Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 01:12:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length

A serial lawbreaking liar - Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson scandal thread 2

Started by Fambo Number Mive, April 19, 2022, 01:46:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BritishHobo

Buelligan

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on July 06, 2022, 08:10:56 AMWhy are appointment decisions made "at warp speed"? What is the hurry and surely you would weigh up the suitability first.

The warp speed thing is obfuscation.  Firstly, one expects ones government, ones Prime Minister, to be capable of making wise, timely, decisions.  That is why they are appointed, that is why they are supplied with shitloads of well paid advisors, working to brief them on every fucking jot and tittle.  We want this because the wellbeing of all of us, our very lives, rest on the value of these choices.

Secondly, I believe that the appointment of people like Pincher (and there are an awful lot of flawed people who got picked for plum jobs) is not being made by Johnson on the basis of whether they'd do the job well or even whether they're honest, decent, reliable and hardworking.  NO.

He chooses people that cannot threaten him, that owe him, that he can twist, that have no moral compass and so are happy, if incentivised, to twist. 

The reason Johnson is surrounded by people like this is because he put them there to guard him and obey him, irrespective of whether they do their jobs for the country. 

His primary thought is for himself, not the work or the people or the country.

Paul Calf

I'm kind of glad that smarmy Randian Supercunt Javid has gone, but he's going to be back, and it's not like he's going to be replaced by John McDonnell is it?

jobotic

I hope there's a hardcore of about five Tories braying and oinking their way through PMQs this afternoon.

Paul Calf

Although Sunak as PM and Javid as Chancellor would be interesting - it'd be the final boss in the game of Tories Pretending That They're Not White Supremacists.

jobotic

Lee Anderson not backing Johnson anymore. But like Gullis he's a thick as shit anti-woke far-right twat.

Alberon

Quote from: jobotic on July 06, 2022, 09:52:35 AMAnd to avoid that happening once more I don't think we should have a General Election ever again.

Blue Jam

Quote from: jobotic on July 06, 2022, 09:53:43 AMThe Rishi Sunak and the Sajid Javid

The Paul Nuttalls of The Ukips.

Did his spellchecker just tell him "Rt" and "Hon" weren't proper words?

Alberon

Some rancid fucker from TalkTV has pointed out Johnson has to stay in office for just three more days to pass Neville Chamberlain's record, and another 33 days to beat Theresa May's.

A month is a long time in politics at the best of times.

shoulders

Interesting that pretty much everywhere dropped Diane Abbott's allegation that Boris Johnson has a reputation for being a bigger pincher than Pincher.

Almost like if we followed that line of enquiry that might start getting bad for an uncomfortable number of powerbrokers and grandees.

jobotic

Just been reminded that Anderson is the one who set up that doorstep interview with his mate for the Channel 4 report, and had defected from Labour. And he talks about integrity.

Stigdu

I think Boris Johnson did OK as PM. I didn't vote at the last election though, as I was busy all day and forgot about it until it was very late at night.

Butchers Blind

shoulders

Quote from: Stigdu on July 06, 2022, 11:01:41 AMI think Boris Johnson did OK as PM. I didn't vote at the last election though, as I was busy all day and forgot about it until it was very late at night.

Such fascinating insights. Please, do post more such fascinating insights. Tedious troll.

Martin Van Buren Stan

Didn't Sunak's wife voluntarily agree to pay about four million more in tax just to avoid bad pr for him recently too? What a bellend

Stigdu

Well, he came into power and then had Covid to deal with. The NHS had to create, and then administer thousands and thousands of vaccinations. i'd say the rollout was a success. Him and Sunak than got a council tax rebate sorted for thousands of us. He introduced a 10-point plan for a greener country, with petrol and diesel cars planning to be outlawed by 2030, plans to cut methane emissions, and has supported Ukraine in their fight with Russia.

Some facts for you, lest that shoulders guy accuses me of being a troll again.

Stigdu

Quote from: shoulders on July 06, 2022, 11:04:20 AMSuch fascinating insights. Please, do post more such fascinating insights. Tedious troll.

You know, you're one of the few people that replies simply to insult me. Hope the view is nice up there.

Alberon

He sent infected people to care homes resulting in many many deaths for that alone he should be facing criminal charges.

Stigdu

Quote from: Alberon on July 06, 2022, 11:19:00 AMHe sent infected people to care homes resulting in many many deaths for that alone he should be facing criminal charges.

I didn't know about that. That is indeed, disgusting.