Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 02:13:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Football Thread 2021/22 Part 2 - Matt Le Tosser, Dejan Moron and Thickie Lambert

Started by JamesTC, April 06, 2022, 08:28:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

phantom_power

Quote from: The Culture Bunker on April 07, 2022, 10:07:25 AMDe Gea is hardly blameless himself. Very good shot-stopper, but absolutely dreadful distribution, especially with his feet.

And I think his lack of command of the area can lead to some of the defensive issues on crosses and corners

Jockice

Quote from: Clatty McCutcheon on April 06, 2022, 08:42:11 PMI know that Paul Lambert walked round the stadium with a banner that read 'THANK'S FANS' when he left Dortmund, and he sounds like he might have needed a bit of help with his reading and writing...but Thickie Lambert's a bit harsh!

Yea, I thought he was the Lambert being referred to. I was about to complain till I saw your post.

Kankurette

SpiderChrist

Quote from: Kankurette on April 06, 2022, 08:37:14 PMRecap:
Lambert: "I'm antivaxx."
Lovren: "I love Nigel Farage and Lawrence Fox and I hate gays."
Le Tissier: "I'm going to claim the attack on Bucha never happened and when called out, say I was just making a comment about media bias. Brb, off to Gettr."
Southampton fans: "Don't you DARE, Claus Lundekvam."

In happier news, Ancelotti's COVID-free.

Just to add my penn'orth as a Saints fan. I'm way past the age where I hero-worship footballers, but the Le Tissier stuff was a bit of a gut punch, I must admit. As for Lovren, never liked the cunt when he played for Saints - totally overrated and made to look better than he was by playing alongside Fonte. Lambert? He was great for Saints but y'know, fuck him too.

If anything shitty comes out about Ken Monkou I might be a bit upset.

Kankurette

That's what I heard re Lovren - Fonte made him look good. (Are you mad about Ings leaving? Dad's mate is.)

Fraser Forster is apparently lovely. He looks a bit scary, but he's a massive softie off the pitch, a bit of a gentle giant.

druss

Quote from: Kankurette on April 07, 2022, 12:41:15 AMLampard is getting thrown under the bus by his own squad?

It's almost as though publicly declaring your players are spineless losers isn't the best tactic to get them on your side.

Kankurette

Quote from: druss on April 07, 2022, 01:56:19 PMIt's almost as though publicly declaring your players are spineless losers isn't the best tactic to get them on your side.
To be fair, they are spineless losers but he could have been a bit more polite about it. I know some of the blues on here hate Martinez, but he made a big point of not slagging off his players in public. I guess Lampard's learned from Mourinho how to piss off a squad.

JamesTC

Lampard is just taking the tactics that he vaguely remembers working. Publicly attack the players. Publicly back the players. He has no tactical acumen and no experience of a relegation battle. But he was the one the fans called for (albeit out of a poor set of options).

It all fell apart for Rafa once the injuries piled up. Lampard now has the most important players back from injury so doesn't really have that excuse.

Blinder Data

The Lampard appointment was mind-boggling. Out of all the available managers, you appoint a young manager with zero achievements, zero experience of a relegation scrap, zero loyalty to the club and a planet-sized ego.

He'll walk out at the end of the season, blame everyone but himself, book a few friendly interviews and be managing in the Championship ASAP as if nothing has happened.

For the Lampard decision alone, Everton deserve to be relegated. Terrible governance.

Kankurette

For all his faults, Marco Silva has actually won stuff. In foreign leagues, but still. He and Rafa at least have cred. Lampard won what with Chelsea again? And he hardly had a crap squad.

Darren Moore is proof that a manager doesn't have to be glamorous to do a decent job. So's Potter.

boki

Quote from: druss on April 07, 2022, 01:56:19 PMIt's almost as though publicly declaring your players are spineless losers isn't the best tactic to get them on your side.
Clearly, this hasn't worked because he didn't go far enough.  I think the squad for the next game should be settled by who fares best out of a mass brawl in an underground car park.

SpiderChrist

Quote from: Kankurette on April 07, 2022, 12:08:48 PMThat's what I heard re Lovren - Fonte made him look good. (Are you mad about Ings leaving? Dad's mate is.)

