Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

July 12, 2024, 05:34:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Will Chris ever make a movie again?

Started by benjamin.reichman, March 12, 2023, 04:33:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Pretty sure I didn't know about 'The Day Shall Come' until it was in post-production, so maybe he's working on something now? But 9 years between '4 Lions' and 'The Day Shall Come'...damn.

MoreauVasz

I wonder how he supports himself... I assume he does production or script-doctoring or stuff that keeps him active without being in the public eye but one project a decade?

Glebe

It actually seems like he's semi-retired now. But I imagine he's working on something...

AzureSky

Michael Cumming said at the Oxide Ghosts tour in 2022 that he was doing something about 'the internet' didn't he?

Fabian Thomsett

Quote from: MoreauVasz on March 12, 2023, 08:13:35 AMI wonder how he supports himself... I assume he does production or script-doctoring or stuff that keeps him active without being in the public eye but one project a decade?

Sponges off his wife innit.

Spiteface

Quote from: Dineen on March 12, 2023, 06:43:40 PMMichael Cumming said at the Oxide Ghosts tour in 2022 that he was doing something about 'the internet' didn't he?

He's bringing back Smokehammer?

Captain Z

Quote from: Dineen on March 12, 2023, 06:43:40 PMMichael Cumming said at the Oxide Ghosts tour in 2022 that he was doing something about 'the internet' didn't he?

Still just in the research stages. Aiming for production to begin in 2035.


curiousoranges

Enough of his past work is on streaming platforms, for him to live a comfortable ife without working. Maybe more modest than comfortable.

BlodwynPig

He's doing a collab with David Lynch to be released after we're all dead

Thomas

Quote from: MoreauVasz on March 12, 2023, 08:13:35 AMI wonder how he supports himself... I assume he does production or script-doctoring or stuff that keeps him active without being in the public eye but one project a decade?

Sells Brass Eye t-shirts on RedBubble.

Quote from: Dineen on March 12, 2023, 06:43:40 PMMichael Cumming said at the Oxide Ghosts tour in 2022 that he was doing something about 'the internet' didn't he?

I spoke to Stewie Lee after a show last August. We had a brief exchange about his Unreliable Narrator doc for Radio 4, in which Morris appeared, talking about algorithms and how they can mutate worldviews. Stew said that Morris was currently working on something in that vein. He's obviously interested in misinformation and radicalisation.

Memorex MP3

I'd prefer to see him do something other than a film, the sheer amount of work involved relative to how much the format suits his talents isn't worth it.

GoblinAhFuckScary

Quote from: Memorex MP3 on March 14, 2023, 05:19:39 PMI'd prefer to see him do something other than a film, the sheer amount of work involved relative to how much the format suits his talents isn't worth it.

agreed i really don't think he excels as a director. needs less restriction, a little more anarchy baby


Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: Thomas on March 14, 2023, 01:36:50 PMSells Brass Eye t-shirts on RedBubble.

I spoke to Stewie Lee after a show last August. We had a brief exchange about his Unreliable Narrator doc for Radio 4, in which Morris appeared, talking about algorithms and how they can mutate worldviews. Stew said that Morris was currently working on something in that vein. He's obviously interested in misinformation and radicalisation.

I thought I'd do a quick search to see if I could find out anything more and this is on the PBJ management site:

QuoteHis most recent feature film The Day Shall Come satirized the wanton injustice of FBI sting operations and he is currently working on projects about the Anglo American Coup in Iran in 1953 and the snake oil of dataism and AI.

AzureSky

Quote from: Small Man Big Horse on March 14, 2023, 08:34:59 PMI thought I'd do a quick search to see if I could find out anything more and this is on the PBJ management site:


Nice! He has definitely mentioned an interest in the Iran coup before... Although PBJ also say that Chris did No Known Cure & 'The Chris Morris Show' when he was 7:

https://www.pbjmanagement.co.uk/artists/chris-morris/credits

Quote from: Dineen on March 14, 2023, 08:59:29 PMhttps://www.pbjmanagement.co.uk/artists/chris-morris/credits

Anybody know anything about the Edinburgh Fringe show at the top of that page?

QuoteLive
Two Sour Gays Edinburgh 2022
Co-Creator & Co Writer
2022Edinburgh Fringe

AzureSky

Quote from: Astronaut Omens on March 17, 2023, 12:16:02 PMAnybody know anything about the Edinburgh Fringe show at the top of that page?


I am positive that wasn't there when I posted my stupid comment about the dates being wrong, I would have noticed that. Googling it does say it was a genuine show by Chris Hall and Mark Bittlestone. Surely it's another mistake?

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: Dineen on March 17, 2023, 08:03:47 PMI am positive that wasn't there when I posted my stupid comment about the dates being wrong, I would have noticed that. Googling it does say it was a genuine show by Chris Hall and Mark Bittlestone. Surely it's another mistake?

Likewise, I'm sure I'd have noticed it too, so it's either some strange casual mistake by whoever runs the website, or Chris has control of his own page and every so often amuses himself by fucking about with it (though the latter does seem unlikely, admittedly).

Glebe

If it turns out he has sort of retired I just wanna say:


Tags: