Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 09:01:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length

20 years of Apple.

Started by danielreal2k, March 24, 2004, 04:00:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

danielreal2k

Can't believe this advert is 20 years old,  ok they have updated it a bit
with the girl wearing an  iPod.    - but still pretty cool for 20 years old.

http://www.apple.com/hardware/ads/1984

Didn't Ridley Scott make it?  seems very Bladerunner

Timmay

Santa's Boyfriend

Ridley Scott did indeed make an ad for the introduction of the first apple Macintosh in 1984 - and was directly inspired by George Orwell's masterpiece set in the same year, as opposed to blade runner (yes, I know he made both).  Gives you an idea of what he would have done with 1984 had he been given it at the time.  The film is still a masterpiece though - in many ways as good as the book.

fanny splendid

Quote from: "danielreal2k"Can't believe this advert is 20 years old,  ok they have updated it a bit
with the girl wearing an  iPod.    - but still pretty cool for 20 years old.

http://www.apple.com/hardware/ads/1984

Didn't Ridley Scott make it?  seems very Bladerunner

Yes, i think he did.

Did you know that there is an easter egg in the Duke Nukem game? Press a combination of keys, and that advert will show on the cinema screen in the first bit of the game.

It's a classic advert because:

* It was a one-shot (well, originally, but it's widely available on the web now) advertisment during some American Football Superbowl game, being seen by a large TV audience, many of them being guys chugging down beers and well into their american football.

* It was stylistically dark and moody, an impressively directed advertisment by Scott. And Apple didn't hold back the purse strings from the idea.

* It had a fit lass, in a skimpy outfit, running in slow-mo, with nice jiggly breasts. The reason for the ad's classic status? An elusive hot chick. That's yer reason there.

smiley

Tokyo Sexwhale

It's 20 years since 1984?  Where did all that time go....

Oh, so THAT'S what Futurama was parodying in that episode.....

Ambient Sheep

Quote from: "Tokyo Sexwhale"It's 20 years since 1984?  Where did all that time go....
I know.  I was listening to a Cocteau Twins LP last night and suddenly realised that it's 20 years since their seminal "Treasure" LP came out.

That also means that FGTH's "Two Tribes" is 20 years old this summer too.

Not to mention 20 years since all that Orwell bollocks.

Weird.

Hairy Chin

And 20 years this summer since my 3rd birthday. Blimey, I think this is turning out to be some sort of '20' conspiracy.