Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 11:31:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length

What do you do?

Started by MarmiteCarpenter, March 25, 2004, 09:37:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MarmiteCarpenter

Besides the innevitable alcohol fuelled capers, what do you Verbwhores get up to once you've finished your chores?

At home Im usually making silly music, scratching (of the wikka wikka kind) or playing UT2k4 at about 10fps.

As for outside type stuff, after eventually getting bored of about 200 sports I seem to have temporarily settled on hockey, though I'm utterly shit and my lack of skills annoys my team no end (I still get picked every week though). A bit of photography with a couple mates who are into walking, beach during summer evenings (yay for Bournemouth beach, best in the country!), thats about it.

So how do you whores spend your free time?
(besides watching this thread sink quicker than Russell Grant wrapped in concrete)

Cerys

Photoshopping, communing with my PS2, gawping at the telly, reading, procrastinating and eating more junk food than is healthy.

I lead a full, satisfying life, me.

no_offenc

photoshop, b3ta, music, drums, drinking, college, working in a shithole, etc etc

butnut

I predict this will become a thread dominated by masturbation.

Frinky

I'm trying to become some sort of a musician, learning guitar, bass, and keys, but not getting too far.

My dream was always to be a model/propmaker (I didn't dream much) and I'm working on the designs for a totally accurate Back To The Future conversion, the only decent one of it's kind in the UK. I'm lucky to have a lot of contacts in the industry, but it's all in the US and I could never get into it over here.

Oh, and LOL NO PRON, maybe.

Uncle_Z

Lift heavy stuff.   Write a little.  Play guitar v. badly.  Play UT2k4 v well cos me @m LOL NO 13370r or something.  Play as Troutmask and can probably give you some tweaking hints to improve your fps.

Hairy Chin

As I only really work 2 days of the week I find I'm bored the rest of the week and I have no musical talent whatsoever so I can't pass the time playing an instrument or writing songs. I find myself online nearly all my waking hours because I'm sad. I lied about being great in the Driving thread.

Sometimes when the computer's online I also spend hours using Adobe Audition making sweepers and idents or watching DVD's or videos I've downloaded; and I also spend my time not smoking.

Today marks my second full week of not smoking. It would have been three, except on day 7 of my first week I had a massive mood swing/strop/temper tantrum and stormed off in my car to the shops where I bought some smokes. I smoked one full one and a bit of two more that day then was very dissapointed in myself so I gave the fags to my mate. So then I had to start from day one again. But I reckon I'm doing well - I've managed to not smoke at work (where I usually smoke more than any other time) and go out down the pub with mates who smoke and I've still managed to resist. I then worked out how much I was saving..and I'm now planning what to spend my saved money on. Amongst them include upgrading my broadband and getting some new computer bits and bobs.

lazyhour

Currently, I'm trying to write The Great American Novel.  Based in Berkshire, obviously.  Oh, and I spend some of my time writing pointless, angry stuff here.

Keep it a bit secret, though, eh?

Hans

I go to college on weekdays but on Mondays finish at 11 and Wednesdays finish at 12.  I get at least a two hour break every day.  I spend my free time having sex, reading a lot, writing, occasionally drawing and thinking up ideas for projects that I never get started on.

I appreciate how easy my life is at the moment and am not looking forward to having to take on responsibilty in a year or two.

morgs

The Culture Bunker

I do the same as I did last time this topic cropped up - I mope around a lot, apply for jobs, wait for the rejection letter, try to write a book which I know for certain no publisher would be interested in but I continue to work on because my friends find it amusing, I occasionally write album reviews and enjoy the free CD's (the one bonus I have). The only additions are that I try to avoid spending the remains of my life savings since I fucked the dole off and I seem to do being in love these days now.

I'm t-total so no drinking for me. I usually spend as much spare time as I can muster writing. However that's probably about to change because... I just got a doggy! She's a beautiful staffy cross and I'm picking her up next week (she's a nice bed and loads of toys waiting for her here.) - my girlfriend got a puppy about two months ago and we've already planned all manner of picnics and trips out with the two of them (provided they get on) - I also have to take her to obedience classes apparently. So I think that's what I'll be doing a lot of soon... gay stuff like that.

Rev

I'm 90% identical to Culture Bunker, and the inverse of Munday's because my cat was put down this morning.  Feeling very un-manly about the whole thing.  Watching sad films as an excuse and hoping for rain.

Silver SurferGhost

I've started listening to Radio 3 on a regular basis, so I've bought myself a  cardigan.
Nah, Radio 3 is fucking weird, have you ever listened to it for more than a few hours?

I gave up trying to write The Novel years ago.
Burning the bastard was the most satisfaction I ever got from it.

I walk a lot when possible, and yet still I am *rather portly*.

I can't drink beer for medical reasons. It's an allergy thing.
I can however swig the proper hard stuff until there's no tomorrow, which there usually isn't when I do....
Thankfully I can't afford to do it that often.

