Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 12:24:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length

I think God has got something against me.

Started by Mr Flunchy, March 31, 2004, 10:57:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr Flunchy

It feels like today someone is trying to get to me..

I wake up to a phonecall from the bank informing me that my card has been stolen and all my money's been spent.  Then in a panic I manage to whack my head on the corner of a shelf, giving me a big bleeding hole in my head.  I buy some fags - they fall out of a hole in the bag and are lost, I go to uni and start working, the fileshare goes down losing all my work.   In desperation I go to the uni shop to buy some more fags - IT'S SHUT!  

Also I punched a monitor and my hand hurts.

I'm not the superstitious type at all, but I am scared to move in case worse things happen.

smoker

unlucky, speshly about ther money and the work

still, maybe tomorrow you'll wake up to find a previously unknown relative has left you a cool thou in their will, then you'll hit a club to celebrate and get blown by a model after you let her take a line of charles off your cock.

these things happen, believe me

mook

well i hope it makes you feel a little better by knowing that i laughed like a drain reading that. schaudefraude is alive and well in sleepy sussex.

Mr Flunchy

Anyone know what the chances are of getting any stolen money back from the bank?  It was mostly taken out as cashback from M&S, Tesco, Spar etc.

smoker

you should get it back. they'll have cameras so you can prove it wasn't you, plus if you have an alibi you're even better off. it will however take some time to get it back, i've heard of some cases taking several months

mook

if it was a cashback, surely the supermarket has some cctv of the fucker doing it. or are all those cameras there to stop people nicking the spam?

sorry if my previous post sounds a little callous.

smoker

rare is the case where you won't get your money back from the banks or supermarkets. i worked for a card insurance company for some time, it's not worth the bother for them to kick up a stink over a small amount. your only problem will be if you don't have enough dough left to last you till it's paid back.

MojoJojo

Nah, there they're  to keep the cashiers hand out the till.

My guess is that it's a conspiracy by the banks to make Mr Flunchy a poster child of the Chip & Pin scheme

Mr Flunchy

I've got to the stage where everything has gone so tits up that it's become absurd.  It's hard to stop laughing, but I'm not laughing in a happy way  - it's the crazy laugh of the damned...

elderford

Mr Flunchy, all will be well.

Happened to the missus earlier this year (not punching a monitor, that's just silly).

On the advice of the bank, we went and reported to the rozzers.

We took a statement indicating all the thefty withdrawals to the copshop and they then gave it a crime number.

We then took the crime number back to the back so they could do what they need to do and she had the money recredited after a few weeks (they gave her a temporary overdraft in the meantime).

The police never got back in touch.

hencole

Happened to a friend of mine. If the bank try and fob you off just keep demanding that all the money gets repayed. They tried to flog her off by only paytin hyalf bcak, but a well written letter and a further month or so and it was all back in her account. Good luck.

Regulars may remember my "I think my neighbours may be robbing bastards" thread from about a year ago.  My new bank card was nicked from the post and some bugger spent over £700 on it.  The bank sent me some sort of form to fill in and I had to report it to the filth.  I got every single penny back fairly quickly, but the bank had the cheek to charge me interest on the overdraft that the theif had built up.  I would've complained but the charge was actually less than the price of a stamp, so it wasn't worth it.

MarmiteCarpenter

I got my card stolen with a bunch of other stuff a couple years ago. I got the police in, and rang up the bank about it. They sent out an up-to-date statement, and told me to mark all the transactions that weren't mine. Within a few days I had all the money back in my account, no more questions asked!

I don't think all these bad events are the work of God. I thought maybe they were Rats's mind-ray at work, but you haven't monged him yet, it must be something else...

MojoJojo

Would these people with past stories of bank card thefts mind posting which banks they were with? Just interested to see how the different banks compare.

elderford

HSBC no problems they were cool about it from the outset.

MarmiteCarpenter

Quote from: "MojoJojo"Would these people with past stories of bank card thefts mind posting which banks they were with? Just interested to see how the different banks compare.

HSBC here too

fanny splendid

Quote from: "Partridge's Love Child"I would've complained but the charge was actually less than the price of a stamp, so it wasn't worth it.

Multiply that by a a few hundred thousand, and that's quite a good profit. An easy one, too. I have a piece of software which calculates how much the charges should be, based upon the bank's own interest rates. A penny here, a penny there, it's not much from your account, but when they are doing it to nearly every account, it soon mounts up.

This is how the patient, and sensible thief, works.

True true.  But then expecting a bank to be honest and honourable is a bit like expecting Sebastian Coe not to be a cunt.  It's amazing how much nicer banks and shops with whom you have a store card start being to you when you're in credit/not spending any money on your card.

I'm with Lloyds Bastards by the way.

butnut

I'm having a really good today - sorry Mr. Flunky.

I woke up at 6.15 am expecting to feel completly shit from last night's drinking - but instead I felt fine. Hooray! Thank heavens for Neurofen. After a bit of fucking around on here, I went for a lovely morning walk along the river, and popped into J. Buckley the Butcher's for some sausages, which I devoured with relish (after cooking them first) and glugged down a pot of coffee. I have since spent my day on the web, or playing civ3.

I might go for another walk this afternoon, and I've got to decide what to have for lunch. And I have cricket nets this evening.

The only downer on the day is that I will almost certainly pass VM as the saddest wanker here.

Brigadier Pompous

Quote from: "MojoJojo"Would these people with past stories of bank card thefts mind posting which banks they were with? Just interested to see how the different banks compare.

I had no problems with Lloyds.

What concerns me is how someone can spend 400 quid in Choices video.  Surely you would need a wheelbarrow for that many DVDs....

smoker

Quote from: "Brigadier Pompous"What concerns me is how someone can spend 400 quid in Choices video.  Surely you would need a wheelbarrow for that many DVDs....

i dunno, i once did over a ton renting wild things over and over for six months

untitled_london

tbh, i don't blame god....

i've got it in for you too :P

j/k....sorry bout the cash blah blah