Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 09:43:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Let's talk about death....baby

Started by MonkeyDrummer, March 29, 2004, 04:23:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Almost Yearly

Ah, nice solution. You're clever, you.

Lord Spong

Quote from: "hencole"
Another great theory I have is that of a centric position involving parralel dimensions. At the moment you die, be it death by car or a heart attack, you instantly move to a dimension in which you didn't get hit by that car. It would mean that you would live forever always jumping to the next nearest point of existence. Sadly everyone you ever knew would die before you, but three iss always the memories, and the thought that they were still alive in a another dimension living forever just like you.

Wow!  I have the exact same theory, but you've explained it much better.  Whenever I almost get run over crossing the road, I think 'I wonder if there's a  Lord Spong in an alternate unverse who didn't make it'.

I would want to know if I was dying of cancer, and I'd want to know how long I had left.  That way, I could make the decision as and when to get out the bottle of whisky and the sleeping pills, instead of spending the last few pointless months of my life wasting away in agony.

Lord Spong

Quote from: "Lord Spong"pointless months of my life wasting away.

Come to think of it, that accurately describes my life right now :-)

Krang

Im sorry to hear about your grandad Monkey Drummer.

My Grandad suffered from a stroke (aged 85), The last few weeks werent pleasant, but he'd lived through things i cant imagine, and being a chain smoker for quite a while, i think he did pretty well, he was indeed a great man.

hotvans

At the beginning of the year i was told my best friend had committed suicide too late to go to the funeral and a week later my granfather died. He had a heart attack on the Friday and was taken in to hospital, I live a few hundred miles away from him and was told by everyone how he was fine and would be home the folowing wednesday, even on the sunday night I spoke to my mum and brother who had been to see him and thye said how well he was etc. On the monday morning he died of a sudden massive heart attack.
I regret not going to see him very much especially hearing from my brother how he was talking about how he should really start telling his stories into a dictaphone so someone would have them after he was gone.
He went exactly how he would have wanted which is so fast he didnt even realise and thats very appealing, I always think that's what I'd want but then you realise what it's like being left behind and not having said important things to each other that maybe haning around for a bit would be ok. Or we could come back as ghosts and tell people all those important things...............