expect lots of jokes seemingly created to amuse Garry Bushell and his former readership?

bomb_dog

{BUZZ!}   "If its too hard, I can't understand it!"

Harfyyn Teuport

"If the world is round, then what's the point of ironing?"

I adore Alan Hill. Al Murray Pub Landlord I've not seen much of. The live show of his I did see - in parts - seemed shambolic and shouty and I'll admit to not having seen the TV series, how was it?

DJ One Record

It was like a museum of rejected catchphrases from other shows.