Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 08:42:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length

A serial lawbreaking liar - Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson scandal thread 2

Started by Fambo Number Mive, April 19, 2022, 01:46:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TrenterPercenter

He is going.  This is why the holding on and the appointments are so bizarre.  Proper suicide pact bunker mentality at least at Waco they had guns.

TrenterPercenter

Just imagining the police setting fire to No 10. to try and smoke him out.

jobotic

I hope that arrogant cunt Zahawi has screwed his career by aligning himself with Johnson for a few days in No 11.

He sounds pathetic trying to defend him.

Alberon

The 1922 committee nominations open today. It's a virtual certainty now that the Tory rebels will win it leading to a rewriting of the rules and Johnson forcibly removed shortly after.

It's clearly gone beyond the point of any containment so his only hope of stopping that is calling a general election.

On the other hand he's tried stringing things out hoping something will pop up before and Russia obliged by invading Ukraine. Maybe he's hoping it'll happen again but nothing short of the second coming of Christ would work now and even that probably wouldn't be good for him.

Alberon

TrenterPercenter

Its very puzzling the calculations of staying on but worth remembering the Tory leadership race is barely democratic. 

Any prospective leader will have to be supported by other MPs to get onto the long list, then it is alternative votes from MPs (which is key here), then two are presented to the party membership for election.

It all makes a bit more sense then.

PS - As soon as Javid resigned - I quickly stuck couple of quid on an GE yesterday before the odds shortened massively.  That is his other way out (it's still batshit).

JamesTC

Would they get enough votes for a General Election? Even assuming all opposition parties vote for it, why would Tories vote to possibly lose their own seat?

Fambo Number Mive

If Johnson does call a general election, will Labour win or will Kier Starmer make sure even the widely despised Johnson wins, maybe by going door to door telling people he hates Britain and thinks Putin is a "good lad".

buttgammon

Quote from: JamesTC on July 06, 2022, 09:20:57 AMWould they get enough votes for a General Election? Even assuming all opposition parties vote for it, why would Tories vote to possibly lose their own seat?

I'm wondering this. Presumably the one option he has left is to call an election because even if the shit really hit the fan and a load of Tories effectively stopped voting with the government while he was PM, it's the one thing he could do other than resigning.

TrenterPercenter

Quote from: JamesTC on July 06, 2022, 09:20:57 AMWould they get enough votes for a General Election? Even assuming all opposition parties vote for it, why would Tories vote to possibly lose their own seat?

It's batshit but it is possible.  I do not doubt for minute however this man would destroy his own party and country if it meant he could hold on to power for a bit longer.

TrenterPercenter

Just realised that no need for a vote for GE anymore.  Fixed parliament act was removed a couple of years ago.

He can call it whenever he wants.

Alberon

Excellent!

The 1922 committee is about to screw him so it's either a GE or declaring war on somewhere.

Blue Jam

Quote from: Alberon on July 06, 2022, 09:13:59 AMBrilliant. She doesn't even know what post he holds.

She also doesn't know the difference between Rugby League and Rugby Union. Which is especially shocking for someone from her neck of the woods.

Alberon

Or how Channel 4 is financed or the ownership status of Channel 5 when it started.

This is going to be a long list.

Crenners

I hope that the worst of the cartoonish evil cunts, Mogg, Patel, Dorries, who are only in post due to shameless loyalty and complete lack of humanity or empathy are blacklisted from any future Cabinet posts on the other side of this.

For all the chat about vaccine success, this government was absolutely shit throughout Covid, total ineptitude, awful communication, entirely reactive, callous. Total shit at their actual job. Loser tier.

BritishHobo

Please can we have a General Election, I fucking love them, this is not sarcastic.

JamesTC

Quote from: TrenterPercenter on July 06, 2022, 09:29:21 AMJust realised that no need for a vote for GE anymore.  Fixed parliament act was removed a couple of years ago.

He can call it whenever he wants.

That's madness that a PM can have the power to wave the threat of a General Election whenever they want.

Cuellar

TrenterPercenter

Please everyone also stop worrying about Emma Kennedy or whether the BBC believes Johnson is feeling bullish about staying and just enjoy the Tories ripping themselves apart, this is it! enjoy every minute of it, get your respective fleshlights/rampant rabbits out and enjoy it for what it is, as of course it will be back to shite soon enough.

TrenterPercenter

Quote from: JamesTC on July 06, 2022, 09:49:14 AMThat's madness that a PM can have the power to wave the threat of a General Election whenever they want.

They always could up until the coalition - it only changed then.

BritishHobo

jobotic

Quote from: BritishHobo on July 06, 2022, 09:46:44 AMPlease can we have a General Election, I fucking love them, this is not sarcastic.

Don't think I'll ever forget that feeling when the exit poll came out at the last election. Gives me a shudder of despair to think about it.

And to avoid that happening once more I don't think we should have a General Election ever again.

elliszeroed

So the guy who's been telling Johnsons lies, Zahawi, has been made chancellor. Was the humiliation worth it? Does he think he's going to stick around that long?

Fambo Number Mive

"The loss of the Rishi Sunak and the Sajid Javid"

Did Talk to Transformer write this letter?

edit: apologies jobotic.

elliszeroed

If they're going to be photographing them, they could at least put an acrostic in there.

Fambo Number Mive

Meanwhile this is the latest claim from Cummings, according to Martin Kettle in the Guardian:

QuoteSuggesting that he should appoint himself as his own Downing Street chief of staff and spokesman in November 2020, Johnson reportedly told Cummings: "Yes I'll fuck up all sorts, but so what? If I can't do what I want, what's the point of being prime minister?"