Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 10:39:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length

What's your earliest comedy memory?

Started by Emergency Lalla Ward Ten, July 27, 2005, 11:04:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gazzyk1ns

It would have been the 1987 one then - the "21 years..." thing does indeed ring a bell. Cheers for that, it would have been useless asking my parents, they'd have made a "What's a television again?"-style face if confronted with a question like that.

ProvanFan

Vic Reeves Big Night Out

"You wouldn't let it lie", "you lying git" and later "hmmmm" were all popular in my family.

Around the same time I remember my big sister getting pissed off at me as we watched Cheers because I'd laugh at everything and she knew I was just pretending to understand it.

PC Savage

Sidney Tafler in a smart suit standing in a nice modern kitchen (Venetian blinds included) talking to someone down a trim phone. Presumably, whatever he was saying was quite funny. I can't remember.

Alexander The Greater, 197... ?

I'm still waiting for the second series.

You don't know what the fuck I'm talking about, do you?

strangeloop

I can't remember mine but I can remember the first time I was sure my eldest son laughed at  comedy.

I'm pretty sure he was only 2. We were watching the episode of the Simpsons where they get a female Greyhound and there is a huge litter of puppies. There is a scene where Homer is trying to eat a packet of 'chips' and every time he raises one to his mouth a puppy jumps  across the screen and grabs it.

These days I habitually record the Simpsons onto my Sky+ box and delete most episodes I have seen more than a few times without watching them. This episode is one of the few exceptions because of that laugh.

Sorry for the soppy post...