Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 10:47:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Nathan Barley ringtone

Started by aboutlastnight, August 06, 2005, 11:02:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: "Chers penis"
Quoteknow it's a strange request on my part, but it's the perfect way to take the piss out of Chavs who do have annoying ringtones - and there's a lot of them. I see it as ironic to have this as a tone.
Can't you think of something more constructive to do? If this is you're motivation then I'm afraid it makes you rather sad.

Yeah, clear off and find the cure for ear-wart you loser.

Quote from: "Chers penis"Can't you think of something more constructive to do?

I thought this thread died a few days ago.

If I could think of something more constructive, I wouldn't be doing this would I? So obviously I can't.

I know it was an upsetting and traumatic experience for all you intellectuals that I requested a ringtone, but you really have got to try and move on.
God-knows why people had to be so aggressive about something so fucking trivial.

slim

Quote from: "aboutlastnight"God-knows why people had to be so aggressive about something so fucking trivial.
It's the weather - it makes people grumpy.

I'm sure everything will be lovely again soon, have no fear.

alan strang

Aye, c'mon, we're only messin, mun.

Quote from: "aboutlastnight"
I know it was an upsetting and traumatic experience for all you intellectuals that I requested a ringtone...
God-knows why people had to be so aggressive about something so fucking trivial.

I like you.

Custard

I like his ringtone. People say it's annoying, but i don't think so.

I hate all ringtones.  unless they sound like an actual phone.

Clerk

Quess its best not to say that my ring tone of choice is the noise the presidents phone makes in `in like flint`

R. Sparts

One of my ringtones is a sample of a genuine 1947 GPO bakelite phone :D

InfiniteFury

Quote from: "R. Sparts"One of my ringtones is a sample of a genuine 1947 GPO bakelite phone :D

When did you get evicted? I missed that episode :-)

Quote from: "The Man With Brass Eyes"I like you.

You're either a lying git, or a group of one. Everyone else seems to think I'm a cunt.

In my defence I never set out to offend anyone, unlike the 'community' spirit I received from the board users.
Personally if I didn't agree with someone's opinion or ideas, I would debate politely or ignore them! Not call them names such as plebs or tell them to fuck-off.
Maybe I'd rip into them if they were spouting controversial anti-Western views or advocating rape or something, but I wouldn't abuse them if they were naive enough to want a Nathan Barley ringtone. That's just silly.

Godzilla Bankrolls

But you ARE Nathan Brailley! Excellent.

Hee hee well even if I am a Nathan Barley, it doesn't mean people have to be so unneccesarily aggressive.

A Passing Turk Slipper

I think you're mising the point of why people are angry though. This is a comedy discussion board, you starting a completely new thread so you can ask someone to give you an mp3 of something doesn't constitute as comedy discussion and it's not really doing anything for anyone apart from yourself. Let's just let this thread die.

Slackboy

Quote from: "A Passing Turk Slipper"I think you're mising the point of why people are angry though. This is a comedy discussion board, you starting a completely new thread so you can ask someone to give you an mp3 of something doesn't constitute as comedy discussion and it's not really doing anything for anyone apart from yourself. Let's just let this thread die.
I'm going to gamble here and not check but I'm pretty sure no-one said this earlier on. Would've made life easier if they did though. And I don't think the argument you've put forwards is valid anyway, this is called Comedy Chat not Comedy Discussion.

Paul Dee

It is a discussion forum though, ultimately.

Otherwise we'd be having tedious chats about which comedian has the best hair, nicest arse etc

Godzilla Bankrolls

Also:

QuoteThis forum is for discussing comedy so please do not post threads asking for mp3s, avis, bit torrents etc.

from the forum index.

There that's better. Why couldn't it have been this civil earlier, eh?

Didn't strike me that people were aggressive because of the fact I was requesting an mp3 (which is as you say naughty in respect of the rules).
It appeared I got flamed after I justified myself as to why I wanted it. It caused so much grief to the little lambs.
If you don't like the way someone goes about things, I really don't like the manner of just hurling abuse.
Supposed to be a community after all, I just thought people could be a bit nicer.
It's all too easy to slag someone off from behind your computer, but also pointless at the same time. I'm sure if it was someone 'in real life' saying the same thing to you, you wouldn't dare call them a pleb to their face. But then I suppose that's a different discussion altogether.

Not only that, but I haven't heard someone say pleb since the 90's. Get some less outdated profanities, you rotter.

Morgan

I was using the word 'ironically' to 'take the piss out of chavs'.

slim

AAARGH! You! Stop antagonising! You lot! Stop retorting! You kids! Say you're sorry.

<bangs heads together>

Come on chaps.

Utter Shit

There is a lot of petulance on here. Cuntfarms, one and all.

Quote from: "aboutlastnight"You're either a lying git, or a group of one.

I'm always a group of one.

Quote from: "aboutlastnight"In my defence I never set out to offend anyone, unlike the 'community' spirit I received from the board users.
Not call them names such as plebs or tell them to fuck-off.

Ok ok. don't go on about it....

Quote from: "aboutlastnight"Maybe I'd rip into them if they were spouting controversial anti-Western views or advocating rape or something

Asking for MP3 of Nathan Barley is practically the same thing on these boards.
It's like going onto Martial Arts Planet and posting a link to UltimateNinjaPower.

Quote from: "aboutlastnight"Didn't strike me that people were aggressive because of the fact I was requesting an mp3... It appeared I got flamed after I justified myself as to why I wanted it. It caused so much grief to the little lambs.
If you don't like the way someone goes about things, I really don't like the manner of just hurling abuse.

yeah ok... no need to go on about it.....

Quote from: "aboutlastnight"...Supposed to be a community after all, I just thought people could be a bit nicer.
It's all too easy to slag someone off from behind your computer, but also pointless at the same time. I'm sure if it was someone 'in real life' saying the same thing to you, you wouldn't dare call them a pleb to their face. But then I suppose that's a different discussion altogether.