Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 07:42:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Nathan Barley ringtone

Started by aboutlastnight, August 06, 2005, 11:02:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Is there any way of getting hold of the 'really annoying ringtone?' Like on mp3 format?

Shade

I've seen it on a few bit torrent sites. I won't say where though.

imitationleather

Is that because you're not allowed to link to torrent sites on here or because you don't want another funny cunt walking around with an hil-air-ious ringtone to make up for their lack of a sense of humour?

Heh, I'm angry in the morning!

Jim Jarmusch

I'm sure it's already been posted on here as a .wav file.

Wasnt it just a voice saying "really annoying ringtone"? There was no music or anything was there? If you want it just record yourself saying it!

No there's like a car alarm sound in the background... I know it's a strange request on my part, but it's the perfect way to take the piss out of Chavs who do have annoying ringtones - and there's a lot of them. I see it as ironic to have this as a tone.

Normally I don't use a ringtone - mainly my phone is on discreet. If I do have it on 'Loud' though, I have the RoboCop theme (in mp3 format) as a tone!! Altogether a more classy option I think.

Quote from: "aboutlastnight"it's the perfect way to take the piss out of Chavs who do have annoying ringtones - and there's a lot of them. I see it as ironic to have this as a tone.

Ho ho ho, taking the piss out of... get this... CHAVS! Yes, that would be so very funny wouldn't it? Hilarious.

Chill-out Father Christmas - it's not that funny.

chand

Quote from: "aboutlastnight"No there's like a car alarm sound in the background... I know it's a strange request on my part, but it's the perfect way to take the piss out of Chavs who do have annoying ringtones - and there's a lot of them. I see it as ironic to have this as a tone.

Yeah, but the joke in NB is about how stupid it is to ironically have an annoying ringtone, isn't it? Ringtones are actually being marketed as annoying now, and people lap up (and pay for) deliberately annoying ringtones knowing that they're annoying.

True, but perhaps it can be interpreted in different ways. Is Nathan aware he has a shite ringtone, and is using it ironically? Or is he just stupid enough to have one?

Anyway, I see it as there are lots of idiots around where I live and on the train who have ridiculous ringtones - and in no way do they strike me as being ironic. I just want to have the annoying one, just to be annoying myself - but also at the same time make it obvious I use it to take the piss.

Anyway all this is besides the point, I didn't come here seeking approval, or providing amateur comedians with a chance to prove their worth. Just wondered if anyone knew where it is. Jesus.

Identity Crisis Ahoy!

I have a moo-ing cow as my ring tone.

mikeyg27

I have a ringing noise for my ring tone.

Morgan

Quote from: "aboutlastnight"No there's like a car alarm sound in the background... I know it's a strange request on my part, but it's the perfect way to take the piss out of Chavs who do have annoying ringtones - and there's a lot of them. I see it as ironic to have this as a tone.

Oh you pleb, do fuck off.

Slackboy

Your phone's probably got a sound recorder on it so why not splice and dice it yourself?

Peace and Fucking Mate!

Quote from: "Pseudopath"Sigh...if you must

Nice one Pseudopath!! Cheers.

A Passing Turk Slipper

I'm so happy you've managed to find it. Oh, and thanks for sharing your quest with us, it's really contributed to this message board as a whole.

Purple Tentacle

I imagine some people are going to get annoyed now!!!!

Quote from: "Purple Tentacle"I imagine some people are going to get annoyed now!!!!

Seems most people on here are annoyed already, even before I got the tone.

Slackboy

Some people are always annoyed now.

Edit: What he just said.

Well, for the record, I didn't set out to piss anyone off, I just wondered if anyone could help. I can see how asking for a ringtone can be construed as offensive, and some people may have found it upsetting.

Slackboy

I think it's a tribal thing.

alan strang

R. Sparts

...and I don't like your ring

Slackboy

Custard

Chers penis

Quoteknow it's a strange request on my part, but it's the perfect way to take the piss out of Chavs who do have annoying ringtones - and there's a lot of them. I see it as ironic to have this as a tone.
Can't you think of something more constructive to do? If this is you're motivation then I'm afraid it makes you rather sad.

Morrisfan82

Posting posting posting, onward!, the relentless march of the thread, must go on and on and on...