I've been a good lad lately though, what with being, well y'know, in a relationship and that.
My time is largely spent in the warm rosy glow of domesticity, at least when I'm round her house.
Once a week I get together with the first family, which makes me sound like the US President or a bigamist  or summat,
but that ain't what I mean.

On other nights off I'm usually round here, listening to music, arguing about whose pens those are with my son,
making him watch odd films and comedy while he's still young enough to be irrepairably influenced by them,
or complaining about the telly.
Or all of the above at once.

My computer spends a lot of time on Soulseek, but I'm not always necessarily there to see it.

Cambrian Times

Apart from working, i sleep a lot, try writing a novel, listen to XFM or CDs, write bizarre fanfiction and play Runescape

sore bottom mum

Anything that has no constructive reason. It's all these things that make life worth living. Having said that, I wish I could motivate myself to not spend so much time in front of a computer screen.

blue jammer

Thanks to the dimise of sharereactor, I have managed to watch the backlog of movies I'd downloaded in the past x month(s), and start downloading more music again.

I've been collecting breakbeats and miscelaneous 'sounds' to work on, and have been putting together a compilation of hour long Final Scratch discs, ready to spin, scratch, and get funky with.

Started reading again at work as we lost the internet for a couple of weeks, now that is back I doubt the reading will continue (shame)

Oh, and I've been experimenting with drugs and fucking loving it :)
(wish I'd got into them sooner, but a cousin OD'ing on heroin the first time he used it in 1989 kept me off drugs pretty much until now)

TraceyQ

Smoke dope and listen to music. (While being incredibly gorgeous and fashionable, natch)

mook

Catch trout with bits of dead bird and squirrel tied on to hooks, and thinking about starting to play tennis just to lose my fledgling beer belly. oh and a bit of golf now and again.

smoker

bitching about dumbed down teev while watching it avidly
working for a publisher part time
organizing this year's york comedy festival
smoking, naturelement
watching filums
hanging around with me bird
reading bob evan's autobiography at the moment
getting beered up

I get shut in a box from 5pm to 9am.  It's alright, like, it has Matt Reid wallpaper in there and there's a pot to piss in.

I attempt to write music, fail miserably and get depressed wondering where my muse went.

dirkfunk

i get home watch the cat for a little bit
(he never does anything, but he might)
listen to music
band practice
writing comedie with someone at moment
sleep
sew
sleep sewing
count things
feed
drink
smoke fags
murder
night night

Jed Maxwell

Attempt to write scripts / book but always come up against same crippling lethargy + lack of ability.
Listen to & collect obscure indie stuff from 80s / early 90s.
See and enjoy the good lady's company most weekends, - ergo music, ale & recreational drugs.
Watch Castleford RLFC get heavily beaten on a weekly basis., -read very occasionally the same for Leeds Utd.
Visiting Cathederals & Norman churchs (true, sadly)
When weather gets better spend long aimless periods charging up and down country roads on Ducati 900ss.

I always think my life is fairly empty and pityful but if you group together all occasional activities it doesn't sound too bad.
Must try that again some time.

Purple Tentacle

Play excessive computer games (KOTOR obsessively at the mo), shout at the telly, occasionally prepare for an assault on the airwaves only for apathy to take a hold, play board games with Ms_Tentacle and constantly dream of her leaving me alone for a few days so I can go on a three day binge of masturbation and marajuana, Drumlake school stylee.

She's going to her parents' house for a week in 13 days time..... WOOOO!!!!

Lt Plonker

I draw lots when I'm not meant to be officially drawing. And I play computer games. I'm plowing through Fate of Atlantis at the moment after PT telling me about the second ending to it.

Purple Tentacle

Quote from: "Lt Plonker"I'm plowing through Fate of Atlantis at the moment after PT telling me about the second ending to it.

Blimey, the alternative ending's not very good, and quite depressing.

The fists/wits/shits thing is the most replayable aspect of the game, I hope you saved before choosing because you can double the lifespan of the game that way.

Almost Yearly

Smoke grass, drink Guinness, listen to Cardiacs and go "Rosco P Coltrane ... yes ... yes ... ahaha ... Rosco P Coltrane ... yes you are ... smiling for daddy aren't you ... Rosco P Coltrane ... yes ..."

The P bits are falsetto. It's a good life.

Like Silver Surfer Ghost, I thankfully stopped writing The Book ages ago, and more recently I seem to have stopped reading any either. I don't play computer games or watch Formula One. I go for nice walks.

smoker

Quote from: "Almost Yearly"I go for nice walks.

yes, nice walks. i can't wait till i find a place i feel settled, buy or rent a nice big old isolated house in the country surrounded by woods. mmmm get me a dog and a shotgun, log fire, local pub a half mile away. mmm

Almost Yearly

Pub about twenty paces away.