Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

July 19, 2024, 07:45:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Oxide Ghosts back on tour in UK/Ire 2022

Started by Blinder Data, December 03, 2021, 04:41:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Noodle Lizard

Ah I wish they could livestream one of these.

checkoutgirl

Saw this in Dublin last time so I suppose I'm going again. I'd like to tell Cummings I was one of the seven people who quite liked Snuff Box and even have the DVD. He was nice enough to give me a minute of his time last time.

Pretty surprised this is getting another go around though. It's quite niche with a presumably small cult audience and it's obvious Cummings is a busy man. He must have enjoyed the live experience or something.

lauraxsynthesis

Don't know if this should go here or in a new thread?

Brass Eye at 25: Interview with
director Michael Cummings


https://www.chortle.co.uk/interviews/2022/01/28/50068/chris-morris-hes-the-nicest-guy-ever?rss

Glebe

Quote from: lauraxsynthesis on January 29, 2022, 01:27:13 AMDon't know if this should go here or in a new thread?

Brass Eye at 25: Interview with
director Michael Cummings


https://www.chortle.co.uk/interviews/2022/01/28/50068/chris-morris-hes-the-nicest-guy-ever?rss

Thanks a mil for that Laura!

Quote from: checkoutgirl on January 26, 2022, 05:28:48 AMSaw this in Dublin last time so I suppose I'm going again. I'd like to tell Cummings I was one of the seven people who quite liked Snuff Box and even have the DVD. He was nice enough to give me a minute of his time last time.

Pretty surprised this is getting another go around though. It's quite niche with a presumably small cult audience and it's obvious Cummings is a busy man. He must have enjoyed the live experience or something.

I was at one of those shows, I'm getting them confused but either Barry Murphy or Risteárd Cooper from Après Match was there. My little amateur review of it is in the relevant thread!

As I recall Cummings also mentioned the joys of watching of forum favourite Bullseye on Challenge in hotels room in the early hours of the morning!

Pancake

Got a ticket to the Cambridge showing of this, also just had cove so apparently I'm superimmune so no chance of the China plague scuppering plans

Rich Uncle Skeleton

Christ , Bristol screening passed me by and sold out!

TheGingerAlien

Quote from: iamcoop on December 20, 2021, 01:50:33 PMI have a ticket for Newcastle if any other local scoundrels fancy kissing beforehand.

Quote from: imitationleather on December 21, 2021, 11:41:50 AMI'm up for Newcastle guys. 😙

See you there lads, pucker up - haway the CABs

Captain Z

Quote from: Rich Uncle Skeleton on February 03, 2022, 09:32:36 AMChrist , Bristol screening passed me by and sold out!

Bristol definitely wasn't on the list previously, that and Cardiff must have been added more recently.

Ferris

Quote from: Noodle Lizard on January 26, 2022, 04:32:52 AMAh I wish they could livestream one of these.

Yeah I'd love to see this and would happily pay a fair old wedge for an authorized stream. I don't even need a permanent version, just once and done is fine with me though I suppose if it's niche in the UK there's fuck all chance of them thinking about wider/international distribution.

Rich Uncle Skeleton

Quote from: Captain Z on February 03, 2022, 05:29:18 PMBristol definitely wasn't on the list previously, that and Cardiff must have been added more recently.


Exactly, noticed nothing round here on the list originally and I forgot to keep an eye out! Cardiff would've been the next best thing too haha

Noodle Lizard

Quote from: Ferris on February 03, 2022, 05:38:39 PMYeah I'd love to see this and would happily pay a fair old wedge for an authorized stream. I don't even need a permanent version, just once and done is fine with me though I suppose if it's niche in the UK there's fuck all chance of them thinking about wider/international distribution.

I'm sure it could be done (even for UK-dwellers who can't/don't want to go out to see it), but I expect it might be a bit tricky with rights and licensing and all that stuff. I know Morris gave it his blessing, but I think Channel 4 would still technically own the rights to all the footage, wouldn't they? Maybe someday.

imitationleather


BlodwynPig

Quote from: iamcoop on December 20, 2021, 01:50:33 PMI have a ticket for Newcastle if any other local scoundrels fancy kissing beforehand.

yeh, got one for myself and imitation, see you in there

Captain Z

Quote from: Noodle Lizard on February 03, 2022, 07:01:18 PMI'm sure it could be done (even for UK-dwellers who can't/don't want to go out to see it), but I expect it might be a bit tricky with rights and licensing and all that stuff. I know Morris gave it his blessing, but I think Channel 4 would still technically own the rights to all the footage, wouldn't they? Maybe someday.

