Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 07:46:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Masterchuff 2022

Started by Jittlebags, March 22, 2022, 09:27:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gurke and Hare

It's interesting, his first few dishes didn't really work but were unusual so John obviously put him through as he had a cheffy interest in what he'd do next, and it's clicked for him since then.

Nice to see somebody hasselback a carrot for a bit of variety.

Icehaven

Made me think what else could be hasselbacked. Parsnips? Kebabs? Viennetta?

amateur

Is this the series where they have to make a thousand meals for some workers who work hard and therefore need some kind of lunch and if they don't get it Sellafield blows up? That's the best bit of MasterChef.

Quote from: gilbertharding on April 01, 2022, 01:01:58 PMHaven't watched any of this, so...

But has anyone seen any of Marcus Wareing's Pretend Farm with Marcus Wareing?

Tried watching this and found it pure deso. You know that bit in Groundhog Day where Phil is doing the building a snowman bit over and over again and trying to make it look like spontaneous fun, throwing snowballs with the kids etc?

It's that, it's almost impossible to watch. He's pretending to be learning life lessons on a farm that isn't his with people he doesn't know. Awful business.

gilbertharding

Quote from: amateur on April 26, 2022, 04:54:08 PMIs this the series where they have to make a thousand meals for some workers who work hard and therefore need some kind of lunch and if they don't get it Sellafield blows up? That's the best bit of MasterChef.

I think so - but won't they all catch Covid if they tried it these days?

QuoteTried watching this and found it pure deso. You know that bit in Groundhog Day where Phil is doing the building a snowman bit over and over again and trying to make it look like spontaneous fun, throwing snowballs with the kids etc?

It's that, it's almost impossible to watch. He's pretending to be learning life lessons on a farm that isn't his with people he doesn't know. Awful business.

Is it him, or the format?

Icehaven

Loved the Buttery Biscuit Bass brief, don't think I've seen it referred to on the show before apart from a few years back when a contestant gave a little smirk while saying something like "it's got a butter base".

Icehaven

Spose the right one won, although
Spoiler alert
I'd very much come around to Pookieland by the end so I was rooting for her, however I guess there's only so far dyeing rice different colours can get you.
[close]

thugler

Quote from: Icehaven on April 30, 2022, 04:10:48 PMLoved the Buttery Biscuit Bass brief, don't think I've seen it referred to on the show before apart from a few years back when a contestant gave a little smirk while saying something like "it's got a butter base".

Could they not credit who fucking made it though? Pricks.

sevendaughters

felt like the sharp end of the competition was over too quickly

Icehaven

Quote from: thugler on May 11, 2022, 10:39:24 PMCould they not credit who fucking made it though? Pricks.

Good point actually, Swedemason wasn't mentioned at all, you'd almost have thought they made it themselves.

thugler

Quote from: Icehaven on May 12, 2022, 11:11:08 AMGood point actually, Swedemason wasn't mentioned at all, you'd almost have thought they made it themselves.

Even referred to it as 'our song'.

I really think this series, and the last few really has been a bit of a low point. Very cliched and boring. Some of these  contestants that went quite deep in this one were clearly only there for novelty.

The worst contestant this time is either posh  boat twat, or incredibly confident scottish marketing woman

colacentral

It's been shit since COVID forced them to limit the scope of the competition. I always dreaded the "cater for 100 scientists" challenges but in hindsight, it breaks up the slog of seeing the same kitchen set over and over again with all the same clichés, like a knife cutting a carrot timed to the beat of that music you always hear.

Glad that Farokh twat went out semi early. Might be most hateable contestant ever for me.