You get used to it. No point getting bent out of shape about it. Fucking hell, 20 years ago I would never have thought that.

Kankurette

Quote from: boki on April 07, 2022, 04:44:45 PMClearly, this hasn't worked because he didn't go far enough.  I think the squad for the next game should be settled by who fares best out of a mass brawl in an underground car park.
Hard mode: no Pickford.

boki

imitationleather

The footage of people awkwardly dancing to Freed from Desire at West Ham's stadium reminded me of this. They've got to loosen up like her!

Inspector Norse

Quote from: imitationleather on April 07, 2022, 07:55:34 PMpeople awkwardly dancing to Freed from Desire at West Ham's stadium

Is this what Europa League teams do instead of lining up for the Champions League Anthem?

Inspector Norse

Europa Conference teams presumably perform onpitch recreation of the Teen Witch rap scene.

buttgammon

I swear I once saw someone mime along to the Champions League anthem with a hand on their heart. Helpfully, I'm unable to remember who, which team they played for or when they played.

The Lurker

I hope 2022 sees the return of another Southampton legend spouting batshit theories.

That legend, of course, being Ali Dia.

Kankurette

The Lieutenant Kijé of football.

I got into it on another football forum with someone saying 'but what's wrong with what he's saying, the media does lie' and 'at least he's not toeing the media line'. Odd how he chooses to deny a war crime of all things if he wants to talk about media lies, innit? Has he ever tweeted in support of the Hillsborough Justice Campaign, or does that not matter because his beloved Margaret Thatcher was in charge at the time and who cares about a bunch of dead Scousers anyway?

There's another footballer who's not toeing the media line, and that's Neville Southall, who's spoken out in support of trans people for ages. Oddly enough, the people who praise Le Tissier for Speaking The Truth don't seem to like Big Nev much.

Kankurette

Quote from: Jittlebags on April 08, 2022, 02:08:34 PMThink I saw an article somewhere saying that Mc Laren was coming as his no. 2, so we know all the carpets and carpeting accessories will be in good hands.
The players will have to take turns cleaning out Casper's cage. Right thread now, d'oh!

Quote from: The Lurker on April 08, 2022, 11:38:03 AMI hope 2022 sees the return of another Southampton legend spouting batshit theories.

That legend, of course, being Ali Dia.

Ali Dia doesn't hold a candle to this guy: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carlos_Kaiser_(footballer)

That's just incredible, and his "Senior career" list is one of the funniest things I've seen in a long while. Some big clubs on there too!

Kankurette

Quote from: Sex Festival Organizer on April 08, 2022, 08:56:11 PMAli Dia doesn't hold a candle to this guy: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carlos_Kaiser_(footballer)

That's just incredible, and his "Senior career" list is one of the funniest things I've seen in a long while. Some big clubs on there too!
That's some pretty impressive non-appearances he's racked up.

Quote from: Kankurette on April 08, 2022, 09:04:15 PMThat's some pretty impressive non-appearances he's racked up.

Isn't it just? I love how, when he *finally* got a chance to play as a sub, he got in a fight with some supporters and got red-carded before he even set foot on the pitch. I suspect that even though he asked to be subbed in, he didn't actually expect the coach to agree, and then thought, «Oh shit, better come up with something quick!» Which just makes it even better.

Mobius

This Everton Man Utd match is funny to watch both teams are so awful. So many shit passes.

bgmnts

Was it 68 years in the top flight? That's an incredible achievement but good god they look championship here. And Man Utd aren't great themselves at the moment.

Do Everton even have the fight in them? Burnley will always be up for it.

Inspector Norse

All the classic Man Utd elements in that goal: full-back goes missing, defensive midfielder puts in limp tackle, and it ends up with Maguire the fall guy.

Kankurette

Maguire and Keane on the pitch? Jesus Christ. De Gea and Pickford are going to need Strepsils by the end of the game.

United are rumoured to want Richarlison, which means with him AND Fernandes on the same team, there's going to be two overgrown toddlers rolling around on the floor every game.

ETA: Pogba is on. I wonder if we're going to get the one who played against Leeds or the crap one.