I think it's more the fact that it would inevitably get recorded, end up on YouTube within hours and open it up to a whole world of people who would (ignorantly or deliberately) take it out of context and create uproar about the contents. I'm sure Chris' blessing was conditional on it only being confined to controlled cinema screenings.

lauraxsynthesis


iamcoop


shoulders

Looks like Stewart Lee is the special guest for the Crouch End date on 21st March.

Less lucky folks get David Walliams.

shoulders

Right, all sorted, I have tickets for the York screening!

Leeds is apparently sold out but 70 seats free for York, which really throws me. I wonder if the Leeds ones just haven't gone on sale yet.

iamcoop

I'm assuming it's Andy Dawson chairing the Newcastle date again?

What was he like last time around?

TheGingerAlien

Quote from: iamcoop on February 05, 2022, 03:00:08 PMI'm assuming it's Andy Dawson chairing the Newcastle date again?

What was he like last time around?

Aye it's down as him. Missed it last time around so dunno what he's like. Isn't Dawson the unfunny one from athletico mince though?

Dirty Boy

Deffo going to catch it this time around. Can't wait!

Pancake

Was suprised to see no Norwich showing then found this, wonder what this means??

Cinema City Norwich

The Oxide Ghosts event on 27th March 2022 has been cancelled due to certification issues. The majority of tickets have been refunded but if you paid in cash at the Box Office please call in to receive your refund. Apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Tokyo van Ramming

Quote from: Pancake on February 07, 2022, 05:07:02 PMWas suprised to see no Norwich showing then found this, wonder what this means??

Cinema City Norwich

The Oxide Ghosts event on 27th March 2022 has been cancelled due to certification issues. The majority of tickets have been refunded but if you paid in cash at the Box Office please call in to receive your refund. Apologies for any inconvenience caused.


Knowing Norwich, extortion.

Ferris

Quote from: Captain Z on February 03, 2022, 08:48:09 PMI think it's more the fact that it would inevitably get recorded, end up on YouTube within hours and open it up to a whole world of people who would (ignorantly or deliberately) take it out of context and create uproar about the contents. I'm sure Chris' blessing was conditional on it only being confined to controlled cinema screenings.

Yes, but have you considered that I'm great and should get everything I want at all times?

Made yourself look a bit daft overlooking that. Sorry mate.

Noodle Lizard

Quote from: Pancake on February 07, 2022, 05:07:02 PMWas suprised to see no Norwich showing then found this, wonder what this means??

Cinema City Norwich

The Oxide Ghosts event on 27th March 2022 has been cancelled due to certification issues. The majority of tickets have been refunded but if you paid in cash at the Box Office please call in to receive your refund. Apologies for any inconvenience caused.


This might be a really, really stupid theory based on fuckall knowledge - but I think I'm correct in saying that everything screened in the UK requires a BBFC certification. I'm sure people mostly get away with it, especially nowadays, but perhaps the Norwich venue are sticklers for the rules? I don't imagine Oxide Ghosts has been submitted to the BBFC, seems like an unnecessary expense.

Tokyo van Ramming

It's listed as an 18 on the Picture House website, but that doesn't necessarily mean it was submitted for certification.

When I saw Oxide Ghosts the first time round I don't recall seeing anything that would warrant an 18 certificate, but then I don't remember much of the film's content.

Rich Uncle Skeleton

Probably that bit where Morris got Frankie Fraser to fist himself.

Cottonon

Second screening has been added to the Bristol date. If you're on the waiting list ring them now. If you're not they're due to go on sale in the next few days they said. Yippee!

Rich Uncle Skeleton

Quote from: Cottonon on February 15, 2022, 08:00:19 PMSecond screening has been added to the Bristol date. If you're on the waiting list ring them now. If you're not they're due to go on sale in the next few days they said. Yippee!

They're on sale now. just got one, thank you so much for the heads up!

another Mr. Lizard

Looks like I'll be hosting the Derby show again - just received an email from QUAD offering me the gig. Hope to see a few of you there.

Tags: