Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 02:51:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length

A serial lawbreaking liar - Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson scandal thread 2

Started by Fambo Number Mive, April 19, 2022, 01:46:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Armed Traffic Warden

Leave off Reese-Mogg.
  I have it on good authority that he once didn't laugh at a homeless person, while pissing in his face screaming 'whatcha gonna do little pleb, WHATCHA GONNA FUCKING DO!'

So he's clearly not all bad.

bgmnts

I suppose Rees-Mogg has mostly functioning organs that would be good for people in need of transplants?

Video Game Fan 2000

imagine waking up on a hospital gurney with your beloved squeezing your hand and the doctor informs you that there was a terrible explosion while you were in Greggs and they had to give you Jacob Rees-Mogg's gouch to survive

Ferris

Quote from: bgmnts on July 06, 2022, 01:53:33 AMJust for the record, has there ever been a less qualified prime minister?

[ferris bangs on and on about the westminster political model]

Basically, what counts as qualified? My argument would be that it's someone with an extensive organizational design background and a focus on public sector organizations because of how cabinet/whitehall works. That's basically zero cabinet ministers ever, so that's an issue.

Because you can become a minister without a scooby doo of how a large organization works is (or should be) scandalous. It's like appointing yourself to run a giant insurance firm without really knowing how many days of the week there are.

Signed

- Ferris (working PhD candidate on how political hierarchies work within apolitical civil service departments).

Mister Six

Quote from: Video Game Fan 2000 on July 06, 2022, 02:25:08 AMimagine waking up on a hospital gurney with your beloved squeezing your hand and the doctor informs you that there was a terrible explosion while you were in Greggs and they had to give you Jacob Rees-Mogg's gouch to survive

Implication is that he didn't survive, so I'll take it.

Alberon

Quote from: Zero Gravitas on July 06, 2022, 12:04:15 AMooh, I was saving this one.

Blonde Max Wall?

It is PMQs later on. The best thing the Tory rebels could do is not show up leaving Johnson just ringed by the last of his cult.

shoulders

Quote from: Ferris on July 06, 2022, 02:37:36 AM[ferris bangs on and on about the westminster political model]

Basically, what counts as qualified? My argument would be that it's someone with an extensive organizational design background and a focus on public sector organizations because of how cabinet/whitehall works. That's basically zero cabinet ministers ever, so that's an issue.

Because you can become a minister without a scooby doo of how a large organization works is (or should be) scandalous. It's like appointing yourself to run a giant insurance firm without really knowing how many days of the week there are.

Signed

- Ferris (working PhD candidate on how political hierarchies work within apolitical civil service departments).

This is what civil servants are there for, is it not? If you reduced those that could serve in the cabinet to those you mention then Labour would have even fewer viable candidates than the Tories. I disagree with the prerequisite as such a demand would reduce MPs stock to an even narrower band of technocrats and right wingers.

Zetetic

Quote from: Ferris on July 06, 2022, 02:37:36 AMBasically, what counts as qualified? My argument would be that it's someone with an extensive organizational design background and a focus on public sector organizations because of how cabinet/whitehall works.
Does Mark Drakeford get somewhere close to what you have in mind?

If so, I do wonder what difference it makes in practice.

Quoteapolitical civil service departments
We do need to end this lie - if you work for the Westminster administration, including via one of its supposed-QUANGO fronts, then you are complicit. If there is hope for England - and there isn't - then we'd need to look to some form of cathartic lustration.

Fambo Number Mive

QuoteNadhim Zahawi has also been talking about the event that brought things to a head last night - what the PM knew about Chris Pincher, who resigned as chief whip after allegations of sexual misconduct.

He says the prime minister has acknowledged he made a mistake in appointing Chris Pincher. "We make these decisions at warp speed and we don't always get them right," he says

Why are appointment decisions made "at warp speed"? What is the hurry and surely you would weigh up the suitability first.

QuoteBut he defended Johnson to remain in the role saying "the way I'd sum up the PM's focus is "delivery, delivery, delivery".

What items is he having delivered to Number 10? And surely he should be thinking about more important issues.

greencalx

Crikey! Even The Sun and The Mail are questioning whether Johnson can hold on.

He will, of course, because he is, to quote Mick Lynch, "unembarrassable".

Mobius

Fambo Number Mive

Will Quince (Children's minister) has resigned.

Meanwhile Zahawi says he will be the "evidence led chancellor" (an attack on Sunak?) and promises tax cuts.

BritishHobo

TrenterPercenter

They'll be some more big dogs today I would think.  There are about 5 that are suspiciously quiet.

Blue Jam

I hope BoJo goes one day before the CoD dies. Imagine him being denied his big Churchill moment, his chance to give a sombre speech before walking away very stiffly. He'll definitely smash up his fucking laptop then.

Blue Jam

Quote from: TrenterPercenter on July 06, 2022, 08:37:50 AMThey'll be some more big dogs today I would think.

I don't think anyone's going to take Tim Westwood seriously now.

TrenterPercenter

Or CoD will die today her final words being reported as "That terrible man not going has finally done for me"

Mobius

frajer

They'll have to burn Johnson off the walls like he's a less appealing version of The Thing.

Looking forward to that.

GMTV

Quote from: frajer on July 06, 2022, 08:46:24 AMThey'll have to burn Johnson off the walls like he's a less appealing version of The Thing.

Looking forward to that.

Imagine the cleanup operation they'll need for number 10. All the grease, semen, shite on the walls. Entry with HAZMAT suit on only.

Blue Jam

I hope it's like Thatcher's resignation, except instead of being like that famous photo of her crying in the car he's hungover as fuck and desperately trying not to be sick.

imitationleather

Blue Jam

TrenterPercenter

Quote from: Blue Jam on July 06, 2022, 08:43:30 AMI don't think anyone's going to take Tim Westwood seriously now.

BREAKING: Tim Westwood has been appointed Minister for Raps

Bup-Bup-Bup! Yeah, yeah, believe it, the bombs about to go off baby!

Blue Jam

Who'd be worst as Women's Minster- BoJo, Dorries, or Tim Westwood?

Bently Sheds

The fucker won't go until he's fulfilled his contract and completely demolished that NI agreement thing, finally trashing what little is left of our international reputation and pissing off our biggest, bestest buddy America.