Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 03:00:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length

How did you settle on your username?

Started by Stigdu, June 30, 2022, 09:18:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

flotemysost

Quote from: touchingcloth on June 30, 2022, 10:36:04 PMIt was an accident.

For ages I though this was some kind of Ecclesiastical term, as in "man of the cloth". The contrast with its true meaning is quite nice.

Quote from: Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse on June 30, 2022, 10:39:02 PMThe phrase "big garlicky corpse" is amusing to me and I was rewatching Agatha Christie's Poirot when I signed up.

One of my all-time fave usernames, gotta say. Laughed like a drain the first time I saw it.

touchingcloth

Quote from: flotemysost on June 30, 2022, 11:04:31 PMFor ages I though this was some kind of Ecclesiastical term, as in "man of the cloth". The contrast with its true meaning is quite nice.

When I first signed up for a different forum with the same name (she went to a different school, you wouldn't know her), I had an avatar that was a bishop's mitre, except instead of tassels coming off the sides of it it was a couple of loo rolls.

Scammin

Mine was from an episode of It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia.

Magnum Valentino

Quote from: PlanktonSideburns on June 30, 2022, 10:00:49 PMOne of the best usernames

Reluctant partial credit is due to Mark Cahalane but aye, my ears link to MY brain Mark, so Magnum Valentino is MINE!

Quote from: Dex Sawash on June 30, 2022, 10:01:00 PMShit, thought that was an @Maris Piper post

Yeah, that did have me somewhat confused. Though that guy did seem to really love potatoes.

My username comes from my first post being about the short-lived Tommy Tiernan sitcom.

Hank the Rapper

Hank Kingsley's rapper name from Larry Sanders.

Armed Traffic Warden

It was 1904 and I was single-handedly building a schoolroom atop a Tibetan mountain for the little children of the villages in the valley below.

On my 212th journey up the mountain tracks, laden with materials, I happened upon a wise old monk. Not a Buddhist one, he was from Chorley on holiday. I say I happened on him; I caught him taking a dump in a well I'd built the previous year. Nonetheless he stood before me, having mopped up as best he could, and said only these words; "Immaculate Clump."
  With that he walked off, lost soon amidst the mountain mist and the windless silence.

When I came here it was taken.
So that's why I didn't choose that name.

Maris Piper

Quote from: Dex Sawash on June 30, 2022, 10:01:00 PMShit, thought that was an @Maris Piper post

Oi! I resemble that remark!

And as for that newcomer stealing my act...

Dr Rock

Glebe

Took mine from old Morris fan site Glebe's Thrift Funnel. Somebody once PM'd me to enquire as to whether or not I was the founder of that site, an understandable assumption.

famethrowa

It's from a Pavement song (though I think theirs is styled Fame Throwa), I like the band well enough but the song is a bit of a fizzer. Just a good fun word.

Got to ask, is it Jock-ice (like choc ice), or Joe-kise, or Jockissey?

PlanktonSideburns

Quote from: ImmaculateClump on June 30, 2022, 10:18:20 PMYours isn't as bad. Mine sounds pretentious. At least yours is just insufferably whacky.

Perfect description of mine, real colon hunt energy to it

I woke up one morning and thought of mine - just before I was cremated, luckily.

Al Tha Funkee Homosapien

From the rapper. My first name is Alex. I kinda hate it.

The Mollusk

Quote from: Glebe on July 01, 2022, 03:40:15 AMTook mine from old Morris fan site Glebe's Thrift Funnel. Somebody once PM'd me to enquire as to whether or not I was the founder of that site, an understandable assumption.

You're in my thoughts fairly often mate as there are a fair number of streets I've seen in London named Glebe Road, Lane etc. I saw GLEBELANDS on my map app whilst walking the other day and considered photographing it but it was three streets out of my way so I couldn't be arsed.

Glebe

Quote from: The Mollusk on July 01, 2022, 06:52:46 AMYou're in my thoughts fairly often mate as there are a fair number of streets I've seen in London named Glebe Road, Lane etc. I saw GLEBELANDS on my map app whilst walking the other day and considered photographing it but it was three streets out of my way so I couldn't be arsed.

Haha! Yeah even here in little ol' Dublin I've spotted numerous Glebes! My big ambition now is to spot a 'Mollusk Avenue' or summit! Will keep you posted on my progress!

Jockice

Quote from: Glebe on July 01, 2022, 03:40:15 AMTook mine from old Morris fan site Glebe's Thrift Funnel. Somebody once PM'd me to enquire as to whether or not I was the founder of that site, an understandable assumption.

I always assumed it was something to do with The Broons.

dontpaintyourteeth

Jockice

Quote from: famethrowa on July 01, 2022, 03:49:18 AMGot to ask, is it Jock-ice (like choc ice), or Joe-kise, or Jockissey?

The first. Although feel free to pronounce it any way you want. I was called that because I was so bloody cool. And covered in chocolate.

I wish.

Alberon

Taken from a minor character in this series though I used it a bit online elsewhere before finding this forum.

dontpaintyourteeth

Quote from: Jockice on July 01, 2022, 09:44:00 AMYou have my sympathies.

I flew from Bristol to Glasgow to see Jandek once, I'm afraid I'm beyond help on that front.

A pathetic attempt at being enigmatic.

Whatever happened to Absorb The Anus Burn by the way?

Jockice

Quote from: dontpaintyourteeth on July 01, 2022, 09:49:10 AMI flew from Bristol to Glasgow to see Jandek once, I'm afraid I'm beyond help on that front.

I actually do quite like him. Or the idea of him. Have only heard a few of his tracks. He does seem acquainted with some people who share my surname though.

PlanktonSideburns

Quote from: Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse on June 30, 2022, 10:39:02 PMThe phrase "big garlicky corpse" is amusing to me and I was rewatching Agatha Christie's Poirot when I signed up.

Another great username

Dex Sawash

Mine was a placeholder* meant to be changed once I got tbe feel of the place. Then discovered you can't just change it whenever you want here at cookdandbombd.co.uk

*used on sailing forums, stalkers

Kankurette

I'm named after Kankuro, a character from the manga Naruto. He's a ninja puppeteer who wears purple lippy and has a homicidal little brother, and he was my favourite character when I joined Narutofan, so I picked the name Kankurette after seeing a female Kankuro cosplay and calling her a 'Kankurette'. And that name just stuck.

Blinder Data

Quote from: bgmnts on June 30, 2022, 09:34:06 PMPut this on a game of Timesplitters 2 one time in about 2002 and it stuck because I liked it. 

Does it stand for anything at all, or is totally random? I like to think it's simply a vowel-less spelling of "big mints".

Mine is from Adam Buxton's impression of Her Majesty. I think it's normally written down as "blinda" but I didn't want to risk mispronunciations, plus I like the double meaning it adds.